shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favourite Vintage ring style?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:13:09 AM
Author: arjunajane
Not to mention three stones - I like pretty much any vintage 3 stone I see lately (I'm sure plenty of that can be attributed to Ms. Coati)
2.gif

I thought the profile on this one was a knock-out - I love how the baskets look like crowns
30.gif

I LOVE this! Where you findy? I might reset my trannys in this--woot!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love the work and proportions of this ring. Would work well with a little oec I have coming my way.
27.gif
31.gif

ssvintagering1.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:12:28 AM
Author: MishB
I''m partial to 5 stones, this is my wedding ring, I don''t know it''s history, but another antique jewelry dealer told me it''s probably c. 1900-1910.

Oh how lovely!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring:

a cush 9e8b_1.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The symmetry of its design is very appealing to me!

a cush 9ed3_1.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The setting is platinum. The center stone is 3.28. So lovely!

a cush 9eb3_0.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying again on that last one. Isn't it perfect? Is there a particular name for this prong style?

aa cush 9eb3_1.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 5:32:04 AM

Date: 2/2/2009 4:47:47 AM
Author: Gypsy
There are QUITE a few of them, and this one is a reproduction but god it''s gorgeous.

Lady''s A''s Peridot. (Whatever happened to her anyway?).

Ring_7610.jpg

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-peridot-ring.70314/page-2

Whoa, thats a knock out Gypsy! Any idea where the setting is from?
I''m sorry, I don''t think I ''knew'' Lady A..
It was on the M. Khordipour website.
Link: http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/catalog.cfm?cat_id=1&start_row=37&ct_ge=null&ct_lt=null

LS

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:54:05 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Trying again on that last one. Isn''t it perfect? Is there a particular name for this prong style?

Tab? I love those prongs.

Also wanted to add that the entire Van Craeynest catalogue makes me swoon.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying again on that last one. Isn''t it perfect? Is there a particular name for this prong style?

I''m pretty sure I''ve heard them called ribbon prongs. I love that style too, just don''t have anything big enough to pull it off!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 1:43:38 PM
Author: coatimundi
I love the work and proportions of this ring. Would work well with a little oec I have coming my way.
27.gif
31.gif

Spill it!! When are you getting the stone? Any details on it?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 2:03:03 PM
Author: Addy

27.gif
31.gif

I'll spill it when I get it haha! It's under a carat.
17.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 2:08:40 PM
Date: 2/2/2009 2:03:03 PM

Author: Addy

27.gif
31.gif

I''ll spill it when I get it haha! It''s under a carat.
17.gif

That''s a start
1.gif
. I''ll look forward to the it''s PS debut.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love PP''s vatche setting, charmcity''s faye cullen ruby halo, and the VC #457 & 557
30.gif

this picture is courtesy of Angeline...

VC457Plat.jpg

Coati, you James Meyer bezel is beautiful too
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 2:50:22 PM
Author: akmiss
I love PP's vatche setting, charmcity's faye cullen ruby halo, and the VC #457 & 557
30.gif

this picture is courtesy of Angeline...

Coati, you James Meyer bezel is beautiful too
1.gif

ahhh! beautiful VC!
30.gif

Thanks akmiss!
1.gif

9.gif
--addy

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:36:33 PM

Date: 2/1/2009 9:13:09 AM
Not to mention three stones - I like pretty much any vintage 3 stone I see lately (I''m sure plenty of that can be attributed to Ms. Coati)
2.gif

I thought the profile on this one was a knock-out - I love how the baskets look like crowns
30.gif

I LOVE this! Where you findy? I might reset my trannys in this--woot!
Isn''t it awesome? Your 3 stone would be divine in this one lovey ...and ha ha I just said divine, lol..

here''s the linky http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/4/item/10-1-1834/

And here''s another three stone which is incredible -
http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/4/item/10-1-2098/
(sorry, can''t resize pics while at work)
7.gif

but I still like the first one better for your trannies.
Can''t wait to see your new pretty Coats!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the links AJ! They are both gorgeous--I agree with you about the first one for my stones.

(and, I can''t wait to show ya.
2.gif
31.gif
13.gif
)

9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:43:54 PM
Thanks for the links AJ! They are both gorgeous--I agree with you about the first one for my stones.

2.gif
31.gif
13.gif
)

9.gif
I can''t wait either!!!
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:52:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 2/2/2009 8:43:54 PM

2.gif
31.gif
13.gif
)

9.gif
I can''t wait either!!!
9.gif

35.gif

9.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread! I looooove all of the eye candy here!!

I am not fishing for compliments on this ring, but it belonged to my great grandmother, it was her e-ring. The original diamond is in a pendant that my mother wears and I had it set with a concave cut aqua last year. Well anyway, probably not the most appropriate thread to place this in, but I think it is a beautiful setting and would have probably picked it out for myself if I was looking for a vintage setting for a RHR.

Aqua.3.omie.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous Loves Vintage! I adore the way the diamonds wrap over on the profile - reminds me of this one:
Yep, I believe they are ribbon or tab prongs - was never a fan before, but they are growing on me very quickly.

Where are your pics from LV?

L emerald ring.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Coati, I also really like the N-S, E-W prongs on that ring you posted up the top - I think it would be very flattering on a >1ct oec..
31.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ll bite. I have folders and folders full of pics... hmmm, what to start with... OK. This is the very first ring that started my obsession with antique jewelry, probably about five years ago. I''d always liked the settings but I''d never realized that there was such a thing as an OEC, since most of the lovely settings I see at work are reset with cruddy RBs. I just thought I didn''t care for diamonds, just the settings
6.gif
so imagine my shock when I finally saw a gorgeous OEC. (This one, in fact.) It''s a bit over a carat, and it fit me exactly, and it looked amazing on my hand... absolutely beautiful and incredibly delicate. It was a freaking firecracker, and I was instantly in looooove. I visited this ring in it''s showcase for almost a year until it sold. After seeing it I desperately desired a 1ct-ish OEC in a fabulous delicate filigree platinum setting. Never thought I''d ever own one though- this one was priced in the (near) neighborhood of what I paid for my 3.55ct OEC *and* it''s setting! I had no clue how overpriced it was...

Seeing it again after some years have passed, I realize that although the setting is cool, the way the stone is set definitely isn''t flattering to it. I still remember thinking that this was The Most Incredible Ring I''d Ever Seen, though. And I still really love the setting, even with the weird demi-bezel thing. The pics kinda suck. I wish I''d taken better ones when I could have.

jan27b4.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Another view.

jan27b3.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Last one of this ring

jan27b5.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I cannot tell you how many years I drooled over this piece... it may have been almost seven years before I finally bought it. It's got all sorts of things I adore: incredibly delicate millegrain (most modern isn't as fine as antique work), single cuts, and amazing, amazing workmanship... teensy delicate claw prongs, perfectly set melee, yum. I got it at work- I finally caved after I showed it to someone once and experienced physical pain at the thought of someone else owning it! It was expensive-ish for what it was, but the dealer is a sweetie and gave me a huge discount, and I had paid for it with earnings from my makeup website, so I felt justified! I reset it with an, um, non-diamond sparkly thing. The blue zircon is cool- it's transitional cut- but I am not a huge fan of teal on me, it goes with like nothing I own. So, I will probably put it in some other piece of jewelry some day, because it is a beautiful antique cut and has quite the pretty dispersion.

zirconpend4smxxxx.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:34:34 PM
Author: omieluv
What a great thread! I looooove all of the eye candy here!!

I am not fishing for compliments on this ring, but it belonged to my great grandmother, it was her e-ring. The original diamond is in a pendant that my mother wears and I had it set with a concave cut aqua last year. Well anyway, probably not the most appropriate thread to place this in, but I think it is a beautiful setting and would have probably picked it out for myself if I was looking for a vintage setting for a RHR.

Hi Omie, thanks for posting this pretty ring! Even if you're not after compliments, I think it looks fab.
I'm a fan of vintage things mixed with modern when does nicely, and I never would've thought to put a concave in a vintage setting - very nice, and a lovely way to honour your great g'ma.
5.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
An antique watch I had to have; my favorite of the collection of half a dozen or so I own... still keeps time just fine too, if you remember to wind it. Again, superfine millegrain, filigree, and beautiful engraving. And single cuts.

watch2xxxxx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Another view.

watch4xxxxxx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
A Singlestone piece. I lovelovelove square heads on round stones... since princess cuts were not yet in existence, this is I guess what the answer was for women who loved square rings (other than Asscher cuts I guess).

1.36_JVS22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results