shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite recipe?

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
After drooling over the scrumptious pie and cake threads, I want to see some recipes!

I'd like to know your favorite, never-fail, always gets rave reviews recipe. I think everybody has their standby, 'When in doubt, I'm going to cook this.' Your recipe doesn't have to be pie or cake, heck it doesn't even have to be dessert, just good.

Mine is Patricia Wells' Roast Leg of Lamb with Potato and Tomato Au Gratin. I think I found it in the Silver Palate cookbook but its been kicking around other places too. You cook the lamb in a rack over a pan of the au gratin and the lamb juices marinate the au gratin. It is my number one go to recipe because it always turns out good no matter what I do and I can serve it to anybody - even people who swear they don't like lamb and they will gobble it up and ask for seconds. Plus its easy. The lamb's not cheap but I buy it when it goes on sale.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
6 garlic cloves, 1 split, rest chopped
2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced salt and pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 large onions, very thinly sliced
5 medium tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced ( about 1 pound)
2/3 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup olive oil
1 leg of lamb, with bone in ( about 6 to 7 pounds)

Directions
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Rub bottom of 16x10 gratin pan with split garlic clove.
Arrange potato slices in bottom of pan.
Season with salt, pepper, some of the thyme and chopped garlic.
Add a layer of onions and seasoning.
Add a layer of tomatoes and seasoning on top.
Drizzle with wine and oil.
Trim the thicker portions of fat from the leg of lamb.
Season with salt and pepper.
Place lamb on a sturdy cake rake directly on top of gratin pan.
Roast, uncovered, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes for rare lamb (1 hour and 45 minutes for well-done); turning lamb every 15 minutes, basting with liquid from gratin pan.
Remove from oven and allow to sit for 20 minutes before carving.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently made a delicious crab and corn chowder - i'll have to go find the recipe.....

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium-size onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and thinly sliced (use just one if you like less heat)
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
A few dashes fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups vegetable broth or water
3 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 5 ears of corn)
2 medium-size russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
1 bay leaf
Pinch cayenne
1/4 cup half and half
lumb crab meat

In stockpot sauté the onions, bell peppers, carrots, and jalapeños in the olive oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.

Add rosemary, thyme, black pepper, and salt; sauté 1 minute more. Add the broth, corn, potatoes, bay leaf, and cayenne. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes more to let the liquid reduce a bit.

Remove the bay leaf and puree half the chowder either using a handheld blender or by transferring half the chowder to a blender, pureeing till smooth and adding back to soup.

Add the half and half and crab, and simmer 10 more minutes.

Let sit for at least 10 minutes and serve. Tastes even better the next day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I need to take a quick and easy dessert somewhere I like to take dump cake. It's so easy and everyone loves it.

You use 2 cans / jars of fruit. I like either peaches or cheeries
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cube of butter (2 makes it even better)

Spray a 9 x 13 pan. Put the fruit including the juice in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top. Melt the butter and pour over the top of the cake mix. Bake at 350 until golden brown. Served warm with vanilla ice cream or cool whip if desired.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, these cookies are requested by many

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 c sugar
1 c unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 1/4 c of flour (add a bit more if necessary)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs, salt, vanilla and sour cream and stir well. Add dry ingredients. Chill dough at least an hour. Roll out to desired thickness. (We tend to like the thicker, soft cookies so we roll them out about 1/3 inch). Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes)

Enjoy

mogster

Shiny_Rock
People are always skeptical when I tell them about this but then I always get asked for the recipe afterward. ;))

Ketchup Pasta
1 - box of pasta (I like fusilli or cellentani)
1/2 - package of ground beef
1 - carrot
1/2 - package of mushrooms
1/2 - bottom end of a leek
2 - cloves of garlic
cooking oil, ketchup, salt, sugar

Boil the pasta. Mince the garlic. Dice the carrot, mushrooms, and leek. Stir fry the vegetables with the garlic and cooking oil on medium high. Add the ground beef right before the carrots become soft and stop when the ground beef is just ready. Keep the heat on medium high. Mix in the pasta. Add ketchup (for this serving, I usually use 1/4 or more of a bottle) and cooking oil as necessary. (The secret of getting the ketchup to stick to the pasta is cooking oil.) Now add salt and sugar to taste (it'll be about a 1:2 ratio - sugar tempers the ketchup and the salt so it won't just be tangy and salty). Mix well. Watch for the heat.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My version of southern biscuits (biscuits are unknown around here)
Shooter's sandwich - how can you go wrong with steak, mushrooms, horseradish and a nice crusty loaf?
Curry
Chocolate chip cookies that started out as Crisco's recipes a long time ago

I like to experiment with all sorts of interesting recipes, but these are safe and please everyone.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised this thread didn't blow up!

We have some awesome cooks on PS! keep posting!

Anyone care to share some healthy crock pot recipes? I just got one for my bridal shower and I'd love to have some recipes.

Also, has anyone every eating macaroni with cream cheese? Have any good recipes for that?

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe people want to keep their secrets. ;-) We got some good recipes here anyway.

violet3, that crab and corn chowder looks delicious - I think I'll try that! My favorite crab soup is she-crab soup but I don't have the recipe AND more importantly I can't find she-crabs to cook it with.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
AmeliaG|1314476729|3001932 said:
Maybe people want to keep their secrets. ;-) We got some good recipes here anyway.

violet3, that crab and corn chowder looks delicious - I think I'll try that! My favorite crab soup is she-crab soup but I don't have the recipe AND more importantly I can't find she-crabs to cook it with.

Nah. People have multiple favorite recipes, I'm sure. One may be a secret, sure, so then pick one that isn't...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amelia, I just saw this - what's a she-crab??? i'm interested. The best part about the recipe I posted is that you puree/blend half of the mixture and then add it back in to the soup, which gives it a much heartier body than other soups I've made - i will be doing this with every soup I make from now on.

The one thing i would add to this recipe if you are up for it is bacon - gives it a little salt - but then i'm of the mindset that bacon makes everything better ;)) I would also use both jalapenos if you like spice, because i didn't get a huge kick from the one i used in my recipe.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use some different seasonings than he does. But this is the base of my pot roast recipe. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pot-roast-recipe/index.html

I use bay leaves and mirapox as my base with tomato juice, balsamic vinegar and a green olive teppanade. No cumin for me. No garlic. And if I use raisins I use golden ones. But great recipe. I use a slow cooker for the cooking, but have used his method... it's much faster than the slow cooker. Great results everytime.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
violet3|1314570393|3003892 said:

Amelia, I just saw this - what's a she-crab??? i'm interested. The best part about the recipe I posted is that you puree/blend half of the mixture and then add it back in to the soup, which gives it a much heartier body than other soups I've made - i will be doing this with every soup I make from now on.

The one thing i would add to this recipe if you are up for it is bacon - gives it a little salt - but then i'm of the mindset that bacon makes everything better ;)) I would also use both jalapenos if you like spice, because i didn't get a huge kick from the one i used in my recipe.

Sorry, just saw this! She-crab is the female crab with roe. Females have sweeter meat than males and the roe adds a nice zing to the soup. I noticed the half-puree in the soup you posted - I'm going to follow that suggestion, thanks,I like a little crunch in my creamy soups.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie|1314578672|3004019 said:
Amelia -- could you use a regular roasting pan for the lamb recipe? That sounds so good!

My go-to dish is this. So easy. The trick is to use fresh mozzarella/basil and the best canned tomatoes you can get. I also add spicy italian sausage -- I cook it then add it in when you are mixing everything together. I get so many requests for this recipe. It has 202 reviews and is 5 stars!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/tomato-basil-and-cheese-baked-pasta-recipe/index.html

Hi Lanie. Believe it or not I use a regular round layer cake pan and put a small round grill over it that came with my stockpot. I'm sure you could use a regular roasting pan as long as you keep the grill (and the meat) above the gratin. If the lamb sits in the gratin, it just braises which some people like but i don't.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Gosh-not sure if I have a favorite =)
My take on Hooley's pub chicken pot pie
Not good for you potato chap [once a year type of croquette]
My version of Penny Gilcrist's whole wheat loaf

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure it it counts as my favorite -- I'm too much of a novice at throwing dinner parties to have favorites yet! -- but man this is delicious! I like it best with roasted brussels sprouts...still haven't determined the perfect starch pairing!

Recipe Title: Roast Pork with Maple and Mustard Glaze
Recipe Link: http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Roast-Pork-With-Maple-And-Mustard-Glaze-Allrecipes?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=website

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lb pork loin (boneless pork loin roast)
1 cup maple syrup (real)
4 tbsp dijon (prepared, style mustard)
2 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
salt (taste)
black pepper (ground black pepper to taste)

Preparation Steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Stir together the maple syrup, mustard vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place pork roast in a shallow roasting pan. Spread glaze evenly over pork roast.
3. Roast pork in the preheated oven uncovered, until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour. Remove from oven, and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Ninna|1314594701|3004254 said:
Gosh-not sure if I have a favorite =)
My take on Hooley's pub chicken pot pie
Not good for you potato chap [once a year type of croquette]
My version of Penny Gilcrist's whole wheat loaf

Yumm, I love chicken pot pie recipes. How'd you get Hooley's recipe? I searched on the Internet and couldn't find it.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
We used to be regulars, I asked for the recipe right before the pub was sold. New Hooley's still make their wonderful roasted chicken but left the chicken pot pie and scones behind.

Hooley's Rustic Chicken Pot Pie

1 Roasted chicken, torn [all visible fat and bones removed]
4 Tb butter
1 medium onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 ts Turkey rub seasoning
5 Tb all purpose flour
2 C low sodium chicken broth
1/2 ts chicken buillon
1 C milk or half and half
1 Lb frozen pea/carrot
salt and pepper to taste
1 Pie crust
1 egg yolk+ 1 tb cold water for glaze

In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until soft. Stir in the rub seasoning and flour, once the flour is foamy, slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Season with buillon, salt and pepper to taste and simmer over medium low heat until thick. Add chicken pieces and frozen veggies, stir a couple times and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Pour cooled mixture into a deep dish pie plate.
Remove crust from the fridge and roll to a 12" circle between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper. Peel away top piece of paper and drape the crust over the filled pie, peel away the last piece of paper. Fold overhang/excess dough under and flute edges using your thumb and forefinger. Make several slits in top to allow steam to escape.
Brush with egg yolk glaze and place the dish on a baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temp to 375F and bake until golden brown and bubbly, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
*If you can't find commercial Turkey Rub, this one is pretty close: 2 Tb rubbed sage, 1 Tb poultry seasoning, 1 Tb paprika, 1Tb seasoned salt, 2 ts garlic powder, 1 ts black pepper & 1/2 ts nutmeg. Mix and store up to six months.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/what-cha-making-for-dinner-t151563-30.html#p2752263

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
My husband does a great marinated, grilled chicken as follows:

Boneless, skinless chicken breast - fillets on the thin side
Marinate for 48 hours (turning after the first day) in olive oil & balsamic vinegar, roughly chopped garlic and fresh rosemary & thyme
He uses a ratio of about 2 1/2 times olive oil to balsamic, about 4-8 cloves garlic (depending on how much chicken you have), and you can use the amount of fresh rosemary & thyme to your own taste (dried thyme can be used, but I don't recommend dried rosemary)

Grill on a hot flame...delicious

My other favorites are:
1. Roasted Shrimp and Orzo - by Barefoot Contessa
2. Lemon and Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze - by Giada

All of these go over fabulously with guests

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Sillberry- I have a similar recipe, subbing brown sugar for maple syrup, and with the addition of fresh ginger. You can never go wrong with pork tenderloin though, it's one of my favorite go-to dishes.

People (mostly me :) ) seem to really like this recipe for African Peanut Soup:

Ingredients
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon peanut oil, divided
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 medium onions, sliced (about 4 cups)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into chunks
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk

Directions
Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in sweet potatoes, chicken broth and tomatoes, and bring soup to a boil. Simmer, covered, 20 to 30 minutes.

In a large skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of peanut oil. Add the turkey and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any clumps until cooked through. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Drain on paper towels.

Add cooked ground turkey, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cayenne, peanut butter, and coconut milk to the soup, stirring to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite recipe EVER!!!
Works best with a Kitchen Aide; otherwise it is truely a chore.

Danish Butter Rolls (time: 3 hrs)

5-5 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. Salt
2 pkg. Yeast
1 cup milk
3/4 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
put aside another 1/4 cup butter softened to later put on dough when
rolled
out
Preserves (your favorite on danishes)

Filling:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup softened butter

Frosting:
Butter
Powder sugar
milk * Mix more powder suger and butter and just a little
milk
until the right drizzling consistance.

In Bowl 1. warm milk and 3/4 cup butter together. Dissolve 1 pkg
yeast in
warmed milk mixture.

In Bowl 2. (preferable kitchen aid bowl) Combine 2 cups flour, sugar,
salt,
and the other pkg yeast. Set Aside.

In Bowl 1 add eggs and vanilla. Then add this mixture to bowl 2. Beat
for
3 minutes, then slowly add the rest of the left over flour to bowl 2.
Form
a stiff dough. Then Knead for 3 minutes. Cover. Let stand until
double
(about 45 mins). Meanwhile, prepare filling. Combine the filling
ingredants together and cover with saran wrap so it doesn't dry out.

Roll out dough to a 24x12 inch rectangle. Spread with soft butter.
Sprinkle
on filling. Roll up. Cut into 1 inch slices. Place cut-side down on
well-greased cookie sheet, 3-4 inches apart. Flatten to 1/2 inch
thickness.
Make a depression in center of each roll and fill with 1 tsp of
preserves.
Cover, let rise in warm place 30-45 mins.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Ninna|1314636632|3004559 said:
We used to be regulars, I asked for the recipe right before the pub was sold. New Hooley's still make their wonderful roasted chicken but left the chicken pot pie and scones behind.

Hooley's Rustic Chicken Pot Pie

1 Roasted chicken, torn [all visible fat and bones removed]
4 Tb butter
1 medium onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 ts Turkey rub seasoning
5 Tb all purpose flour
2 C low sodium chicken broth
1/2 ts chicken buillon
1 C milk or half and half
1 Lb frozen pea/carrot
salt and pepper to taste
1 Pie crust
1 egg yolk+ 1 tb cold water for glaze

In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until soft. Stir in the rub seasoning and flour, once the flour is foamy, slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Season with buillon, salt and pepper to taste and simmer over medium low heat until thick. Add chicken pieces and frozen veggies, stir a couple times and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Pour cooled mixture into a deep dish pie plate.
Remove crust from the fridge and roll to a 12" circle between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper. Peel away top piece of paper and drape the crust over the filled pie, peel away the last piece of paper. Fold overhang/excess dough under and flute edges using your thumb and forefinger. Make several slits in top to allow steam to escape.
Brush with egg yolk glaze and place the dish on a baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temp to 375F and bake until golden brown and bubbly, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
*If you can't find commercial Turkey Rub, this one is pretty close: 2 Tb rubbed sage, 1 Tb poultry seasoning, 1 Tb paprika, 1Tb seasoned salt, 2 ts garlic powder, 1 ts black pepper & 1/2 ts nutmeg. Mix and store up to six months.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/what-cha-making-for-dinner-t151563-30.html#p2752263

Thanks Ninna! One question: do the veggies have to be frozen? I always buy fresh but I don't know whether there would be any veggies left in it after baking.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yum! All these yummy recipes but unfortunately the grocery stores have nada on the shelves after the hurricane. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. I miss home cooking already and its only been 3 days.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314472512|3001853 said:
Also, has anyone every eating macaroni with cream cheese? Have any good recipes for that?

I'm certain I have made macaroni and cheese with cream cheese. I will look for a recipe on-line, since I do not have a recipe of my own. Let me say, however, that since I cook by the seat of my pants, I would add cream cheese to macaroni any time I felt like it!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Home Style Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients

7 ounces macaroni
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3.In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly; stirring occasionally. Mix in milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Continue cooking until sauce is thickened. Add cooked macaroni and Cheddar cheese.
4.Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. In small bowl mix together bread crumbs, butter and parsley; spread over macaroni and cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1314400695|3000888 said:
If I need to take a quick and easy dessert somewhere I like to take dump cake. It's so easy and everyone loves it.

You use 2 cans / jars of fruit. I like either peaches or cheeries
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cube of butter (2 makes it even better)

Spray a 9 x 13 pan. Put the fruit including the juice in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top. Melt the butter and pour over the top of the cake mix. Bake at 350 until golden brown. Served warm with vanilla ice cream or cool whip if desired.

marcy-

I never heard a cake referred to as a, "dump" before, but I suspect that I have been making one for years! I have posted this recipe for what we always called, "Easy Cherry Cobbler" on Pricescope many times before. I picked it up many years ago when I was teaching school. It was, like yours, an unbelievable crowd pleaser! It looks very, very similar!!!

Easy Cherry Cobbler

1 can cherry pie filling
(I use 1/2 can pie filling and 1 can tart cherries instead)
Spread in greased 9 x 9 pan
1/2 box cake mix (yellow or white)
Sprinkle over cherries
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
and
1/2 cup water poured over cake mix
1/2-1 cup chopped nuts sprinkled over top
Bake at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour

Can be served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Since I use 1/2 can pie filling for a cake, I always make two cakes. Two are always eaten!

Deb/AGBF

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1314677359|3005148 said:

Home Style Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients

7 ounces macaroni
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3.In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly; stirring occasionally. Mix in milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Continue cooking until sauce is thickened. Add cooked macaroni and Cheddar cheese.
4.Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. In small bowl mix together bread crumbs, butter and parsley; spread over macaroni and cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.

Deb/AGBF

Thank you so much, I gotta give this a shot.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Some of my favorites:
My fiance cooked this for me and knocked my socks off!

Foodmob Garlic Prawn Pasta :http://revision3.com/foodmob/prawnpasta

Lemon and Garilc Prawn Pasta

1/2 Lb Cooked prawns
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Lemon
Bunch Parsley
1 Sprig Thyme
1 Lb Fresh Pasta
3 Tsp Olive oil
2 tsp grated parmesan
Large white bread
1 tomato

1. Peel the garlic and chop in to small pieces
2. Grate the lemon zest
3. Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs
4. Bring a small amount of olive oil to a medium heat in a frying pan before adding the lemon zest, garlic and thyme. Cook slowly without any color for about minutes.
5. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add olive oil and salt to the water when it comes to the boil before adding the fresh pasta.
6. Add the prawns to the frying pan.
7. When the pasta is cooked remove from the water and add straight to the sauce.
8. Finely chop the parsley and add to the pasta.
9. Grate the parmesan and add to the pasta
10. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
11. Cut the bread in to thick slices before rubbing with garlic and olive oil and char grilling for 2 minutes on each side. Rub with the pulp of the tomato and serve immediately.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results