shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I get a schlumberger x band copy (if that's possible)?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... that is interesting Pinot Noir.
I don't know what to say.
Is there a 1% chance that the ring is authentic? Maybe..
They were made in many different workshops over many years.. who know?
Maybe the person they showed it to at Tiffany (if they really did) doesn't know the finer points of real from fake?
Also.. did the seller say they would refund your taxes and fees?
I truly hope so.

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
@SimoneDi I already kissed my money goodbye, obviously... Now this is just a matter of making things right and fair. Problem with authentification is that any third party is not a 100% true source, and they can also be mistaken + I don't know any experts in my country: not this part of the world.
@Rubies-R-Me I really doubt these rings would differ from workshop to workshop, Tiffany certainly has exact design and exact moulds for it. As I said, even simply googling shows only alternate patterns crosses which is not a proof but strong enough indication.
No, they did not refund me anything.
I will go to Tiffany's tomorrow myself and talk to them. I am also having another Schlumberger ring coming in tomorrow which I'll ask them to clean etc...
@JPie This is what I thought as well when I saw this message. If this is so, this is simply fraud and can't be left alone like this.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This video seems to say that it's supposed to be alternating..

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
As I understand: refund is on what they listed for in that same currency. I wouldn’t think it’s fair to ask for currency exchange rates...as there are 3rd party rates thst vary.

they state thst they had Tiffany confirm it is real- not sure if that is true when you already know the crosses were not correct. They are feeding you a line to make you unsettled... but, you know better from what others have stated here.

well done on your due diligence, and the refund including shipping costs.

I would leave the negative review to warn others that the item you bought is not authentic when they claim it to be. Not sure how much of a reduction the price compared to the authentic one... but some ppl are happy to have these counterfit pieces without the price tag.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinot Noir.. could you post a picture of the hallmarks on the inside?
Just out of curiosity I would love to see them.

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
Here are the photos of the ring
@Rubies-R-Me let me know what you think?
s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
oh- the box is black? i only ever knew TnC came in that teal greenish blue box. but a quick google search tells me that they do come in black boxes, too

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Thanks for posting the pictures. It's interesting..
I went on Ebay and looked at the markings on other 16 stone rings.
Most have an imprinted hallmark like this.
Yours looks like it's laser printed on.
Then I saw this one where the X's are going the correct way but the hallmarks look lasered too.
I don't know what it all means..:confused:
I have seen that newer Tiffany pieces have lasered on markings instead of imprinted ones..
I will keep looking and post anything else I find.
Sorry this happened to you.. very annoying for sure.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More reading..

1. Correct Logo & Signature
“There are many variations to the Tiffany & Co. logo depending on the collection,” says Krakowski. For example, pieces attributed to a special designer will feature a unique signature, and the logos can differ based on the era in which a piece was manufactured. “In any case, you expect to see well-done engraving, but you also have to acknowledge fluctuations in their own internal quality control as a brand. Older pieces are notorious for having less-perfect signatures then today’s standards.”

Tiffany & Co. Diamond Key Necklaceorig. $23,300, now $12,950“In addition to the quality of the engraving, I look for the placement of the signature and ensure that it reads ‘Tiffany & Co.’ or ‘T & Co.’” Tiffany & Co. has allowed only four jewelers to sign their work: Jean Schlumberger, Paloma Picasso, Elsa Peretti and Frank Gehry. “Authentic pieces that are part of a designer’s collection will always feature that designer’s signature.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am being the "Diamond Detective" tonight.
Hubs is at work.. I'm sitting here with nothing pressing to do.:wavey:

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
I completely agree that I should not be reimbursed for my extra expenses if I didn't like what I bought. In this case, however, it's plainly a fraud when someone is selling you a replica at a price of the original and still keeps claiming the item is authentic. I don't quite get why I should be the one paying for this?..
I paid with PayPal but I really doubt they will get involved with my extra expenses since I've got refund.

Last edited:

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
Here is another with the same type of non stamped (lasered) hallmarks as yours.

This one definitely does not look authentic at all!!! Look at the crosses: how fat they are and the distance between their upper ends? Even from the look and feel it already looks suspicious!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I completely agree that I should not be reimbursed for my extra expenses if I didn't like what I bought. In this case, however, it's plainly a fraud when someone is selling you a replica at a price of the original and still keeps claiming the item is authentic. I don't quite get why I should be the one paying for this?..

it is true that is fraud..- you didnt receive what they had claimed it to be... from what i have experienced they will only pay what was their list price and shipping in their currentcy.

I try to reason with myself... if the dollar exchange was better when they refunded the money to me, i would have kept that difference..

Perhaps you can file a claim thru financial institution with which you paid thru??... did you pay via paypal or credit merchant

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
Hi! Thanks for posting the pictures. It's interesting..
I went on Ebay and looked at the markings on other 16 stone rings.
Most have an imprinted hallmark like this.
Yours looks like it's laser printed on.
Then I saw this one where the X's are going the correct way but the hallmarks look lasered too.
I don't know what it all means..:confused:
I have seen that newer Tiffany pieces have lasered on markings instead of imprinted ones..
I will keep looking and post anything else I find.
Sorry this happened to you.. very annoying for sure.

I don't think lasered or imprinted is a distinctive feature here... The older ones are definitely engraved but the newer Tiffany pieces are lasered. It's more about small details which replica producers can't get right.
Here's the ring I'm expecting to arrive tomorrow and I'll take it to Tiffany's immediately

Screenshot_20200223-115411.png

I also browsed through these rings on eBay but none of them had this very peculiar non-alternating cross pattern.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid with PayPal but I really doubt they will get involved with my extra expenses since I've got refund.

PP will get involved, just file a claim with them for the extra changes that you used PP to pay for.

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
PP will get involved, just file a claim with them for the extra changes that you used PP to pay for.

Hmmm, even though technically I've got a full refund?
They will of course have record that I've received quite a bit less in my currency according to their own statements.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, even though technically I've got a full refund?
They will of course have record that I've received quite a bit less in my currency according to their own statements.

I would at least reach out to them and explain the situation. Ultimately, you should be made whole.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would at least reach out to them and explain the situation. Ultimately, you should be made whole.
Agreed. If, in fact they are selling a replica as authentic then it is fraud. This is not the same as you purchasing something and then wanting to return because you dont like it.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,
Some updates about my story: I shipped the ring back and got refund for the shipping and for the ring itself. However, I am still at a loss because I had to pay currency conversion fee and taxes. I am asked the seller to reimburse these costs and hopefully they will do that.
Just wanted to ask: would you report the seller to Tiffany's? Obviously I have photo and videos and screenshots of the listing with the replica ring. Would you report to eBay? Negative feedback?
The seller told me they would take the ring to Tiffany's to "see what went wrong..." But I really, really doubt this. This can't be authentic Tiffany's ring and they know it.
Regardless of what you decide to do re your eBay feedback, I'll heartily encourage you to report it to Tiffany:

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
Regardless of what you decide to do re your eBay feedback, I'll heartily encourage you to report it to Tiffany:

Thanks!! I will definitely do that will all the details and photos! I will also take screenshots of these to show to PayPal/eBay etc.

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock

Thanks, @SimoneDi I actually will give a call today to both PayPal and eBay to discuss the best course of actions.

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
@MollyMalone For the feedback I will definitely leave a negative, I am just thinking about the best course of actions in this situation.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everything works out the best for you.. that you get all your money without too much trouble.:pray:

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
I hope everything works out the best for you.. that you get all your money without too much trouble.:pray:

@Rubies-R-Me thank you :) I said goodbye to my money already. It is now more about restoring fairness.
I did not read the seller's message carefully and this is what they wrote:
"hello!
i took it to tiffany today and they said it looks authentic they have sent it in to be inspected and appraised
thank you"

Does Tiffany really send all items for inspection and appraisal? Anyone heard about this kind of practice?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubies-R-Me thank you :) I said goodbye to my money already. It is now more about restoring fairness.
"hello!
i took it to tiffany today and they said it looks authentic they have sent it in to be inspected and appraised
thank you"

Does Tiffany really send all items for inspection and appraisal? Anyone heard about this kind of practice?
What she's now asserting isn't going to actually happen.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"hello!
thank you"

The seller is definitely lying.

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
@MollyMalone @distracts whoa. I would not believe they would go that far assuming I know their address, name and have screenshots of everything. Just unbelievable.
This whole experience will be sent to Tiffany's today with all the credentials, photos and details.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far as I know (my niece worked at the Tiffany flagship store during the holidays the past couple of years) & based on what we've heard here in the past 5-8 years, @Pinot Noir , Tiffany policy is -- and has been for some time -- that they will issue a Retail Price Update to only an original purchaser/owner who can provide documentation of that status. (Altho' I imagine they make exception for a Very Important Piece specially designed and fabricated for someone)

Am curious to hear what she comes up with next! :think:

Just realized I'm not certain of something: does this eBay seller have a "no returns" policy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results