shape
carat
color
clarity

When you kind of like a diamond maybe you shouldn't...

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The other day I picked up this stone. I am still obsessing about it trying to figure out why I like it so much. I am drawn to the movement. While I know you can't explain my questionable taste in diamonds (and I wonder myself) is this a bad cut and I am deluded? The color and imperfections are okay with me because I have a few labs and miss the imperfections and color on natural diamonds. I also love the strong blue fluorescence. PS, promise my feelings won't get hurt, I am honestly stumped why I am drawn to this diamond.
@Karl_K

:D Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 115529 save.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good question for @Karl_K ...

I looked at it ignoring the color and clarity and I dont think it is a stone I would have recommended for its light return...but
Karl is the expert so I go with whatever he says!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo I am far from knowledgeable about emerald cuts but know I don’t like tinted for step cuts nor do I like visible inclusions. I see both in this stone. But that’s my personal preference only

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The Cabbage Patch effect :D.
I can always return it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day I picked up this stone. I am still obsessing about it trying to figure out why I like it so much. I am drawn to the movement. While I know you can't explain my questionable taste in diamonds (and I wonder myself) is this a bad cut and I am deluded? The color and imperfections are okay with me because I have a few labs and miss the imperfections and color on natural diamonds. I also love the strong blue fluorescence. PS, promise my feelings won't get hurt, I am honestly stumped why I am drawn to this diamond.
@Karl_K

:D Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 115529 save.png

That's the important part! It doesn't matter what anyone else things -- YOU like it! I've got plenty of stones that other people wouldn't have chosen... but they're MINE and I enjoy them.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A lot of what looks like light return while its spinning fast is actually the grey background seen thru the stone.
Its going to be major bleh in person.
table 70 with depth of 71 has no chance.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am drawn to the movement

Maybe
I think someone experienced enough to say/label the ‘flavor’ the light return/performance this stone has
Might answer your curiosity.

Similar as pointing out a white light return vs colored light return in a round brilliant. Different flavor.

It will be interesting to hear what you see/think of it in person - compared to the listing visuals. Hope you share what you think.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is a good question for @Karl_K ...

I looked at it ignoring the color and clarity and I dont think it is a stone I would have recommended for its light return...but
Karl is the expert so I go with whatever he says!
Thanks for weighing in. I appreciate your thoughts on it.

@MMtwo I am far from knowledgeable about emerald cuts but know I don’t like tinted for step cuts nor do I like visible inclusions. I see both in this stone. But that’s my personal preference only
Thank you, dear Missy. I appreciate your thoughts. This is most definitely not a usual PS quality stone.

That's the important part! It doesn't matter what anyone else things -- YOU like it! I've got plenty of stones that other people wouldn't have chosen... but they're MINE and I enjoy them.
True, and I am still open to what it does when it gets here. If I like it I like it. I am trying to figure out my mild obsession with this stone.

A lot of what looks like light return while its spinning fast is actually the grey background seen thru the stone.
Its going to be major bleh in person.
table 70 with depth of 71 has no chance.

Thanks so much for looking, Karl. I appreciate your assessment of the stone. Maybe the spell will break when I see it in person.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Maybe
I think someone experienced enough to say/label the ‘flavor’ the light return/performance this stone has
Might answer your curiosity.

Similar as pointing out a white light return vs colored light return in a round brilliant. Different flavor.

It will be interesting to hear what you see/think of it in person - compared to the listing visuals. Hope you share what you think.

Very good point you have here. Maybe I like something that is not the usual light return. I will return with my thoughts. Even if not a fine example, if I still find it interesting, I will be happy.

If it's meh in person, I will return and save my money :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I tend not to ask for opinions...they can be a curse as well as a blessing! A stone may not have great light return but
maybe you like it for other reasons. Maybe the tint reminds you of an antique stone. Maybe the freckles remind you of life in
general...stones can evoke different feelings from different people and who am I to say what you should like or not like?

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox and quit stating the obvious!:D

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is why I tend not to ask for opinions...they can be a curse as well as a blessing! A stone may not have great light return but
maybe you like it for other reasons. Maybe the tint reminds you of an antique stone. Maybe the freckles remind you of life in
general...stones can evoke different feelings from different people and who am I to say what you should like or not like?

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox and quit stating the obvious!:D

:) you are a dear. I appreciate the support. We'll have to just see what happens!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It is here. I am charmed. I am comparing it to a D 1.41 lab from idj.

This stone is still interesting to me. It looks super deep (and is). Posting pics here. 1000003061.jpg 20240229_110150.jpg 1000003071.jpg 1000003067.jpg

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
That direct sunlight view is so cool.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone, love the color! Lower colors are so fun to play with. Do you have a plan for it?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! With stones we pick what we like even if it is not considered trade ideal. Some people like rubies with stronger purple tones, some people like sleepy sapphires or spinels. Back in the day many people had their antique diamonds re-cut because they weren't considered desirable. It's wonderful that your diamond arrived and your eyes confirmed that there is just something about it that makes it so charming.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I like it! With stones we pick what we like even if it is not considered trade ideal. Some people like rubies with stronger purple tones, some people like sleepy sapphires or spinels. Back in the day many people had their antique diamonds re-cut because they weren't considered desirable. It's wonderful that your diamond arrived and your eyes confirmed that there is just something about it that makes it so charming.

Lisa, thank you so much. I appreciate you and others who reminded me that it is okay to like what I like.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is okay to like what I like

Yes! That stone is a beauty!
Don't follow the masses. March to your own drummer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results