shape
carat
color
clarity

When you're indecisive about something, how do you usually end up choosing?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For life events like jobs, relocations and partners, I tend to go by gut-feel and not so meticulous in planning, and don't usually consult anyone as the number of people whom I can truly trust can be counted on one hand.

DK :))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember my dad poring over Consumer Reports for big purchases (cars mainly) when I was growing up, before internet was ubiquitous. My mother was/is more of an impulse shopper, but she never second-guessed herself and was always happy with whatever she bought because she had so much confidence in her decision-making. I'm probably a blend of both--I will research the hell out of something right AFTER getting the idea in my head that it's just the thing I need. At that point I base my decision on whether it will add value to my life or just appease me briefly.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tell my husband and son to pick for me and then I find myself having a strong view on what they’ve picked which lets me know what I truly want.

Yep, having someone, or something like a coin, take the decision away from you usually results in strong feelings for me. Funny
how psychology works!

For example...I'm going to Rapid City, South Dakota (Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Custer, etc.) with a couple of friends this summer.
One person said they would make up a daily schedule. I said fine, I have to do it on family trips so I'm happy to give up that "chore".

I got their schedule and they have put Mt. Rushmore on Day 6 of a 7-day trip. Does anyone find this odd besides me?
They have us going to a Cave on the first day. Great, going to a really beautiful place with mountains (I live in flat FL)
and I'm going to be in a cave the first day???

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is it has brought out strong feelings on my part...that I didn't realize I had (until someone
did the schedule WRONG!) :lol: Live and learn!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's something material and not too expensive and I *really* can't decide - then I clearly want both - so I get both (unless it's a stupid level of self indulgence). I also often think - both of these will wear out over time, so if I get both, I can put one away and get to it later. This is often the case with things on sale.

For jobs? Houses? When do we relocate back to Australia? There are normally so many details, one option will emerge above the others. Timing is also often a deciding factor - like - between the two cars I want - which one is in stock, and which will take 8 weeks? Timing is often a deal breaker for me.

For the really huge, important things, I always pray. And then I make DH decide. And then I disagree with him. And - voila! Decision made! :mrgreen:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m never indecisive, in fact I’m too impulsive and it can get me in trouble!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results