shape
carat
color
clarity

When do you plan on having kids... if at all?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes, you aren't given the chance/choice to have your own kids. My first husband couldn't have children, due to internal congenital birth defects, and we didn't know it until we had been married over 7 years. He didn't want to adopt and that was part of the reason why we divorced...among many other reasons. I married this guy at 24.

I married my DH at 35 and we TTC right away. This time, it was me who was unable to have children and I didn't know it until a while later. My uterus was full of fibroids and my right ovary had a large cyst on it and I had to have a total/complete hysterectomy a few years later. Also, I was diagnosed with SLE Lupus and my health has gone totally downhill since then.

Adoption is out of the question since I'm home on a disability retirement and can hardly take care of myself, much less a precious little kid.

Lori

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
FI and I are ready to have kids, like, yesterday. LOL. We've been together for almost 5 years, and when we get married next Fall, he will be 32 and I will be 31. We don't plan on waiting at all - I'm excited about maybe having a honeymoon baby if we're lucky! I'm getting my PhD and we're getting married in the Fall of my last year. Ideally, we'd like to have our first child in the break between when I finish the program and start my first professor job, so a honeymoon baby (or shortly thereafter) would be ideal. We've always known we wanted kids, and I totally agree that the biological clock ticks louder and louder as time goes on!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wwmd8118|1307844781|2943733 said:
FI and I are ready to have kids, like, yesterday. LOL. We've been together for almost 5 years, and when we get married next Fall, he will be 32 and I will be 31. We don't plan on waiting at all - I'm excited about maybe having a honeymoon baby if we're lucky! I'm getting my PhD and we're getting married in the Fall of my last year. Ideally, we'd like to have our first child in the break between when I finish the program and start my first professor job, so a honeymoon baby (or shortly thereafter) would be ideal. We've always known we wanted kids, and I totally agree that the biological clock ticks louder and louder as time goes on!

so happy that you and the FI are on the same page and ready to go!! I hope you get your honeymoon baby :naughty:

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Hehe thanks AB...it's crazy when it actually starts to become real that that could happen in the near future (well, still not till next Fall, but still...)! :o

amc80

Ideal_Rock
wwmd8118|1307844781|2943733 said:

Ditto. I've been ready for like 5 years, and my fiance got on board about 6 months ago. We will both be 31 and know we aren't getting younger. He's so cute, he will point out cute babies and stuff all the time. Awwww.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results