shape
carat
color
clarity

When you don't have to choose between Ginger and Mary Ann :)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
gingermaryanne1.jpg
Wait a minute, no, no, not these two (though who doesn't love these two)?

Some of you might not know who they are (if you're interested check out Gilligan's Island).
Ginger was the movie star...cast as a Marilyn Monroe type.
Mary Ann was the quintessential girl next door.

Passion plus wholesomeness - the complete package.

Speaking of complete package here are the Mary Ann and Ginger I am speaking about.
But first, a poem.

Oooh UPS just arrived with some holiday cheer.
Wrapped within a box and a box and a box so dear.
I ask my hubby to do the honors since this is his forte.
Making me happy is his wish each and every day.
He always succeeds beyond my wildest dreams.

He is my most cherished gift, we are a great team.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.02.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.08.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.07.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.10.48 AM.png

Oliver is licking his mouth so yummy I think this is food for me he is thinking yummmmmmm
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.11.05 AM.png

Wait, this doesn't look like food, hmmmm
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.09.38 AM.png

Darn, another sparkly thing for mommy! Daddy spoils her. Maybe there's food in this bag for me, let me look.
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.09.56 AM.png

Being held by Greg.

maryannandgingerandgreg.png

In front of our tree which is still up.
They have soft pastel colors and are very glowy.

maryannandgingerinfrontofourtree.png

I am having trouble capturing their beauty in photos. I have been spoiled by Bubbalah who is as easy as pie to photograph. She doesn't take a bad photo.

Mary Ann in the car.

maryannonmyearinthecar.png

Mary Ann outside.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 6.54.33 AM.png

(my ears turn red in the cold).

Ginger in the kitchen.
Getting a left ear selfie is the most challenging of selfies lol.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 6.51.59 AM.png

Perspective shot.

maryannperspectiveshotoutside.png

Profile shot.

profileofstuds.png

As with all things old cut they are little chameleons changing in each environment. I am getting to know their personalities.

Their stats:

4.52CTW EDWARDIAN OLD EUROPEAN DIAMOND EARRINGS, GIA K VVS2

Wow! Love them! Congrats, @missy !

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Goodness. :love:

They were meant for you :love:

I’m with Greg - stud earrings suit you marvellously! And these particular studs are absolutely exquisite. Stunner stones, an astonishingly well-matched pair, original mounts - I’m so glad you’ll be keeping those beautiful mounts even if you do reset!! I know that studs haven’t been your preference in the past but that perspective pic is everything good that sparkles :bigsmile: :appl: :love:

Happy 2021!!!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
How gorgeous! And the perfect size!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
gingermaryanne1.jpg

Some of you might not know who they are (if you're interested check out Gilligan's Island).

Speaking of complete package here are the Mary Ann and Ginger I am speaking about.
But first, a poem.

Oliver is licking his mouth so yummy I think this is food for me he is thinking yummmmmmm

Darn, another sparkly thing for mommy! Daddy spoils her. Maybe there's food in this bag for me, let me look.

Being held by Greg.

I am having trouble capturing their beauty in photos. I have been spoiled by Bubbalah who is as easy as pie to photograph. She doesn't take a bad photo.

Mary Ann in the car.

Mary Ann outside.

Ginger in the kitchen.

Perspective shot.

Profile shot.

profileofstuds.png

As with all things old cut they are little chameleons changing in each environment. I am getting to know their personalities.

Their stats:

Absolutely gorgeous, @missy !!! Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH, just WOAH, those are some mighty gorgeous earrings Missy! They look simply fabulous on you but I understand the want/need for drops. They compliment Bubulah so well. Your hubby is the best!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
gingermaryanne1.jpg

But first, a poem.

Being held by Greg.

Mary Ann in the car.

Mary Ann outside.

Ginger in the kitchen.

Perspective shot.

Profile shot.

profileofstuds.png

Their stats:

Oh missy they are beautiful

Does this make Greg Skipper ?

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. They are beautiful.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
50305504-4A7F-4385-8960-751E7290C78F.gif

They are absolute perfection! :kiss2: I love the faceting on them and the settings are devine. What a great way to ring in the new year!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't think of any new words to describe these that haven't already been said! But I think they are fabulous and look outstanding on you as studs! I wouldn't change them...they are the perfect size and will compliment Bubbalah so well! I felt like you'd end up with studs or the slight drops, because that sounded like the only thing you really wanted! I am so glad you didn't settle for something less spectacular!

I may have missed it, but where did you find them?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
O. M. G. They are absolutely stunning!
Happy New Year to you and Greg!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Stunning beyond belief, and the size look fantastic on you! @missy your collection is one of my favorites!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Simply breathtaking! Wow

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So Beautiful, Missy! Enjoy them.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! #JOTW
They look beautiful on you Missy! May they bring you joy as they reflect the love around you <3

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Missy they are beautiful!! They just look perfect on you. Truly, truly, I am so happy for you! I described the earrings to my husband and we just poured over the pictures together. He thinks they are very beautiful as well.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Just, wow! I am speechless! I’m so happy for you! Surprised to see you in studs, but these are divine, beyond amazing, and look PERFECT on you! Happy new year, enjoy them in good health!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O M G! They are magnificent! And they look marvellous on you @missy!
Happy New Year - what a great sparkly way to start it.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, Missy, they are spectacular! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mary Ann and Ginger are amazing glitterballs on your earlobes! :sun:

What a great way to begin the New Year, @missy ! :appl:

Thank you @m-2-b! Hope you are doing well and happy New Year to you and your sweet family.

Those are beautiful! I love them as studs. If you already have a lot of dangly earrings you might enjoy studs for a change. I hope so!

Thanks @Patty! You seem to be among the majority including my DH with thinking studs are the way to go for me and I do have way too many dangles. I agree I am enjoying them for a change indeed. But it's driving me nuts lol because I cannot put them on without touching the diamond with my fingers. I am not so dextrous as to be able to put them on and take them off without getting my fingers on the diamond itself. LOL.

@missy those are drop dead gorgeous and look just perfect on you! Happy New Year, and may they bring health, peace and happiness to their new owner (and her much loved husband)! Congrats!

Aww thank you so much @finerthings! Your kind compliments and good wishes are greatly appreciated!

Oh these are so gorgeous! Absolutely stunning earrings for a beautiful young lady! And your husband is perfect too. You guys seem super sweet together!

I didn't care much for studs up until a few years ago and now love them. Congratulations on these humongous earrings! I can't get over the sparkles and patterns (gah! OECs might now be on my wish list!).

What a great start to the New Year! Best wishes and I hope you and your husband have a healthy and wonderful 2021!

Haha thank you though young hasn't been used to describe me for ages :lol: but I appreciate your too generous comments @dizzyakira! And you give me hope. I think/hope I will grow to love wearing studs. In any case if I don't I can reset into those dream drops so I have options. And if OEC studs are on your wish list let me know and I am on the case for you! I can sniff out good OECs from miles away haha. Just call me an OEC bloodhound :) Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year too!

LOL I am not worthy! Thank you dear @maita13 :bigsmile:

Oh man! These are amazing!!!! I'm about to drop dead! Lol.

Noooo you cannot lol. Thank you for your lovely compliment and please stay alive and well. We need you here!

WoW!!!, Beautiful earrings . Happy New Year! :clap: :clap:

Thank you @Dancing Fire! Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family too! Please give your adorable grandkids big hugs from me.

Beautiful! Wear them in good health and happiness always! Happy New Year @missy and Greg!!

Thank you sweet @kayla17! Much appreciated and sending you all the best too for a good New Year!

Love love love! Loved these when I saw Grace post them! Wear them in good health! Happy new year!

Thank you! Yes, when Grace posted them (and I was stalking her site for literally months and months and months) I almost fainted. I knew these were TDF diamonds. But I tried forgetting about them as they were above what I wanted to spend. Of course I couldn't stop thinking about them and each day when I went to check on them on her site I was holding my breath they were still there. And then I realized I would be heartbroken if they sold to someone else and I knew. I was a goner. Budget smashed. LOL. Happy New Year to you too!

Am I the only one who is dying to see them with Bubbalah?? Pretty please! With a cherry on top?

Dear @nala I promise I will take a photo of them with Bubbalah! I am sorry I have been remiss in taking photos. For two reasons. One, Bubbalah spoiled me as she cannot seem to take a bad photo. It's easy as pie photographing Bubbalah. And second of all I have been not in the diamond photographing mood. I was just discussing this with Greg. I am usually over the moon excited when I get a bling purchase. No matter how small (or big as the case may be LOL) but with all that is happening I guess my energy and enthusiasm is somewhat dampened despite all the compartmentalizing I am doing. But I promise you yes, I will take more photos and Bubbalah will be joining Mary Ann and Ginger very soon. LOL. Oh and the rain and dreary dark skies also make taking photos more challenging so there's that. But I never break a promise so watch this space.

Gorgeous, perfect, breathtaking!! You totally deserve them!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Aww thank you and right back at ya! You and all the wonderful PSers deserve all your blingy dreams to continue coming true. You are a sweetheart and I appreciate your kind and lovely comments.

Happy New Year Missy!
So much to love about this thread!

The title is the best, love it!
The family gathered to help unwrap :kiss2: If my DH started to unwrap my package I’d be tackling him to the floor...mine!:lol-2:

Glorious earrings! Absolutely knockouts! May they bring you much sparkle and joy!

Thank you dear @Bonfire! Haha yes. I told Greg please open them because I might faint haha. And this way I got to videotape him opening them and enjoyed it more watching then doing in this case. Thank you for your good wishes and wishing you much sparkle and joy too!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my. There are no words. Those facets, the settings, the SIZE, they way they sit on your ear...just :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:!!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy they look amazing on you, honestly especially as studs. Where have they been all your life. There is no question. They look stunning and spectacular. Argh!!! Am I gonna switch direction. Now I want huge studs!!!

Back to Ginger and Maryanne, seriously I hope you try them for a long while. They are killer. Please feel free to post random shots anywhere at any time of day. I am dying.

Dear @LLJsmom thank you! You are not only a dear friend you are a fellow bling lover and enthusiast and I love chatting with you about bling and everything else under the sun. Thank you for your unwavering support and enthusiasm and friendship. And girl, we are going to get you HUGE beautiful bright OEC studs. Mark my word. Not today, not tomorrow (there are other bigger projects happening at the moment hahha) but yes one day and it is going to be SPECTACULAR on you. In the meantime I will do my part to share my OEC blingy joy with you and everyone who wants to come along for the ride. :kiss:

Oh my god. Missy, you did so so so well!!!!
These could not be more perfect and look so beautiful especially on you!!! Enjoy every moment wearing those!!!

Thank you @Anne93! I appreciate that and you are so kind!

Wow, absolutely stunning! They look like treasures out of a fairytale ice palace, and just perfect on you missy. The magic of OECs never fails to amaze me.

Saw your recent posts so just want to send some hugs and new year's good luck your way. So happy that these help keep your spirits up, and wishing for better health to both you and Greg in the new year!

Aww thank you so much @goldnsilver! Your good wishes are greatly appreciated. Sending you all the best as well. As for the magic of OECs you are spot on...I love all diamonds but for me I will always have a special place in my heart for old cuts. They move me in a way no other diamond can.

Wow @missy,they are spectacular! I have been waiting for you to post on the search process on your OEC studs, Amazing, congrats! They are a perfect match with Bubbulah.

Thank you @jaysonsmom! If/when I reset Bubbalah they really will be the perfect (purrrrrfect) match. But even with her halo I agree they look quite lovely together. Thank you for sharing my excitement.

Nothing short of spectacular :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

love them and you and your cute hubby...so sweet!:love:

Thank you dear @Mayk. And hugs to you and your wonderful family. XO.

Oh. My. Goodness.
THUD!

What happened...???

Thank you @Begonia!
If you mean why did I choose studs it's because when I saw these diamonds I couldn't say no. And that was before I realized the settings were original and stunning to boot. I mean when lightning strikes what can one do? I am made of flesh and blood and can resist for only so long haha.

Now that I've come to...

Gonna need about 10000 more pictures.

Haha OK I will try. See my explanation to @nala above. :)

Well done! Congrats on those beautiful girls. They look amazing in you ears. Gorgeous settings too.

Thank you @aac2013!

Beautiful! They look stunning on you Missy!!!

Thank you so much @tyty333!

What perfect dots to end 2020 emphatically. Happy New Year, they are gorgeous

Thank you. I love your description. And yes. I emphatically agree :)

Goodness, those are beautiful!

Thank you @BrownGinger!

They look gorgeous on you!!!

Thank you @purplesilk!

Omg @missy so glad you found your dream studs! They are INCREDIBLE <3 and look just marvelous on!

Aww thank you @Cerulean! It is really difficult to get a clear photo of them on my ears. I feel like I have not done them justice at all. Even the photos of them off my ear. I cannot capture their beauty but I will try again.

O M G! They are magnificent! And they look marvellous on you @missy!
Happy New Year - what a great sparkly way to start it.

Thank you @foxinsox! Wishing you a sparkly New Year too.

Wow, Missy, they are spectacular! :kiss2:

Thank you @diamondhoarder!

Oh my. There are no words. Those facets, the settings, the SIZE, they way they sit on your ear...just :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:!!!!!!!!

Thank you @Dandi!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Goodness. :love:

They were meant for you :love:

I’m with Greg - stud earrings suit you marvellously! And these particular studs are absolutely exquisite. Stunner stones, an astonishingly well-matched pair, original mounts - I’m so glad you’ll be keeping those beautiful mounts even if you do reset!! I know that studs haven’t been your preference in the past but that perspective pic is everything good that sparkles :bigsmile: :appl: :love:

Happy 2021!!!

Thank you @yssie and thank you for confirming what I thought about them. Your taste is incredible and I appreciated you weighing in on them. Wishing you a happy 2021 too and sending you and your furry crew big hugs.

Wow! Love them! Congrats, @missy !

Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11!

How gorgeous! And the perfect size!

Thank you very much @winnietucker!

Absolutely gorgeous, @missy !!! Congratulations!

Thank you so much @Fabulous50!
By the way, I don't think I ever told you but I love your user name. A lot. :)

WOAH, just WOAH, those are some mighty gorgeous earrings Missy! They look simply fabulous on you but I understand the want/need for drops. They compliment Bubulah so well. Your hubby is the best!

Thank you @Catmom! I appreciate your generous comments. And I agree my DH is the best. He is the true rock star among any bling for sure. Thank you!

Oh missy they are beautiful

Does this make Greg Skipper ?

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds! Haha no I rather think Greg is more like The Professor. He is a professor in real life after all. :)

Congratulations. They are beautiful.

Thank you so much @HollyC.

50305504-4A7F-4385-8960-751E7290C78F.gif

They are absolute perfection! :kiss2: I love the faceting on them and the settings are devine. What a great way to ring in the new year!

Thank you dear @elle_71125!

I can't think of any new words to describe these that haven't already been said! But I think they are fabulous and look outstanding on you as studs! I wouldn't change them...they are the perfect size and will compliment Bubbalah so well! I felt like you'd end up with studs or the slight drops, because that sounded like the only thing you really wanted! I am so glad you didn't settle for something less spectacular!

I may have missed it, but where did you find them?

Dear @diamondseeker2006 thank you! Coming from you that means a lot. You have exquisite taste and you were so right. I didn't know what I wanted til I saw these but you knew haha. I got them from Grace. I reached out to other vendors but nothing came close to these. Thank you for your lovely comments!

O. M. G. They are absolutely stunning!
Happy New Year to you and Greg!

Thank you @Weecam! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

Stunning beyond belief, and the size look fantastic on you! @missy your collection is one of my favorites!

Aww @Chasiu thank you! That is very kind of you to say! I hope we can meet again at another antique jewelry show soon. Grace told me, as of now, she was planning on coming to the JAWS in the city in July. IIRC. Of course I have no more bling budget for a long time lol but Grace seemed confident I'd be able to replenish soon lol. I am not so sure but I digress. Would love it if there was a show in the summer and it would be so much fun to meet there again.

Simply breathtaking! Wow

Thank you @Mrs_Strizzle!

So Beautiful, Missy! Enjoy them.

Thank you @DAF!

Gorgeous! #JOTW
They look beautiful on you Missy! May they bring you joy as they reflect the love around you <3

Dear @PreRaphaelite thank you for your sweet sweet words. Wishing you all the best in 2021 and thank you for being a wonderful part of PS. XO.

Oh Missy they are beautiful!! They just look perfect on you. Truly, truly, I am so happy for you! I described the earrings to my husband and we just poured over the pictures together. He thinks they are very beautiful as well.

Thank you dear @OdetteOdile. I really appreciate your kind and generous comments. Please thank your DH from me as well.

Just, wow! I am speechless! I’m so happy for you! Surprised to see you in studs, but these are divine, beyond amazing, and look PERFECT on you! Happy new year, enjoy them in good health!

Thank you @123ducklings! Me too lol. I kept vacillating thinking no studs for me. But in the end it wasn't about the studs so much as it was all about the diamonds. These diamonds are amazing and honestly would look gorgeous as rings as well. Or as a 3 stone lol. But not for me as I am not a 3 stone girl. But these are ring quality diamonds for sure. Thank you for your good wishes and sending many good wishes your way too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It occurs to me I didn't share the "glamour" shots from Grace so let me do that to hold you all over until I get some more photos to share with all of you.

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStuds.jpg

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStudsprofile.jpg

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStudsbackofearrings.jpg

4.52onmodel.jpg

Thank you everyone who commented or let me know they were enjoying my journey and the OEC studs. I promise will take more photos as the mood strikes and will share here. I appreciate all your kind comments. Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @yssie and thank you for confirming what I thought about them. Your taste is incredible and I appreciated you weighing in on them. Wishing you a happy 2021 too and sending you and your furry crew big hugs.

Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11!

Thank you very much @winnietucker!

Thank you so much @Fabulous50!
By the way, I don't think I ever told you but I love your user name. A lot. :)

Thank you @Catmom! I appreciate your generous comments. And I agree my DH is the best. He is the true rock star among any bling for sure. Thank you!

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds! Haha no I rather think Greg is more like The Professor. He is a professor in real life after all. :)

Thank you so much @HollyC.

Thank you dear @elle_71125!

Dear @diamondseeker2006 thank you! Coming from you that means a lot. You have exquisite taste and you were so right. I didn't know what I wanted til I saw these but you knew haha. I got them from Grace. I reached out to other vendors but nothing came close to these. Thank you for your lovely comments!

Thank you @Weecam! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

Aww @Chasiu thank you! That is very kind of you to say! I hope we can meet again at another antique jewelry show soon. Grace told me, as of now, she was planning on coming to the JAWS in the city in July. IIRC. Of course I have no more bling budget for a long time lol but Grace seemed confident I'd be able to replenish soon lol. I am not so sure but I digress. Would love it if there was a show in the summer and it would be so much fun to meet there again.

Thank you @Mrs_Strizzle!

Thank you @DAF!

Dear @PreRaphaelite thank you for your sweet sweet words. Wishing you all the best in 2021 and thank you for being a wonderful part of PS. XO.

Thank you dear @OdetteOdile. I really appreciate your kind and generous comments. Please thank your DH from me as well.

Thank you @123ducklings! Me too lol. I kept vacillating thinking no studs for me. But in the end it wasn't about the studs so much as it was all about the diamonds. These diamonds are amazing and honestly would look gorgeous as rings as well. Or as a 3 stone lol. But not for me as I am not a 3 stone girl. But these are ring quality diamonds for sure. Thank you for your good wishes and sending many good wishes your way too!

Thank you!! And I just want to say, I am so happy you found these studs, they were clearly "meant" for you and came along at the right time. :wavey:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous, exquisite ear rings. They look fabulous on you Missy.
Happy New Year to you and Greg and your furry babies too :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I can’t tell you how happy I am that you found these delicious earrings...They are so perfect for you! I love them!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I always use a tissue or a clean cloth when I put on or take off my studs. I use a lot of lotion and hand cream so my bare fingers never touch the diamonds!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I always use a tissue or a clean cloth when I put on or take off my studs. I use a lot of lotion and hand cream so my bare fingers never touch the diamonds!

Thanks! That’s a great suggestion. I’m so not coordinated though. I have trouble with posts and earrings. Another reason I prefer dangles as it’s generally easier to put in my ears. I will try with the cloth but I don’t know I’ll be able to do it without dropping the post and earrings lol.

@missy I can’t tell you how happy I am that you found these delicious earrings...They are so perfect for you! I love them!

Aww thanks Joanne.
And I, for you, sweet friend ❤️

Absolutely gorgeous, exquisite ear rings. They look fabulous on you Missy.
Happy New Year to you and Greg and your furry babies too :love:

Thanks so much. And wishing you and your family a happy New Year too. :wavey:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, just wow! I am speechless at the beauty of your earrings, @missy. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
They look great on you. And you needn’t worry about touching the diamonds as you put the earrings on - nothing can dim their sparkle.
Enjoy your new gift, and have a happy new year.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results