shape
carat
color
clarity

Where should my priorities be?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/4/2003 7:51:14 PM Mara wrote:

So I've got carat weight in all the right places!! Hee.

----------------

UUUUUUUUUUmmmmmm...........if I recall correctly from your dress discussion, your "crown" is a little more top heavy than the angles would initial indicate!

Mwwwwwwahhhhhhhhh!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/4/2003 8:36:33 PM aljdewey wrote:

And yes, Sara.....The Wrath was a very powerful and motivating force.
----------------

Maybe Sara and I should change our names.

I could be SIZE and she'd be WRATH.

Get cool red bodysuits with a big S&W on the front and fly around incenting women everyone to buy bigger stones of I1 eye clean quality. Hmm. Career change!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/4/2003 8:39:20 PM Mara wrote:

----------------
On 12/4/2003 8:36:33 PM aljdewey wrote:

And yes, Sara.....The Wrath was a very powerful and motivating force.
----------------

Maybe Sara and I should change our names.

Get cool red bodysuits with a big S&W on the front and fly around incenting women everyone to buy bigger stones of I1 eye clean quality. Hmm. Career change!

----------------

HEY........don't leave me out! (Although the bodysuit idea isn't good for me shape)

What can I be????? (sniffing)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can be ASSIMILATED. Hee!

The bodysuits would be 'figure perfectors' of course. Made of some special material that turns us all into Victoria's Secret models (with less bones sticking out).

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/4/2003 8:35:08 PM aljdewey wrote:

----------------
On 12/4/2003 8:16:45 PM Jolie wrote:

Because the amount of money that you budgeted in the first place remains that same amount.

----------------
HA..HA.....that's the funniest thing I've read all year! In more than a year on this forum, I can count on two hands (or maybe even one) the number of folks whose budgets didn't expand. blockquote>

That seems to generally be the case based on the stories I've read here on PS. However, I actually came in under budget due to some savvy online shopping and I got exactly what I wanted in terms of the 4 C's. My fiance was very pleased. Of course, it helped that (1) I knew from the beginning that anything larger than 1.2 carats would look ridiculously large on my finger [as it is, the 1.17 size attracts more attention than I care for] and (2) marquise cuts cost less per carat than RBs.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/4/2003 7:51:14 PM Mara wrote:

But its NOT bigger!! Well .01c....BUT mine has the diameter of a 1.35c
1.gif
So I've got carat weight in all the right places!! Hee.
----------------

LMAO! I have to agree that I would rather carry more weight on top than on bottom as a general rule.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
"Maybe Sara and I should change our names.

Get cool red bodysuits with a big S&W on the front and fly around incenting women everyone to buy bigger stones of I1 eye clean quality. Hmm. Career change!"

Mr. CG likes this idea. He wants red bodysuits like the one Britney wore in her "Oops" video. And Al, you can be ALSIMILATED.
1.gif

Sadly I do not have Mara's upper carat weight, and no lower carat weight either, so maye I can be DIAMONDSTICKGIRL instead of WRATH.
sad.gif

Topic, yeah...as for the budget thing, most people end up going over, I think, once they see what's out there. We didn't have a budget, per se, but I knew what I didn't want him to spend.
1.gif
He was going to spend more on a bigger stone, and as I am inherently frugal, I kiboshed that idea. *ducks Mara's repeated blows to the head*

Edited for kreativ speling.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's okay CG...you got a great size stone for the budget!! And don't worry...I have plenty of time to work on you
1.gif

As for our red bodysuits, I bet Mr. CG likes that...he liked the miniskirt idea too remember?!
1.gif

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
God, everyone is alittle touchy here!!!

Just another plug for a larger stone. Try to balance all the C's. It is possible to find a large enough stone in an (H) color - virtually colorless in a SI1 or 2 with a very good - ideal cut. It might not be a super ideal or H & A but a nice balance will probably give the little woman what she wants. If you read some of Mara's polls, you will see that most women aspire to larger rings. They would like them now or later as upgrades. What most of these women say they learned is that they would definitely go down to a G/H/I color in a SI clarity to get a bigger and more well cut stone.

There is nothing wrong with small and perfect but SURVEY SAYS!!!!!!!.....Women want larger stones. It doesn't matter who or why they want them. They just want them. If a guy is lucky enough to find a woman who wants a small stone - WAY TO GO!!!! Read some of Mara's polls for reference. Regards and good luck.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The large majority prefer 1.0 up to 2 carats...That's not that big afterall
21.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mr. CG did indeeed like the thought of you in a Daphne-like mini, Mara. He is an unabashed admirer of the pulchritude of the fairer sex, and I love that about him.
1.gif

And if anyone knows where I can get him an autographed pic of Heidi Klum for Christmas, I'm all ears.
9.gif

Topic, yeah. Women like big stones. But big is relative.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greg is the same way CG....a shameless flirt...but I love his confidence and the ladies love HIM.
1.gif

Try eBay for that picture!
rodent.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I guess I'm the only non-size regular on the Forum. I wanted 3/4 carat, I bought 3/4 carat (within my budget BTW), and I love my 3/4 carat! I think it's plenty big enough and I haven't given a serious thought to trading up in size. HeeeHeee
9.gif

Sooooo,.... Can I join the group and get a body altering red jump suit too??? You could call me Pee Wee! 'Cause I'm the runt of the litter??!!
naughty.gif

jjklayman

Rough_Rock
I picked out my own engagemnt ring and did all the research on the diamond I've learned a lot since then it was a yahooda enhanced ring i found out later what that meant and decided to send it back at a small price loss and i am now looking for a replacment at first i wanted a d or e vvs .61 now i'm willing to go e vs but no lower i want true beauty not some giant medium grade bling bling i want quality for myself not to tell people about and not size just to impress but quality because i deserve it, it will be passed on for generations to come

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Did you breathe at all during your post?
2.gif
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is Yahooda?

jjklayman

Rough_Rock
I picked out my own engagemnt ring and did all the research on the diamond I've learned a lot since then it was a yahooda enhanced ring i found out later what that meant and decided to send it back at a small price loss and i am now looking for a replacment at first i wanted a d or e vvs .61 brilliant now i'm willing to go e vs but no lower i want true beauty not some giant medium grade bling bling i want quality for myself not to tell people about and not size just to impress but quality because i deserve it, it will be passed on for generations to come

jjklayman

Rough_Rock
yahooda is clarity enhanced. They take a lesser quality stone and put a laser hole in it and fill in the flaws with some kind of chemical. The laser hole looks like a small feather when looked at through loop the enhancement is supposed to last around 20 years but it makes the stone possibly shatter under the wrong conditions not worth the money to me

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/6/2003 11:19:41 PM pqcollectibles wrote:

I guess I'm the only non-size regular on the Forum. I wanted 3/4 carat, I bought 3/4 carat (within my budget BTW), and I love my 3/4 carat! I think it's plenty big enough and I haven't given a serious thought to trading up in size. HeeeHeee
9.gif

----------------

Yeah, but give it time.....Mara WILL get you to roll on this. Trust me....she smacks HARD!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/7/2003 11:35:46 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

Did you breathe at all during your post?
2.gif
----------------
The period key must be broken on her keyboard....heheheee

jjklayman

Rough_Rock
I didn't know I would be graded. I thouht this was a casual chat. Haha.
wacko.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
You guys are so hysterical you should have your own TV show - and the red jumpsuits would come in very handy.
9.gif

And I say this with all seriousness.
12.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
JJ - I'm sorry, I was just poking fun - sorry.
1.gif
I think you mean Yehuda? I googled, and that's what I came up with, and that's what you're describing.

I swear to God, when I was telling Mr. CG about which stone I wanted and why a week or two before we bought, I said, "And Mara will like the size." He said, naturally, "Who the hell is Mara?"
1.gif
Don't worry darling, he's since seen your picture and won't soon forget you.
11.gif
He has a *thing* for you dark-haired, voluptuous, exotic beauties. I'm serious, he saw your pic and made a growly noise. Which makes me wonder what in the Christ he's doing with fair-haired, pale, chicken-legged, apple-pie me.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's that insane non-tangible thing called LOVE ... CG. Happens to the best of us.
2.gif
He quite obviously he has a THING for you....ding ding 'Fiance'!!?!
1.gif

Hilarious related Greg story. He says that before he met me...he would keep little saucepans simmering on the stove. Naturally, pots are the women he was dating. They would simmer quietly each on their own burner..he'd heat one up, then cool it down.

Then along comes me, the big massive 10lbs of potatoes pot and I crash into all the other pans and they rattle and tumble to the floor, water spilled everywhere, fires on the burners....and I rest happily on the stove, and claim it for my own.

Now if you are like me, hearing that and even typing it, cracks me up every time. I'm the big pot baby...yeah!!!
1.gif

Oh and AL...you are sickeningly my twin...today while reading PQ's post...I thought...'Ahhhhh just give me time...' but then I got distracted and forgot to type it and went away.....CLASSIC that you said the exact same thing I was thinking.
rodent.gif
Wonder twin powers, activate!!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hee, that pot story is cute. I think a lot of guys are like that.
1.gif
And then, BAM! They get hit with the 10 quart pot that rocks their world.
1.gif

Mr. CG once referred to me as a "delicate fawn crossed with a Buick."

I'm reasonably sure he meant it as a compliment.
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/8/2003 12:51:05 AM Mara wrote:

Oh and AL...you are sickeningly my twin...today while reading PQ's post...I thought...'Ahhhhh just give me time...' but then I got distracted and forgot to type it and went away.....CLASSIC that you said the exact same thing I was thinking.
rodent.gif
Wonder twin powers, activate!!

----------------

Mara......HA. You don't even know the half of it........we are SO sickening twins. The whole X-Mas thing you went over.....that's ME to a T! I'm in my element during Christmas - my favorite time of year and I get immersed in everything x-mas. Go out every year and get a massive! (8 ft) Christmas tree.....sit up at 1 in the morning wrapping gifts listening to xmas music.

Holy cow, you are really ARE my long lost twin.

I'm in great company!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Mara will have to wait a while to whack on me. I've already done my upgrade for the year! And, you'll notice I said "serious thought". Yeah, I've looked. HeeHee But at this point, I don't think Mr. PQ would go for that TOO!

Mr. PQ and I are just the opposite of Mara and Greg. Mr. PQ is dark. All his people are dark. Not a blonde haired, blue eyed person in the bunch. And along comes me. Red hair, hazel/green/brown color changing eyes, and so FAIR.

When we first got married we'd go on fishing trips, out on the lake all day in the sun. Everyone else is basking in the rays, while I wear a lightweight, long sleeved shirt, long legged khakhi's, a huge hat, and super dark sunglasses. Mr. PQ was a tad embarrassed to start with, but he loved me so he got over it. Mr. PQ had never met anyone before me that would sunburn whilst sitting in the shade. TG for SPF 50 sunscreen! The first time I found some, I was in Hawg Heaven! No more roasting in long sleeves and pants for me!
3.gif

Hey! When are those body altering suits supposed to arrive? PeeWee wants hers to look Maaavelous for the holidays! Although I do have to say, I struggle a bit wearing red. It really is not my color! HeeeHeee
2.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, did you do something with your hair?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why thank you Scoob....it's a particularly nice shade of bottled red that I call 'Daphne's Delight'.
2.gif

Speaking of the fawn/Buick gene-splice....Greg often remarks fondly that I am his 'delicate flower'...this is usually when I stub a toe and swear like a sailor, or when I have pinned him down to the ground during one of our 'wrestling' matches. He taught me a few moves.
2.gif
He used to tell his friends that he wanted a girl who could 'throw him across the room'. Don't know if I'm that strong...but I can sure try!
rolleyes.gif

PQ the bodysuits are on order. I got that new lycra which either sucks it in or pushes it out, whichever you desire.
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Great, Mara! I can suck it in on the bottom and push it out the top! Wooohooo!
3.gif

BTW, Mara. You have nearly gotten the same shade of red my hair naturally is. Does that make us twins now, too??!!
9.gif
If so,.... YeeeHaa! I've always wanted to be gorgeous like you!
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/8/2003 1:24:38 PM Mara wrote:

quote]

And, he will still say that 20 years into your marriage. Don't get me in front of a reporter for the Rolling Stone. Note: incerted the Southern word "cuss" for swear. I think hubby would think swear was a good thing - like a pledge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results