shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy an engagement ring setting???

ndirish19

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a 2 carat diamond online and am looking for a setting to put it in. I'm looking for a setting to be:

Princess Cut center stone
Platinum metal
Cathedral
Pave or Channel

What sites could you guys recommend I take a look at?

Also, is there a rule of thumb for shape of diamonds in the setting compared to the shape of the center stone? In other words, do people usually get princess cut diamonds in the band if the center is princess or is it okay to get round stones in the band? I know it's all individual taste but what is the rule?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would look at Brian Gavin Diamonds and Whiteflash and Engagement Rings Direct as they have the style you want, make each ring to order for your stone, and have amazing reputations on here for their settings. Plus they all do custom work so if you want to change anything or customize, then can do that too.

I do not like princess channel stones, I think they can look dated. I think with channel settings having a very thin and delicate metal walls is key, great craftsmanship and nice quality round stones. I think pave is more 'in' and 'current' but it is not as durable as a good channel setting, so it's a trade off. You can mix shapes as much as you want, or as little as you want, but no one would think round channel stones with a princess setting is a mismatch at all, in fact they would probably not give it a thought at all .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results