carat
color
clarity

Where to buy online 14k or 18k YG clasp for SSP strand

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi All,

I'd like to properly string and knot my strand of golden SSPs into a necklace. I'm currently in Yangon, so stuff like silk thread and french wires are hard to find. These I can get off etsy or ebay, but I have difficulty finding 14K or 18K YG clasps online.

I don't want the typical ball clasp or almond shaped clasps. I'd like something that's longer in length, to add more length to my 16.25" strand now. If the clasp has an extender system, all the better.

Would anyone be able to recommend any website that would have such clasps or different designs at a reasonable price and ships overseas?

Thanks!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Rio Grande has clasps and some pearl-y findings and they do ship internationally; have you checked their website already?
https://www.riogrande.com/
I've bought from them many times over the years, and even had to do a return or two; their pieces are as described/photographed and they have good/responsive customer service. I definitely recommend them.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at these oval push clasps (a.k.a. orbit clasps) at Rio-- they will add length. They come in 14K, 18K as well as other metals, and in different sizes.
https://www.riogrande.com/search?q=oval+push+clasp&c=&t=1&pageSize=32

I also recommend Beaders Secret thread, sold on Etsy. This is a strong polyester thread that comes in gold in both the medium and heavy weight. It is easy to make the knots slide into place when knotting with this thread, even without using tools.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks to both of you! I will take a good look over the weekend.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rio Grande has a large selection of clasps of all sorts !

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've also purchased from Bella findings (you need an account to see the prices), back in my beading/pearl earring making days. Prices were better than other places that I had found

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results