shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite wine?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, "Available only when dining at breakfast." Guess they assume people won't take advantage of a good deal to get shnockered first thing in the morning.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, "Available only when dining at breakfast." Guess they assume people won't take advantage of a good deal to get shnockered first thing in the morning.

It WAS a great deal! I had a great day! lolol

cheers--Sharon

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
We live in Northern CA and are mainly red wine drinkers, but definitely partake in whites in the summer. I know it's blasphemous but we've gotten a little bored w/ CA and West Coast wines so we've been exploring European wines for the last year or so. It's been really fun getting to know wines from France, Italy, Germany and Spain.

A few of our favorites which we mainly purchase from Trader Joe's or Bevmo, and sometimes Whole Foods. We use the Our Groceries app and have a list dedicated to wines we like. It's so easy to keep track of the ones we enjoy and upload photos to the app. Then we just swipe it onto our list before we head to the store :)

We typically stay in the $15-20 price point for our "house" wines but there's some below that are under $10, typically those are from TJ's or when we pick up wine from Bevmo on the 5 cent sale.

Reds -
Chateau de Seguin Bordeaux - TJ's
Alamos Malbec - TJ's
Chateau Millard Bordeaux - Bevmo
Joseph Drouhin Bordeaux, Pinot - bought at a specialty wine store
Maison L'orre Bourgogne, Pinot - bought at a specialty wine store

Rose and White
Chateau de Campuget Rose - France - bought at a small local store
Kuentz-Bas, Pinot Blanc from Alsace France - Bevmo
Butter Chardonay - CA - TJ or WF - alas, a US wine! :)

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We live in Northern CA and are mainly red wine drinkers, but definitely partake in whites in the summer. I know it's blasphemous but we've gotten a little bored w/ CA and West Coast wines so we've been exploring European wines for the last year or so. It's been really fun getting to know wines from France, Italy, Germany and Spain.

A few of our favorites which we mainly purchase from Trader Joe's or Bevmo, and sometimes Whole Foods. We use the Our Groceries app and have a list dedicated to wines we like. It's so easy to keep track of the ones we enjoy and upload photos to the app. Then we just swipe it onto our list before we head to the store :)

We typically stay in the $15-20 price point for our "house" wines but there's some below that are under $10, typically those are from TJ's or when we pick up wine from Bevmo on the 5 cent sale.

Reds -
Chateau de Seguin Bordeaux - TJ's
Alamos Malbec - TJ's
Chateau Millard Bordeaux - Bevmo
Joseph Drouhin Bordeaux, Pinot - bought at a specialty wine store
Maison L'orre Bourgogne, Pinot - bought at a specialty wine store

Rose and White
Chateau de Campuget Rose - France - bought at a small local store
Kuentz-Bas, Pinot Blanc from Alsace France - Bevmo
Butter Chardonay - CA - TJ or WF - alas, a US wine! :)

I love the idea of tracking favorites in a shared app! (Why hadn't I thought of that? :lol:) I love seeing some TJ's suggestions; I really just go off of the pretty labels there since I'm not familiar with most of the producers.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just your weekly supply, eh DeeJay?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cheeky:

Certainly seems like that some weeks!

(But this was for a party... at least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:cheeky:

Certainly seems like that some weeks!

(But this was for a party... at least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

It's automatically a party when there's that much prosecco involved, regardless of whether there are any other attendees! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's automatically a party when there's that much prosecco involved, regardless of whether there are any other attendees! :lol:

I like your spirit Hayley!

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
Red. South African. Under $10.00 USD. Please. :lickout:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For an everyday (ish) white, I like Conundrum. For a nicer (pricier) red, since you're in CA, check out Rafanelli, as small family owned winery. I'm not the wine expert (that's hubby's bailiwick), but those are two good ones to try....
I've never met anyone else who drinks Conundrum, let alone has heard of it! I don't like 99% of white wines but this one I'll drink :clap:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never liked wine until I was introduced to an amazing bottle about 6 years ago, and since that time I've really explored my palette. Unfortunately it turns out that I have an expensive palette - lol! :lol:

We categorize our wine in to four categories: once a week (we only drink on weekends), once a month, once every six months, and once a year. Approximate price ranges are $20-35, $50ish, $100ish, and $175+

I'm actually going to be opening a "once a year" bottle tonight - 2009 Caymus Special Selection - as we just signed for our new home today and will be having dinner there tonight (on bare floors, no furniture or anything.... just the two of us with take-out food and an amazing bottle of wine :dance:).

If you'd like specific labels of what we like I'd be happy to share, but if it's more expensive than you want to go I totally understand! The way we look at it is that we would rather have good wine less often than wine we feel "meh" about every night.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I'd recommend downloading the Vivino app. It does two things in particular that I really love. First, you can snap a photo of a wine you're considering/about to drink and it will tell you what it's rated by other users, you can read their reviews, and you can rate/write your own review afterwards (which then is saved in your account for you to reference in the future). Second, it now is able to analyze a photo you take of the wine menu at a restaurant and it will look them ALL up at one time and give you their ratings beside each wine; you can then tap on them individually to read more about them. I just used this last night at a family birthday dinner and my wine choice was the hit of the night :mrgreen:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A to Z pinot grigio! my fav lately.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wonderful and perfect son will be 30 on 9/26 !!!! Hayley.. he's been married since March.. I think he lives and dies by brewsky :)

My husband and I are bad millenials, if the news and my social media feeds are to be believed ;-), in that we've spent our 20s scrimping and saving and getting married and buying a home and having kids rather than staying single and spending our income on travel and frequent dining out. Different strokes, yadda yadda. Even though we're very close to wine country in California, we've focused more on crafts beers because, well, they're cheaper :lol: But I turn 30 in a couple weeks, and we're determined to start exploring wines beyond the "it's under $10" category (with which we're quite familiar :lol-2:)

So, what's your favorite wine? (Perhaps you have a favorite "everyday" wine and another for special occasions?) We favor reds but are equal opportunity drinkers.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've never met anyone else who drinks Conundrum, let alone has heard of it! I don't like 99% of white wines but this one I'll drink :clap:
It is my absolute favorite!! My cart looks like DeeJay's when I'm stocking up! I try others occasionally, but I always come back to my Conundrum!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is my absolute favorite!! My cart looks like DeeJay's when I'm stocking up! I try others occasionally, but I always come back to my Conundrum!!
If you haven't tried it already, give Far Niente Chardonnay a try. That's the only other white that I've truly enjoyed.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love Conundrum white! Not the Conundrum red though. I thought I would like it based on the white so I was sadly surprised when that wasn't the case.

ETA: Can't figure out how to quote ILikeShiny too. Fortunately I'm better at wine drinking than I am technology!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BTW, I'd recommend downloading the Vivino app. It does two things in particular that I really love. First, you can snap a photo of a wine you're considering/about to drink and it will tell you what it's rated by other users, you can read their reviews, and you can rate/write your own review afterwards (which then is saved in your account for you to reference in the future). Second, it now is able to analyze a photo you take of the wine menu at a restaurant and it will look them ALL up at one time and give you their ratings beside each wine; you can then tap on them individually to read more about them. I just used this last night at a family birthday dinner and my wine choice was the hit of the night :mrgreen:

That app sounds amazing! I'm about to download it.

And we tend to put our money towards really nice/pricey food when hosting parties, but I wouldn't be averse to buying a bottle in the $50 range for a holiday or something. Any particular suggestions?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That app sounds amazing! I'm about to download it.

And we tend to put our money towards really nice/pricey food when hosting parties, but I wouldn't be averse to buying a bottle in the $50 range for a holiday or something. Any particular suggestions?

Sure! One of my favorite cabs for around $50 is Faust; it is just so smooth and luscious, especially for that price point. It's from the same winery that makes one of my all-time favorite wines - Quintessa - but that runs around &200/bottle so Faust usually wins :). Stonestreet is another good one around $50. Pine Ridge, Stuhlmuller, and Oakville are nice as well.

If you might like Pinot Noir, Belle Glos is a very good label with a few varieties. And Meiomi is a steal at around $20ish. It's always a winner at that price point.

For Merlot, I'd give Twomey a try.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had the pleasure of tasting this last night. If you like sweet this is amazing:kiss:

IMG_2273.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results