shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find diamond-studded prongs on setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

So as a sheepish newbie, I've been perusing for a couple months and have posted only once or twice. We went and looked at cushions and radiants today and I've decided that although gorgeous, radiants are a bit too geometric for me. Our amazing jeweler is going to get in a few other cushions for us to look at next weekend. We're hoping for a near perfect rectangular (elongated?) cushion over 2 cts. We've got a comfortable budget to work with so hopefully we're being realistic!

SO - my question is about settings. I want to stick with a solitaire for now, as so many of you have inspired me with your upgrades and changes over the years. I'm certain my tastes will change too :)

That said, I'd like to go with a more unique setting or something to give the ring a little extra oomph! I found this HUGE ring, but loved the detailed setting. Where can I look for more unique designs like this?? Suggestions? I don't care for halos on e-rings, but this is what has inspired my new setting search.
http://www.sybarites.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/levievcut.jpg

Thanks in advance - you are all amazing and so diamond-intelligent it blows me away!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 6:17:37 PM
Author:megumic
Hi All,

So as a sheepish newbie, I''ve been perusing for a couple months and have posted only once or twice. We went and looked at cushions and radiants today and I''ve decided that although gorgeous, radiants are a bit too geometric for me. Our amazing jeweler is going to get in a few other cushions for us to look at next weekend. We''re hoping for a near perfect rectangular (elongated?) cushion over 2 cts. We''ve got a comfortable budget to work with so hopefully we''re being realistic!

SO - my question is about settings. I want to stick with a solitaire for now, as so many of you have inspired me with your upgrades and changes over the years. I''m certain my tastes will change too :)

That said, I''d like to go with a more unique setting or something to give the ring a little extra oomph! I found this HUGE ring, but loved the detailed setting. Where can I look for more unique designs like this?? Suggestions? I don''t care for halos on e-rings, but this is what has inspired my new setting search.

Thanks in advance - you are all amazing and so diamond-intelligent it blows me away!

hi megumic, and welcome to pricescope! :)

do keep in mind when looking for rings that there can be a significant difference between what a jeweler can do....and what a jeweler can do *well*. you''ll find regular references on this site to jewelers such as leon merger, james and caleb meyer, ann mckay, whiteflash, good old gold, and many others. these jewelers are all top of their game and any of them could make you a ring which you''d be proud to wear all your life. my personal favorite, however, is von bargens. about a year ago they hired a master jeweler called barrett salzmann who is the only master jeweler i know who has also studied under 2 master jewelers himself. his work is meticulous, innovative and outstanding, and i make the trek from new york up to new hampshire specifically to work with this workshop. in my opinion, the only workshop i''d put on this level as regards their work as goldsmiths (as opposed to acquiring outstanding stones) would be van craeynest, followed by leon mege.

this is my opinion as a customer only. but i have been in the workshops of van craeynest, leon mege, and von bargens, and these are my top 3, with von bargens and van craeynest just pipping leon mege at the post. i''d recommend von bargens to you in this instance, tho, because it seems closer to the sort of style you''re looking for. you could do a lot worse than contact jason thom and ask for a consultation with him and barrett so they could discuss styles with you. they could give you a lot of inspiration, but barrett would no doubt be able to suggest unique ideas for your particular stone.

i''m glad you have a jeweler you love for stones, but personally, i''d double check with a company like Good Old Gold; what they don''t know about diamonds isnt worth knowing.

good luck - and keep us posted! :)

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks a million for the leads! I''ve already gotten a couple of ideas. I will certainly keep you posted and appreciate the advice!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 6:17:37 PM
Author:megumic
Hi All,

So as a sheepish newbie, I''ve been perusing for a couple months and have posted only once or twice. We went and looked at cushions and radiants today and I''ve decided that although gorgeous, radiants are a bit too geometric for me. Our amazing jeweler is going to get in a few other cushions for us to look at next weekend. We''re hoping for a near perfect rectangular (elongated?) cushion over 2 cts. We''ve got a comfortable budget to work with so hopefully we''re being realistic!

SO - my question is about settings. I want to stick with a solitaire for now, as so many of you have inspired me with your upgrades and changes over the years. I''m certain my tastes will change too :)

That said, I''d like to go with a more unique setting or something to give the ring a little extra oomph! I found this HUGE ring, but loved the detailed setting. Where can I look for more unique designs like this?? Suggestions? I don''t care for halos on e-rings, but this is what has inspired my new setting search.

Hi Megumic

You could try La Royale by Claude Thibadeau

It has diamond studded prongs. Tierhog has this ring and here is her thread

Tierhog incredible ring 03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results