shape
carat
color
clarity

Whatya think? Is it a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this little beauty on Ebay after 34 bids. It is a 3.50 ct Aquamarine in a 14kwg vintage reproduction setting. According to the sellers pictures, it appeared the faceting looked like OEC faceting. I actually see a star cut........but I love it just the same because it is so unique!! BTW, I am quite certain it is an Aquamarine, but what inclusions do I need to look for verifying that it is indeed. It reminds me a little bit of a Blue Topaz. Not that I don''t like Blue Topaz, but Aqua is my son''s birthstone and it this stone reminds me of my son''s gorgeous blue eyes!!
21.gif

I did loupe it and it has a few little pinpoint crystal inclusions and lines in it. Also the girdle looks a little rough.... but other than that, it is a gorgeous, very clean and beautifully cut stone!!

DSCF7148.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF7147.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile:

DSCF7151.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don''t want it anymore, I''d be more than happy to give it a good home.
11.gif

Seriously, I like the colour and setting.
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF7155.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! Chrono........ I will post a link to the seller. He had another auction end the other day with a very similiar type setting/ Aqua....................and the person who won it got an even better deal than I did although my stone is bigger and I think my setting is prettier!!
2.gif

DSCF7165.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF7166.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incandescent light

DSCF7169.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF7170.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunbeam
1.gif

DSCF7187.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF7188.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little fire. This stone has amazining fire too it! It was so hard to capture!!

DSCF7197.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one... Carpet Rainbow...
3.gif

DSCF7205.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''d give it a good home too! Wow. How do you guys find these ebay deals? What do you search on? I''d think the possibilities would be endless.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a keeper. It looks fabulous!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous colour Aqua and I adore the star pattern. Lucky you - great find!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hello CCN,

Nice ring. As to the differnce between aqua and topaz. A gemologist should be able to tell you what it is. Aqua is a beryl with a RI of 1.577- 1.583 and topaz is 1.619 -1.627. Also topaz is more dense so a 3 ct topaz will look just about the same size as a 2 ct aqua

Looks like a keeper from my side of the computer moniter.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 12:29:05 PM
Author: colormyworld
Hello CCN,

Nice ring. As to the differnce between aqua and topaz. A gemologist should be able to tell you what it is. Aqua is a beryl with a RI of 1.577- 1.583 and topaz is 1.619 -1.627. Also topaz is more dense so a 3 ct topaz will look just about the same size as a 2 ct aqua

Looks like a keeper from my side of the computer moniter.
Very beautiful, and CMW is correct. You can take it to any competent gemologist who can easily identify this from a blue topaz in a short amount of time. I bought a deep blue aqua at a gemshow, and it took the gemologist that was residing there. He had all his tools of the trade with him, and it took him about five minutes to determine that my stone was in fact a true aquamarine.

Congratulations on your awesome ebay find!!

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It glows in that setting!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Score!!
36.gif
I love it! Your photos are great--it is a stunning ring!

CMW is correct--it's a simple ID that can be done by testing the RI. Also, you might want to look for 2 and 3 phase inclusions. 2 and 3 phase can be combinations of solid, liquid, and gas. My aqua has a 3 phase which can be seen with a loupe, but your stone is really clean, so it would probably be easier to id inclusions with a microscope.

Or just wear it and enjoy--'cause it's gorgeous! Love the cut on that stone!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks All! CMW you and I have talked and I have yet to find a gemologist in my area. I will have to do a search online to see if there are any. I think it is a keeper........but I have to admit, I would be pretty unhappy if I found out it was a Blue Topaz as I did not bid on a BT!!

Coati, I remember those "KEWL" inclusions in your aqua!
36.gif
Doesn''t it sound funny to say that your aqua has gas!!!
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:36:19 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Coati, I remember those 'KEWL' inclusions in your aqua!
36.gif
Doesn't it sound funny to say that your aqua has gas!!!
9.gif

haha! *ahem* I prefer "3 phase" to "GASSY" hahaha!
9.gif

oh, and what area are you in--generally--we could help you find a gemologist or gem show.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
By the pic that looks to be a VERY nice aqua. Please try and have a G.G. check to be sure.

I am still waiting to see what you do with those pinks. No rush just curious

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi cushioncutnut - I''m keeping my fingers crossed about your aqua, because if it is, the color is unbelievable!! That''s a beautiful, extraordinary ring, and I love all the intricate detail. Great find!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:25:49 PM
Author: cellentani
Hi cushioncutnut - I''m keeping my fingers crossed about your aqua, because if it is, the color is unbelievable!! That''s a beautiful, extraordinary ring, and I love all the intricate detail. Great find!

I don''t know if I would go so far as to say it is " unbelievble ". I have seen aquas that color before. A few even slightly darker. Heck I have one very similar. It is not your typical aqua saturation and tone. As such it is rarer.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ronda, it''s absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it no matter what it is. I do hope you can find a gemologist to confirm though.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 1:38:06 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 2/4/2009 1:36:19 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Coati, I remember those ''KEWL'' inclusions in your aqua!
36.gif
Doesn''t it sound funny to say that your aqua has gas!!!
9.gif

haha! *ahem* I prefer ''3 phase'' to ''GASSY'' hahaha!
9.gif

oh, and what area are you in--generally--we could help you find a gemologist or gem show.
Heheheeh! Then "3 Phase" it is!! That would be great! I live in the Dayton, OHIO area. Not far from Cincinnati!
21.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 2:35:07 PM
Author: colormyworld

Date: 2/4/2009 2:25:49 PM
Author: cellentani

I don''t know if I would go so far as to say it is '' unbelievble ''. I have seen aquas that color before. A few even slightly darker. Heck I have one very similar. It is not your typical aqua saturation and tone. As such it is rarer.

Aw come on CMW.... don''t burst my bubble!! Kidding! I should send you my gemstones so that you can give me a real perspective on them. I consider you my gemstone GURU! Seriously, you have taught me so much!

As far as my little pink spinels that you sent me (GORGEOUS!), I will either do a pair of earrings or I was possibly thinking of setting them on the sides of my rainbow moonstone as a three stone ring. Not sure if it would be too "fru-fru" or not! Those spinels need to be adorned. They really are just the prettiest electric pink!!
30.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one beautiful ring! I just love the style and the size is perfect.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results