shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are the mother''s rings that aren''t ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Newbie here... I''m stopping the search on engagment rings.. no it is not bad news... the only think left is for my FF to figure out which diamond and well... :) ask. That may be awhile and that''s OK - we''re not in a hurry. (at least YET!)

So in the meantime, I''m getting a bit more money on my income taxes than I thought, so I decided I would look for a mother''s ring for ME! I told FF that at least I''d get a RING of some sort... he just laughed.

Problem: OMG - the sites I googled had flippin'' ugly cheap looking rings, that weren''t so cheap. I''m thinking of just getting the representative stones (I can''t afford my sons rubies) for Dan S.or Barry B. I want smaller stones (<1 carat) and am debating if I can stack with stones that large, how I can get an inexpensive setting... I''m thinking a simple rope (like the bonding symbolism) solitaire stacked...

But I like floral rings also....

Argggg..... I can only afford maybe 300.00. I''m thinking maybe I will just get the stones and if there is a setting I find that I like, waiting until I can afford the rest.

ANY ADVICE AT ALL???? I''m always amazed at the awesome advice, suggestions on here, so here I am asking for some!

My daughter''s stone is Topaz (I''ll get the yellow variety though I LOVE the Imperial), my son''s is Ruby - which I''m not sure what I''ll do with yet, as I defintely can''t afford that.

Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not quite what you are looking for but Kashmir Blue is having a liquidation sale. Their gemstones are of good quality and the prices on these items are dirtball low. There are some eternity rings, and possibly mother''s rings too.
http://www.kashmirblue.com/Jewelry/liquidation.html

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Chrono: Wow - is this a sign? This ring is all of our birthstones (mine included) and I don''t usually include mine because it usually looks icky with the warmth of the red and yellow of my kids...... hmmm...now I''m thinking! I''m a size 7.25 also. Could it be? It''s within budget. The stones are even in the order I would want them. Hmmm....

Any other suggestions for finding a unique, nice mother''s ring within a budget?

I have to go look at kashmir blue some more now!

Thnx chrono!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
The pic isn''t attaching... darnit.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
This is it.

mombling2009.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, when I read about your birthstones, I knew that KB ring was the perfect fit. A nice wavy design and some diamond melee to sweeten the deal. It's even within budget. Buy that ring, woman!
30.gif
It's got your name all over it.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I have stackers from onegarnetgirl on etsy.com. 2 August peridots and one blue topaz for Dec. I love it and get lots of attention with it!

ahmannstackers.jpg

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Thanks - I actually looked at Etsy and was going to send a message to the crafter. However, I just got done sending a message to kashmir blue! I hope it''s not gone by the time we get to talk. I wanted to see some more pics! Wish me luck. The more I look, the more I like! I think it does have my name written on it.

BUT - this would be the first ring of any significance I''ve ever bought myself. Can you believe that? Eeekss.... what has pricescope done to me!
9.gif

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
I also recommend OneGarnetGirl on Etsy! She is wonderful to work with and very reasonably priced for handmade custom jewelry.

She is working on my emerald cut london blue topaz (my birthstone) then I will add the other 2 for my step daughters (aquamarine and peridot) to make a set of 3 stacking rings.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I, too, tend to find most mother jewelry badly designed (mind you, there are exceptions!) and think that they rely more on the sentimentality aspect to sell. Generally, I think you are better off looking for "ordinary" jewelry with the gems you want, such as the ones on this thread. I, personally, love the stackers.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
So I ordered the ring.

My plans are to take it into my jeweler and have him remove the citrine and the garnet. The citrine will go on a floral stacker band, the garnet will go on a rope stacker band, and both bands will "wave" together" with the original band from KB. I will talk to the jeweler about placement of the amythest jiving with the placement of the other stones as well.

I''m very excited to get started on this project.

Any suggestions before I go to my jeweler?

The rope band symbolizes the bond a mother has with her children, the flower (maybe ivy) band symbolizes growth of the family.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm... should I move that last question to a different forum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results