shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite wine?

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My husband and I are bad millenials, if the news and my social media feeds are to be believed ;-), in that we've spent our 20s scrimping and saving and getting married and buying a home and having kids rather than staying single and spending our income on travel and frequent dining out. Different strokes, yadda yadda. Even though we're very close to wine country in California, we've focused more on crafts beers because, well, they're cheaper :lol: But I turn 30 in a couple weeks, and we're determined to start exploring wines beyond the "it's under $10" category (with which we're quite familiar :lol-2:)

So, what's your favorite wine? (Perhaps you have a favorite "everyday" wine and another for special occasions?) We favor reds but are equal opportunity drinkers.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red and white :lickout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been drinking wine for a long time and lets just say my taste go towards the cheap end...I have had a few expensive wines that
I though were just delicious but sure dont remember what they were so unfortunately no recommendations from me. To show you
what my taste buds like my house wine is barefoot merlot :lickout:(so I know what you mean about the $10 bottle). I'm also cheap in the
beer department. I cant stand heavy or craft beers like my DH likes...yep, nothing but cheap, watered down American beer for me!:lol:

My DH said I was always a cheap date:oops:.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Like asking to pick your favorite child.:cheeky::D:rodent:

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At home/with dinner wine: Justin 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
Other favorites: Michael David 2014 Petite Petit
Michael David 2014 Freakshow Cab
Oliver Winery Creekbend Cabernet Sauvignon (grape is actually grown here)
I've done a couple websites in the past year for an upscale restaurant and one of the local wineries, and have taken partial payment in trade. Perk of working for oneself = scoring some excellent food and wine.;-) My home consumption bottles tend to go for between $15-$25; I get half price at Oliver, and the higher end bottles (that never end up being favorites) I sample during client meetings.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Our current favorite wine is around the $10 mark per bottle depending where you purchase from (we drink almost daily, so need to keep the price sustainable) apothic.png . I prefer red wines, and I prefer blends so, that being said....the winner is:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with Matata :razz:

Q

Queenie60

My favorites are Russian River Pinot Noir. We visited the Russian River Valley back in May - purchased a few cases from different wineries. I like red the best and always lean toward a coastal pinot or a Russian River Pinot. For those special dinners we prefer a nice Kathryn Kennedy Cabernet. For a less expensive but nice Pinot - try Joseph Jewell. Delicious and smooth.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barefoot wines are a little to harsh for me. But I enjoy apothic red and apothic dark gnarleyhead red zinfidel, bin 54 blends, Pinot noir. My favorite whites right now are savigion Blanc and voigner (sp) but still experimenting which brand I like best. I've had some good ones, but can't remember unless I see them cupcake chardonnay is reliably good.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friends say my favorite whine is "I'm cold" :lol: but to answer your real question - one of our favorites is a California Cabernet called Freak Show. I like La Crema Chardonnay really well. My husband likes Shiraz and Merlot but I am not sure what brands he gets.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like a good German Sweet Reisling. I only drink white and mostly Reisling. Or champagne mixed with splash of pineapple juice and coconut rum ☺

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crâmpoşie

The thing is so fruty it could masquerade as a white Sangria without the sweet.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friends say my favorite whine is "I'm cold" :lol: but to answer your real question - one of our favorites is a California Cabernet called Freak Show. I like La Crema Chardonnay really well. My husband likes Shiraz and Merlot but I am not sure what brands he gets.

Wine twins! Michael David is the winery--I recommended the same one above! Try their Petit Petite if you enjoy the cab. Really good.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't drink wine (or pretty much any alcohol)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a big alcohol drinker but prefer white over red and my favorite wine is a sweet Reisling like the Spaetlese Reislings. And I also enjoy a good Gewürztraminer. And I love Bartenura Moscato.

“Not every Riesling is for everyone but there is a Riesling for everybody. If you haven’t liked Riesling, you probably haven’t tried enough.”

Wegeler Mosel-Saar-Ruwer Bernkasteler Doctor Spätlese 2007.jpg

bartenura_moscato_750ml.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amarone is my favourite type, brand probably tommasi. Its not sweet, but its a little fruity, a little jammy, and so so smooth.
Second favourite is a Cab Sav. Favourite brand maybe Caymus? Ive had tons of cab savs that I like. I also eat a lot of steak, which it pairs beautifully with!
Third, more every day would be like Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel.

Mmmm. Now I'm thinking about wine at work and its not even noon XD

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our current favorite wine is around the $10 mark per bottle depending where you purchase from (we drink almost daily, so need to keep the price sustainable) apothic.png . I prefer red wines, and I prefer blends so, that being said....the winner is:

I just finished a bottle of this (I'd show you the bottle but I'd have to dumpster dive in the recycle bin:cheeky:) and I liked it very much.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm also a $10 a bottle (or less, if I an find it) drinker. And Apothic has been my go to red for a couple years now.

Summertime, though, I want white and Matua Sauvignon Blanc is my current favorite. It is at a similar price point. upload_2017-7-7_12-14-20.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything red.

DK :mrgreen:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4888.JPG
This! Just under $10 and sooo good.
For reds at home we like bordeaux, Sangiovese and termpernillo so I try lots of different varieties of those.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave up reds because of the tannins but my favorite styles were Pinot Noir, merlot, shiraz, and depending on where it comes from Malbec.

My favorite these days is Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc because it has a bright clean taste, not sweet, tart, dry but not TOO dry. Lots of SB's have a weird peachy aftertaste that I don't care for, and its not present in whitehaven. I used to buy House Wine Sauvignon Blanc but its hard to find down here. Slightly peachy but thats still very clean...its like my favorite box wine ever! :dance: I rarely do chards anymore as I find them to be quite sweet in comparison.

Speaking of, I do like sweet wines on occasion, but again its usually brown sherry or madeira. both of which will jack you up if you're not careful.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like malbecs.

That bartenura moscato @missy posted above is a crowd pleaser! That's the wine I bring for a party if the occasion calls for wine.

@ac117 introduced me to barberas by ordering a wine described as a "baby Barolo" and now I'm a fan of barberas and barolos as brighter reds.

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I much prefer reds, almost never drink whites.
Faves are: Pinot Noir, Chianti, Red Zin.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting how few white wine drinkers there are!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drink white wine in the warm months, depending on what I'm eating (pasta with white sauce, seafood etc). Another white I like is Fruili Sauvigion blanc.
But in general I enjoy reds much more. It's like I enjoy drinking white wine in certain circumstances but I don't crave it. But there are certain times I think, ooh I really want a glass of red wine! I should mention I went through phases of drinking a lot of Rex Goliath (everyday red or something like that blend) and Concha y Tora (Frontera). But I kind of got maxed out on them and been enjoying different brands and types of wine.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For an everyday (ish) white, I like Conundrum. For a nicer (pricier) red, since you're in CA, check out Rafanelli, as small family owned winery. I'm not the wine expert (that's hubby's bailiwick), but those are two good ones to try....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results