shape
carat
color
clarity

Where best place to buy mozambique neon tourm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Just told the crysoberyl on memo is in the mail!!!!
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Simply Splendid I don''t think you''re sick ...I envy you ''cause you found 7 stones you wanted this month. And they were at prices thaq you could afford!

Maybe that makes me the sick one. LOL

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

Date: 7/30/2007 9:24:11 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW Simply Splendid I don''t think you''re sick ...I envy you ''cause you found 7 stones you wanted this month. And they were at prices thaq you could afford!

Maybe that makes me the sick one. LOL
LOL, thanks for consoling me Stone Hunter! I am trying to corner the spessarsite market, I bought 3 this month and going for more ..
9.gif

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I know that stone, I was considering it myself at one point, but it is too green for me. I prefer the blue ones. I think, from how he described it, that it's a good match to the Palagems stone. It has a window, but again, I'm not a stickler for a window, when a good price and rare color are concerned. Also windows tend to look less noticable when you set them. I definitely think it's a finer stone than the one you lost. It's a great size and a great price for that stone, and it's very clean. I just got a stone from him with a window, did you see the thread

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/dumpster/oh-no-not-another-t66413.html

That's from the same dealer (Suhail). It has a window, but I could care less, the color is amazing and saturated throughout and when I lay it between my two fingers, the window disappears. The prolem with 99% of these copper bearing tourmalines is that they're never cut perfectly, and the only way to get a perfect cut one is to buy from a USA dealer who will recut it, and charge substantially higher because 1) He got it from a Thai dealer in the first place, and 2) He had to recut it. You could buy this directly from Suhail, and decide to have it recut on your own and save quite a bit. He will refund your money to, even though it's Thailand. He is the only dealer that I have never ever returned anything I ever purchased. Now this one is a mint blue green, not much lime in it, but it does match Pala's color, it is more green than blue. I think he told me it's 90% green and 10% blue. He also said it's greener than the photo. Suhail also uses a cutter, and you can ask him about recutting the stone to reduce the window. However, I don't know his cutter's work, and I would probably go with one of the USA cutters that Chrono recommends.

I bet if that went up for auction, there would be a ton of bidders. It's a beautiful stone, and extremely clean. You would not see any inclusions with your naked eye in that piece. He also told me it's saturated throughout, and it's neon.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Ok- now I am feeling more educated. i just needed someone (thanks Gary) to give me specific idea of Pala''s price for smaller green stone that I like. Maybe it IS worth it to buy oversees stone and have it recut! Should i start a new thread about questions to ask to find recutting worthy stones? I assume largest size possible so they have something to work with, color, and clarity throughout stone, right? I just seem to remember seeing on other threads that there is just no guarentee that a cutter can improve look of stone- or will a highly skilled USA cutter make these Thailand gems look like masterpieces??? Afterall- isn''t Pala, Atgems and others buying the big oversees stones and recutting them to charge $$$$?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 12:46:27 PM
Author: Green with Envy
Ok- now I am feeling more educated. i just needed someone (thanks Gary) to give me specific idea of Pala''s price for smaller green stone that I like. Maybe it IS worth it to buy oversees stone and have it recut! Should i start a new thread about questions to ask to find recutting worthy stones? I assume largest size possible so they have something to work with, color, and clarity throughout stone, right? I just seem to remember seeing on other threads that there is just no guarentee that a cutter can improve look of stone- or will a highly skilled USA cutter make these Thailand gems look like masterpieces??? Afterall- isn''t Pala, Atgems and others buying the big oversees stones and recutting them to charge $$$$?
It depends. Sometimes, the carat weight loss is too great that it doesn''t make any sense to recut the stone. This depends on a stone per stone basis which only a cutter with the stone in his hands will be able to evaluate and recommend. I have seen some gorgeous Paraiba stones that had drop dead colour but lousy cutting. In discussion with a few cutters, they said the weight loss in the recut process coupled with their time did not make it worth it at all for those stone.

Plus there is always the risk of added chipping, fracturing, and working around the current inclusions that the stone already has. Doing a recut is risky business that many cutters do not take lightly. It is always easier to get a stone that is already cut so that what you see is what you get.
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Just a comment about eBay bidding (or any bidding for that matter)...many pros use a software package to win bids...it''s called sniping. So you may be at a disadvantage if you''re not using it.

Look up www.auctionsniper.com or www.bidnapper.com for details.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results