shape
carat
color
clarity

When your shoes no longer do (aka Meresal''s influance)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

So for day''s I have been lusting after Meresal''s shoes, and came to the conclusion that I need new shoes!!

Background: I''ve had these shoes for 5 years (I KNOW! Can you imagine having shoes for FIVE years, and thinking of wearing them for your wedding). With the belief that they would be my something old. But looking at them now, I think maybe they are outdated for a wedding. And with Meresal''s CL droolfest on my mind, I started scoring the internet for a pair of shoes.

The heel on my shoe is 4'' inches. My dress was made hollow to hem for a 4'' inch heel. I could probably sneak in 3 3/4, but no less. My dress is natural silk color so white, but not a true white.

I also love a stiletto-ish heel. It MUST be a stiletto heel. And I LOVE a shoe with a bow.

If you ladies have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

My budget is $250 USD (I could do $300) if something is drool worthy though. I''ve combed through zappos already, and nothing of intrest.

I''ll post pictures of the 5-year shoe. Which is not completely out of the running (unless you gals say it''s really ugly and updated).

Thanks!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
The shoes I''ve had for 5-years.

allyshoe.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
My dress. I don't think the shoes go with the dress. I think because of the black sole, or maybe because it's too much for my dress.

goldinspirationboard.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I found this on zappos, I would have the sole painted tan. I don''t like the black. They are really cheap.

bownine.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
These are nice too. From zappos, but the 3'' 1/4 inch and they only have 6.5, but maybe someone on this site would like them...

stewertfin.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
In case, you can''t tell, I LOVE the bows. However, maybe with the bow on my dress it would be TOO many bows. Which is another reason why those CL of Meresal''s are perfect. They are the perfect compromise between a bow, and not a bow
6.gif
6.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok ally... I am determined to help you find a new shoe
4.gif
. It literally hurts to hear you like this!!

I LOVE these... they do have a bow (which I think will look great with your dress), but it's minimal, and I just adore the hidden bling on the inside of the loops!!
http://www.vivaladiva.com/productcache/VLD/BO2033/AR658ID.html
(small disclaimer: I can't tell if they ship to the US)

ETA: They don't deliver to anywhere outside UK. However, it says that "If this is a probelm, please email us."?? Maybe it can be by-passed.)

bridalbournebarbara.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:24:52 AM
Author: allycat0303
My dress. I don''t think the shoes go with the dress. I think because of the black sole, or maybe because it''s too much for my dress.
Please don''t hate me... but I agree. The shoes are great, but they just do give out the soft/romantic feel that maskes your dress so gorgeous. I think it''s the shiny leather of the material.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Meresal: I agree with you about the shoes not going with the dress. They are great, but I bought them LOOONG before the dress. I always figured that no one sees the shoes, but yours have opened my eyes to a whole new WORLD! I love "we don''t ship to us ones." Oh my gosh, I realized you started a shoe thread. It''s like 1-800-find-weddingshoes. I love it.

Deelight: Oh those are pretty. But over budget I''m afraid. My gosh these things are dreadfully expensive.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Meresol, you DO realize that all of us are going to be comparing our ordinary wedding shoes to your holy grail shoes, do you not? After seeing those stunning CL shoes, our shoes, no matter how nice, now feel like ugly ducklings.
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 10:35:05 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
Meresol, you DO realize that all of us are going to be comparing our ordinary wedding shoes to your holy grail shoes, do you not? After seeing those stunning CL shoes, our shoes, no matter how nice, now feel like ugly ducklings.
9.gif
Not me, because I am getting CLs even if I have to use blackmail
27.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:22:56 AM
Author:allycat0303
Background: I''ve had these shoes for 5 years (I KNOW! Can you imagine having shoes for FIVE years, and thinking of wearing them for your wedding).

I can top that! I''m wearing my prom shoes for my wedding in May. Prom was in May 2000...almost exactly NINE years ago! They''re classic silver strappy sandals, not much of a heel (FI is only 3" taller than me and insists on remaining so), and I love a bargain just as much as I love getting new shoes.

Anyway, now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 10:35:05 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
9.gif
Not entirely true. I have around 4 pairs of possible wedding shoes and while Meresal''s are beautiful, they wouldn''t go with my ensemble, and they aren''t quirky enough for me in general.

Now I''ll be honest and say that I would love to have them for the honeymoon...
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 9:21:23 AM
Author: meresal
Date: 3/20/2009 8:24:52 AM
My dress. I don't think the shoes go with the dress. I think because of the black sole, or maybe because it's too much for my dress.
Please don't hate me... but I agree. The shoes are great, but they just do give out the soft/romantic feel that maskes your dress so gorgeous. I think it's the shiny leather of the material.
I'm with both of you on this. I think you should wear them to the rehearsal dinner or some other event so they don't go completely unused, (what brand are they anyway?) and get another pair for your dress. I think they need to be softer and more feminine too...

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:31:24 AM
I found this on zappos, I would have the sole painted tan. I don''t like the black. They are really cheap.

I like these with your dress best, of the options so far. I also think the shoes you have are mismatched with your dress. What a beautiful dress, though!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say that your dress is UNBELIEVABLY FABULOUS and deserves AH-MAZING shoes. Think you''re right that the 5 yr "something old" (LOL) shoes aren''t "it". Wear ''em on the honeymoon with some white lacy unmentionables so you can get your $$ worth and keep on looking for new shoe Holy Grail-ness.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ally,

So funny... I looove bows on shoes, too. I am going to bed soon (long ER shift tomorrow eww), but I will start searching over the weekend. I think shoes make a lovely diversion for other more stressful things that are going on in real life!

(by the way, your dress is unbelievably stunning and romantic... you're going to be gorgeous!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Popping out of lurkdom to play! What about these? They have a 3 3/4" heel, and are $92.95! They come in white too, if these are too ivory to match your dress!
1.gif

NinaElectra.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love some of the ones that Deco has posted. Especially the ones with the jeweled detail on the vamp.
3.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
So many gorgeous shoes!

Just wanted to say that if anyone sees shoes in the UK that they love you can have them shipped to me and I will send them on
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumpity Bump ... Ally, checked back in yet??

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Deco,

I have indeed checked back. I worked the night shift, slept maybe 2 hours, and woke up looking at shoes. I''m hesitating between the badgley mischka that you found, and the one''s that Kerbear posted. The problem the Badgley Mischka''s is that when you try to select the color, there is none (and also for shipping to Canada).

Kerbear''s ship to Canada, and they are really cheap. I figure if I don`t like them, I could always wear them to rehersal dinner ya know? I also like the 4 inch (195$) ones, but I am classically not a pump girl, so I''m worried that I like those only in *theory* i.e on other people. I own one pair of pumps and have never worn them.

So still debating. My fiance thinks we''re all a little crazy (but cute).

Love you gals for the help!

Ally

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results