shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite setting for an asscher cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty rare that I know exactly what I want for a setting. Usually I just sit back and wait for inspiration to hit me over the head; sometimes this can take years. But I don''t want to wait that long to set my new chrysoberyl so I''m asking for a bit of a shove in the inspiration department. Currently I''m open to any and all ideas.

For reference, it''s 1.97 carats and 6.8mm.

RD_chryso_1.97_sm.jpg
kiz-chryasscher3.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kismet, I adore your chryso!
30.gif

I have 3 top faves.

Bezel set solitaire, with a bit of a rounded shank, profile like Neatfreak's.

Step cut traps (I think this may be what I end up doing with my aqua). It's a classic style that I've always wanted for an Asscher.

And then I just helped a friend design this, and I really think I want it for one of my larger Asschers.
9.gif

EngravedFlushCathedral1.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more pic with more views.

EngravedFlushCathedral2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a couple of my favorite look, although, I also love the full bezel look like LTP too!

winkasscherrings0809.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I presume you are thinking of a ring? I like bezels, halo with baguettes (but extremely pricey), or something pseudo tension like the Taffin ring below. I had my pink spinel asscher set the same way but without the diamond melees in the shank.

TaffinpinkAsscher.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T - drool!!!!
18.gif

Date: 8/17/2009 12:43:34 PM
Author: Chrono
I presume you are thinking of a ring? I like bezels, halo with baguettes (but extremely pricey), or something pseudo tension like the Taffin ring below. I had my pink spinel asscher set the same way but without the diamond melees in the shank.
Chrono, that''s so pretty! Love it!
1.gif

FYI, I''ve gotten quotes for a baguette halo for my spess, and I was knocked over by the expense of getting this done. I really want to, but I don''t want to pay anywhere from $5k - $7k for a gemstone setting. If it was affordable, this would no doubt by number 1 on my list.
2.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would love to see that in a bezel set solitaire, or as a center stone with tapered baguettes.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is also in my inspiration folder. . .

3 stone bezeled asscher ring.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The more I look at it, the more I get "bezel setting" from it.

For reference, here is my Scapolite before setting.

original.aspx

And after. . .

original.aspx

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy%20Ring%20Perfect.jpg
11.gif
You asked.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
LTP: That first one you posted from WF is pretty but I think it may have too much detail going on for this project. I think I''m leaning towards something simpler. I love the 3 stone asscher bezel but I had a heck of a time finding *one* asscher chrysoberyl I don''t think I''m up to the search for a matching pair. Your scapolite is gorgeous! And, of course, I''m thinking of Mochi''s bezeled chrysoberyl too.

D&T: I''m really liking the one with the baguettes.

Chrono: That''s really pretty. You don''t happen to have a profile shot of your ring, do you?

Gypsy: I really love the tapered baguettes, not so much in love with the baguette halo. I think it might look strange with a colored center.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
too modern?

sunchannelfauxtension0809.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how bout this?
1.gif

sunchannelfauxtension08091.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
D&T: I think those are both a bit too chunky and modern for my taste

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry, Kismet, I don’t have the profile picture of the Taffin ring. But I do have a profile shot of my ring.

taffininspired1.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another taken at an angle. I hope it helps.

taffininspired2.JPG

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
The new octagonal asscher listing on JuliaKayTaylor''s etsy site is mine.
It is an aquamarine, 9mm, 3.94 carats. It is a recut of a 5 carat stone.
I am just stunned at how creative she can be--with an asscher, no less!

She told me she had been waiting to do this design. She called it an "open pavillion" setting. Sorry, I have no idea how to link, but I am amiprimary on her custom section.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 3:57:09 PM
I’m sorry, Kismet, I don’t have the profile picture of the Taffin ring. But I do have a profile shot of my ring.
Thats gorgeous... do you have a thread on it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Tower,
If you have the link, I''ll help you make it clickable. I''d love to see it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 3:58:06 PM
Author: Pink Tower
The new octagonal asscher listing on JuliaKayTaylor''s etsy site is mine.
It is an aquamarine, 9mm, 3.94 carats. It is a recut of a 5 carat stone.
I am just stunned at how creative she can be--with an asscher, no less!

She told me she had been waiting to do this design. She called it an ''open pavillion'' setting. Sorry, I have no idea how to link, but I am amiprimary on her custom section.
PT- is this yours? Looks like its going to be stunning

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29370296

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 3:58:17 PM
Author: D&T

Thanks. I don''t have a thread for it but it''s here and there all over PS. I believe it to be the first asscher cut gemstone on PS and the first one cut by Jeff on PS too.
History of the stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colour-me-pink.61549/
Same pictures of the ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronos-guess-the-stone-game.113313/page-5

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 4:03:48 PM

Date: 8/17/2009 3:58:17 PM
Author: D&T

Thanks. I don''t have a thread for it but it''s here and there all over PS. I believe it to be the first asscher cut gemstone on PS and the first one cut by Jeff on PS too.
History of the stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colour-me-pink.61549/
Same pictures of the ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronos-guess-the-stone-game.113313/page-5
Thanks Chrono- Lovely! its soo stunning..

(T-Jack over)

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that is the design.
She said it may have milgrain or engraving on the "prongs" for lack of a better word for the sides.
Thanks again to the person who introduced her to us.
I have been waiting several weeks for the design, and she said to expect six more weeks for the ring. Her business has not suffered from the recession.

Kismet,
I don''t mean to threadjack, sorry. But this may get you thinking a bit ''out of the box'' for an asscher.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet,
One more thing:
I asked her for a tubular shank.
I have never had one, but always wanted to try one.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 4:16:10 PM
Author: isaku5
9.gif

Date: 8/17/2009 2:30:10 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 8/17/2009 2:00:42 PM
Author: Gypsy
Gypsy%20Ring%20Perfect.jpg
11.gif
You asked.
9.gif

11.gif

23.gif
9.gif

11.gif

23.gif

20.gif
LOL - not quite sure why I found this so funny - but Gypsy's killing me by posting that PSed setting.
9.gif

KILLING ME!!!!
31.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono - I''ve always loved your ring, and it''s a JW Asscher, so it''s incredibly special, IMO.

Do you wear it often? Have you had any problems with so much of the stone being exposed?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 4:19:23 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Chrono - I've always loved your ring, and it's a JW Asscher, so it's incredibly special, IMO.

Do you wear it often? Have you had any problems with so much of the stone being exposed?
Lauren,
Thanks for the compliment. You’ve made me smile at the end of a long work day. I wear the ring mainly to work or out on weekends only; it gets removed once I am home. I’ve not had any problems except for the stone being a little loose once which the jeweller fixed it for me right away. No damage (yet). I haven't banged it either because I've been extra careful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results