shape
carat
color
clarity

Whatya think? Is it a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely a keeper!!!
30.gif
Love the stone, love the setting. Enjoy!!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:15:49 AM
Author:cushioncutnut
I got this little beauty on Ebay after 34 bids. It is a 3.50 ct Aquamarine in a 14kwg vintage reproduction setting. According to the sellers pictures, it appeared the faceting looked like OEC faceting. I actually see a star cut........but I love it just the same because it is so unique!! BTW, I am quite certain it is an Aquamarine, but what inclusions do I need to look for verifying that it is indeed. It reminds me a little bit of a Blue Topaz. Not that I don''t like Blue Topaz, but Aqua is my son''s birthstone and it this stone reminds me of my son''s gorgeous blue eyes!!
21.gif

I did loupe it and it has a few little pinpoint crystal inclusions and lines in it. Also the girdle looks a little rough.... but other than that, it is a gorgeous, very clean and beautifully cut stone!!

Cushioncutnut what an absolutely gorgeous ring. I actually think your stone looks more like a Portuguese cut stone than a OEC cut. The reason i feel this is because my sister has a 5+ carat aquamarine that has that same star in the stone, but nonetheless it is mesmerizing.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a fantastic find CCn - surely a keeper.
36.gif

May I ask, do you know how many mm is your stone?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s really pretty - I love that shade of blue! Keep it!
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 7:22:03 PM
Author: Rock Your Socks

Date: 2/4/2009 11:15:49 AM
Author:cushioncutnut
I got this little beauty on Ebay after 34 bids. It is a 3.50 ct Aquamarine in a 14kwg vintage reproduction setting. According to the sellers pictures, it appeared the faceting looked like OEC faceting. I actually see a star cut........but I love it just the same because it is so unique!! BTW, I am quite certain it is an Aquamarine, but what inclusions do I need to look for verifying that it is indeed. It reminds me a little bit of a Blue Topaz. Not that I don''t like Blue Topaz, but Aqua is my son''s birthstone and it this stone reminds me of my son''s gorgeous blue eyes!!
21.gif

I did loupe it and it has a few little pinpoint crystal inclusions and lines in it. Also the girdle looks a little rough.... but other than that, it is a gorgeous, very clean and beautifully cut stone!!

Cushioncutnut what an absolutely gorgeous ring. I actually think your stone looks more like a Portuguese cut stone than a OEC cut. The reason i feel this is because my sister has a 5+ carat aquamarine that has that same star in the stone, but nonetheless it is mesmerizing.

YOu may be right about that. I didn''t even think about it being a portugese cut..mostly because I have seen Oval shaped stones with that cut.
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 7:57:47 PM
Author: arjunajane
36.gif

I am guessing 8.5 mm?? I am going to take it to a jeweler this week and see if he can give me a little insight. I also want the prongs a little more rounded.

Thanks everyone! I definately think it is a keeper........but if I find out it is a BT..........this girl is NOT going to be happy.
7.gif
I really don''t think it is. I see slight shades of green.. unlike sky or light blue topaz. UGH, I hate that I am so pyranoid in thinking that this is too good to be true. It is not at all unrealistic that it is so. I have gotten many incredible deals on EBAY...and they all have been consistent to what I have purchased. ...o.k... I am rambling..........
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 9:26:59 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

36.gif

I am guessing 8.5 mm?? I am going to take it to a jeweler this week and see if he can give me a little insight. I also want the prongs a little more rounded.

5.gif

Thankyou CCN - the reason I ask is thats close to my new garnet, so I''m trying to gain perspective of "in person" proportions..
I have a feeling its gonna look like a real big deal on my short fingers - ah well, why not right!?

I''m sure its likely you have what you think you have - try not to sweat it, just visit the jeweller for peace of mind.
Once again, lovely find!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
CCN, that ring and aqua is gorgeous!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 10:28:04 AM

36.gif

5.gif

Thankyou CCN - the reason I ask is thats close to my new garnet, so I''m trying to gain perspective of ''in person'' proportions..
I have a feeling its gonna look like a real big deal on my short fingers - ah well, why not right!?

I''m sure its likely you have what you think you have - try not to sweat it, just visit the jeweller for peace of mind.
Once again, lovely find!
36.gif
That gorgeous garnet is something else!!! I can''t wait to see it done!!

I have some bad news about my jeweler... as I pulled into the parking lot of his work place, I got the eeriest feeling. When I walked up to his place of business, my heart dropped as there was a sign on the front door confirming the worst. The last time I saw him (over Christmas time) he was not feeling well. The sign on the door said that "the jewelry doctor" had died suddenly on Jan. 31st. I asked one of the local business ladies who just so happen to be walking in what had happened. She told me that he had been fighting a respiratory condition and then felt back pain. He went to the hospital to check it out and was diagnosed with cancer and died 2 days later. So sad........
39.gif

Arajune, you are right! maybe that is a sign that I just shouldn''t sweat it. Life really is too short!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 5:05:25 PM
Date: 2/5/2009 10:28:04 AM

36.gif

5.gif

Thankyou CCN - the reason I ask is thats close to my new garnet, so I''m trying to gain perspective of ''in person'' proportions..

Once again, lovely find!

36.gif

That gorgeous garnet is something else!!! I can''t wait to see it done!!

I have some bad news about my jeweler... as I pulled into the parking lot of his work place, I got the eeriest feeling. When I walked up to his place of business, my heart dropped as there was a sign on the front door confirming the worst. The last time I saw him (over Christmas time) he was not feeling well. The sign on the door said that ''the jewelry doctor'' had died suddenly on Jan. 31st. I asked one of the local business ladies who just so happen to be walking in what had happened. She told me that he had been fighting a respiratory condition and then felt back pain. He went to the hospital to check it out and was diagnosed with cancer and died 2 days later. So sad........
39.gif

Arajune, you are right! maybe that is a sign that I just shouldn''t sweat it. Life really is too short!

OMG. That''s so sad.
7.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, you lucky lady!
Wear it in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results