shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy jade rings?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, would like to buy a jade ring like the one below. Ideally budget is around a few hundred dollars or less.

I’m a size 5.5-5.75 when it comes to metal rings—not sure if I should be looking for smaller/bigger size when it comes to jade rings?

Any recommendations for reputable vendors? From prior threads I posted I plan to check out ultimate jadeite, Kathy Jade, all about jade, and Mason Kay.

I read some stuff online about bad imitation Jade made from soaking stuff in radioactive material or strong acids (not sure if it’s true or not!). My skin is super sensitive—Don’t want to get a bad rash!
AA2DD150-9CAF-49A6-ABE7-45FB71A18C6A.jpeg

Last edited:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
For example, I’m looking at this one from Mason Kay for $140. Hard to find rings in smaller 5-6 sizes! Most are bigger.

I rather pay a little extra and not get a radioactive/heavy treated piece that causes me to pay a visit to my dermatologist lol.

BCBDAA66-6E21-4D8A-9EAD-A6EDC5FE92FC.jpeg

Or this one ($180):

DF1F1F60-C0DD-4E15-B785-8472DDC01BC3.jpeg 75648F79-D2A4-43F2-B9BD-47217DDE1AB1.jpeg
Or this one $280:
5A5686F7-5E9D-422C-8420-62BF2A313DA3.jpeg

Last edited:

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Hi pinkmartini87! Please check out IG page the_threcia_trove. They can definitely help locate a ring you are looking for in your price range because they helped me. Easy to communicate with, great English! Big plus for me. No pressure to buy, you just have to specify what you are looking for and price range. Show them the pictures you posted.

If you look up my userid, you will see my postings that I have been looking for bangles and whatnots related to jade since last year. I finally purchased by myself on the live broadcast and realized it was a lot harder than I thought. language barrier. I am still waiting for a pair of jade flowers since January 2020 to arrive.

@the_threcia_trove can help with this. They spoke with designers on my behalf to make several quality pieces. They don’t have much on their page yet so I will post in a bit what I got so far. The aquamarines (I have added semiprecious stones after getting several jade pieces made) and pink egg ring on the page are mine!

let me know if you have any questions. Be glad to help. All the sisters have been awesome and taught me a lot

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hey personally I feel jadeite rings can be uncomfortable to wear as they are quite thick vs usual metal bands. Just wanted to mention that as it wasn’t something I thought about until I went shopping for one and tried on a few. Didn’t like the something stuck between my fingers feeling if you know what I mean.

I think both Kathy and AAJ may have more stock that isn’t posted so you probably can message them to ask if you don’t see anything you like on their sites. Also Kathy is having an awesome sale until the end of this week.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
On the third CAD, we changed the basket to be completely bezel. I like that I get the CAD drawing so I can see what the ring will look like in the end. My other piece that I am loving is my paw prints: can be worn as a charm on bracelet or as pendant on necklace. 1st cad was what we thought it should like but after a minor tweak, the 2nd cad was the final design. FC0CB39D-A786-4B0B-A040-DFBA3A1FBF98.jpeg EE73BFB8-6200-4B13-BD28-72772050BA34.jpeg F5C7FDC0-23C3-4E0D-9194-5FF7DF602C1F.jpeg EE819810-909A-48BA-AB0C-865BCC88B4F4.jpeg

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Hey personally I feel jadeite rings can be uncomfortable to wear as they are quite thick vs usual metal bands. Just wanted to mention that as it wasn’t something I thought about until I went shopping for one and tried on a few. Didn’t like the something stuck between my fingers feeling if you know what I mean.

I think both Kathy and AAJ may have more stock that isn’t posted so you probably can message them to ask if you don’t see anything you like on their sites. Also Kathy is having an awesome sale until the end of this week.

You have a beautiful collection of rings!!! I have seen your post from 2019.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Maddiewin Thanks for the tips! I love how translucent your jade is!

@icy_jade Thanks! I tried to navigate kathy’s site just now but it’s mostly in Chinese and when I finally figured out the Chinese ring sizes and picked a ring, and proceeded to checkout, I could not select a non-Taiwanese Delivery address. Am I doing something wrong?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade Thanks! I tried to navigate kathy’s site just now but it’s mostly in Chinese and when I finally figured out the Chinese ring sizes and picked a ring, and proceeded to checkout, I could not select a non-Taiwanese Delivery address. Am I doing something wrong?

All rings:

All full jadeite rings:

For address, you have to pick other countries instead of Taiwan (default selection)

You have a beautiful collection of rings!!! I have seen your post from 2019.

Thank you! I’ve a small collection of jadeite rings. Many of the other ladies here have fabulous huge collection of rings and jadeite pieces that I admire.

femmemannequin

Rough_Rock
Hi all, would like to buy a jade ring like the one below. Ideally budget is around a few hundred dollars or less.

I’m a size 5.5-5.75 when it comes to metal rings—not sure if I should be looking for smaller/bigger size when it comes to jade rings?

Any recommendations for reputable vendors? From prior threads I posted I plan to check out ultimate jadeite, Kathy Jade, all about jade, and Mason Kay.

I read some stuff online about bad imitation Jade made from soaking stuff in radioactive material or strong acids (not sure if it’s true or not!). My skin is super sensitive—Don’t want to get a bad rash!
AA2DD150-9CAF-49A6-ABE7-45FB71A18C6A.jpeg

I think go for a jadeite cabochon for ultimate comfort. You can even have it on silver setting instead of gold to save cost.

also, for jadeite we usually use a penlight to shine thru the material to gauge /tell for "clouds/fault lines etc".

Jadeite hololith rings tend to be thick and not everyone is used to wearing it. I gave my mom and hubby one and they didnt quite enjoy wearing it LOL. I would say to go for a thickness of not more than 3mm for comfort. 2.5mm if youre lucky to find any. Those are comfortable Any thicker will be ....uncomfy [tho subjective]

You also need to size up slightly when buying a jade hololith. U cannot buy the same size as your normal rings.

if you're going for a cabochon. choose a cab with a high top so its nicer :) [the flat ones are less valued :) ] . i design jewelry and im a huge lover of jadeite so happy to share

you'll also want photos in various light.
ask about any treatments [type A jadeite is best of cos]
type A [ typically polished/waxed etc. and is otherwise not treated.
type b is usually beached [to remove the iron oxides], and then treated typically with resin.
type c is bleached and then dyed and filled with polymers as bleaching weakens the jadeite. Kinda like B [but with added color]

b and c will be super cheap cos of this reasons.

joycece

Rough_Rock
All about jade from Singapore posted above is good, they are quite honest with their jade and pricing. Etsy also have some reputable one but a little overpriced like @YolandaJewelryShop
. Aside from ABC, also note the origin of the jade, jade from Guatemala usually should be cheaper than jade from Burmese. But some sellers sell Guatemala jade as Burmese jade.

joycece

Rough_Rock
I'm also looking for a jade brand and seller's advices at least half size bigger than what you would buy a perfect fit gold ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results