shape
carat
color
clarity

What'cha making for dinner?

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Honey-baked chicken breast, rice and baked acorn squash. I only recently started cooking skin-on, bone-in chicken breast, and oh man, I'll never go back to plain old, healthy, boneless! It's so much more flavorful and juicy (and cheaper!).

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:
Steal -- I can't remember, what's chicken korma? I mean, I know it's an Indian dish, but I can't remember how it's prepared.

We just had tacos for lunch with black beans and peach/pineapple salsa, and we're making salmon, asparagus, and little red potatoes for dinner. Apple crisp (made by a nearby apple orchard) and vanilla ice cream will be dessert!

:bigsmile:

Beats me, I love it because it is the most tasty dinner to come out of a jar. I have no clue how to make it from scratch. ( :oops: ) I fry off onions and mushrooms and small cubes of skinless chicken breast and boil some brown rice. Once the chicken is cooked I open the jar (well sometimes I even get DH to do that!) chuck in the tasty goodness and serve. Hmmmmmmm, let me tell you it was capital T for tasty! :lickout:

Oooh, I haven't had tacos in forever! Thanks for the idea.... :read:

DH loves salmon too but anything I never liked fish. Hope you enjoy your dinner.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steal said:
Zoe said:
Steal -- I can't remember, what's chicken korma? I mean, I know it's an Indian dish, but I can't remember how it's prepared.

We just had tacos for lunch with black beans and peach/pineapple salsa, and we're making salmon, asparagus, and little red potatoes for dinner. Apple crisp (made by a nearby apple orchard) and vanilla ice cream will be dessert!

Beats me, I love it because it is the most tasty dinner to come out of a jar. I have no clue how to make it from scratch. ( :oops: ) I fry off onions and mushrooms and small cubes of skinless chicken breast and boil some brown rice. Once the chicken is cooked I open the jar (well sometimes I even get DH to do that!) chuck in the tasty goodness and serve. Hmmmmmmm, let me tell you it was capital T for tasty! :lickout:

DH loves salmon too but anything I never liked fish. Hope you enjoy your dinner.

Steal, I have an awesome Korma recipe that I just love, if you're interested?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:
Steal said:
Zoe said:

I really would love to know - thanks Lauren. (ETA: off to watch a DVD with DH, if you post I will see it tommorow - night night!)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steal said:
LaurenThePartier said:
Steal said:
Zoe said:

I really would love to know - thanks Lauren. (ETA: off to watch a DVD with DH, if you post I will see it tommorow - night night!)

Night Steal! Sweet dreams!

Chicken Korma

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs chicken breasts or chicken joints, skinned and washed
    1 inch cube of root-ginger, finely grated
    6oz thick natural set yogurt
    1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
    2-3 dried red chile
    5 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
    6 tbsps ghee or cooking oil
    2 large onions, finely sliced
    1 Tbsp ground coriander
    ¼ tsp powdered black pepper
    1 tsp garam masala
    1 tsp ground turmeric
    8fl oz warm water
    4oz creamed coconut
    ½ tsp salt
    2 heaped Tbsps ground cashews
    2 Tbsps finely chopped coriander leaves
    Juice of ½ a lemon

Directions:

Cut chicken breasts into 1½ inch chunks or, if using joints, separate leg from thigh.

Mix the chicken with the ginger and yogurt and cover and leave to marinade for 3-4 hours or in the fridge overnight.

Put the chopped shallot, red chile and garlic into a food processor liquidise to a smooth paste. If the mix is too dry add a little water.

In a wok or large cast-iron pot, heat 4 Tbsps of the ghee or oil over medium heat and fry the sliced onions until they are golden-brown. Remove the pan from the heat and, using a slotted spoon, transfer the onions to a bowl for use later. Leave any remaining oil in the pan.

Add the remaining 2 Tbsps ghee or of oil to the pan over medium heat.

When hot, add the ground coriander, garam masala and turmeric stirring rapidly for about 1-minute (take pan off the heat if the oil is too hot).

Adjust the heat to medium and add the chicken along with the marinade. Stir fry for about 10-minutes.

Add the liquidised spices and continue to stir-fry for about 8-minutes.

Add the water and slice the creamed coconut into the pan. Bring to the boil stirring until the coconut is dissolved.

Add the fried onions and salt.

Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is tender (30-40 minutes).

Remove from heat, sprinkle on the ground cashews, chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.

Serve with rice and Indian-style Broccoli with Spiced Yogurt.

Enjoy!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the recipe, Lauren! I'll have to try it sometime soon.

Steal -- I've had the jarred stuff too (I think I've only had the tikka masala kind though) and it's pretty good. :lickout:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Portobello mushrooms & spinach lasagna with bechamel sauce.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
DH is making curried potato and cauliflower with whole wheat naan

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
goulash.jpg

cookies.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
are those no bake cookies I see? delicious!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
davi_el_mejor said:
uhuh :}

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
In an effort to do something new and less time consuming, I found a recipe for Spinach Alfredo Lasagna. It was pretty good.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl_K said:
davi_el_mejor said:
uhuh :}
My MIL makes no bakes and they're my husband's favorite. I had never heard of them before we met, but now I've definitely had my fair share too. They're pretty good!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Yummmm...no bake cookies!!! :lickout:

Friday night we had brinner: Pannetone French Toast, scrambled eggs with goat cheese, and turkey bacon!

Saturday we went out to eat after the Rally to Restore Sanity...

Sunday night I made pumpkin chili. FI steamed and pureed a few fresh pumpkins last weekend so we had plenty of the good stuff...but this particular recipe wasn't nearly pumpkiny enough for me...I'll have to look for another recipe I like better. In the meantime, we had 5 extra servings of the stuff, so I'm having it today for lunch, too! :D

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I made sausage calzones last night, and I think I'm going to do my Lasagna Skillet tonight. It's lasagna in 30 minutes, and without all the prep! DH loves it.

Lasagna Toss

Originally from the Kraft website. I tweaked it slightly.
Serves 6 (about 1 1/2 cups per serving)

1 tsp EVOO
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups chopped pepper (I used tri-color)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup kraft light zesty italian dressing.
1/4 cup of water
12 no boil lasagna noodles, broken into quarters.
1 cup mozzarella cheese.

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat in skillet. Add garlic & peppers, sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add dressing, water and spaghetti sauce, bring to a boil. Add lasagna noodles. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and let sit for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:
Made a chicken peanut stew that was freakin' delicious and curbed my need to get some thai food from my favourite restaurant . . . for the time being.

oh my gawd, LTP my mum used to make a chicken and peanut butter stew / hot pot thing - I know it sounds odd, but it was my lil sister's fave and it was freakin delicious! :lickout:

I haven't thought of that for years, you've just reminded me of it and now you can guarantee I'll be asking mum how to make it..(or preferably asking her nicely to make some :naughty: )
It's kinda like you said, Thai food on crack, ha!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Last night I made chicken pot pie.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
We also had ChickenPP last night lol
The chicken Korma recipe sounds delish :lickout:

10-31-10.JPG

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
That looks awesome, Lauren, thanks for sharing!

I also make a peanut stew (Emeril recipe) and it's really good. Even my unadventurous relatives love it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ninna said:
We also had ChickenPP last night lol
The chicken Korma recipe sounds delish :lickout:

Ooh, yours looks much prettier with an actual pastry crust. I'm lazy so I just use a bisquick crust.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
wow LTP, that sounds amazing. I am gonna try it! Thank you for typing it all out!

What are no-bake biscuits?

I had tomato soup and 2 slices of bread as I'm home alone :blackeye: .

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steal -- Here's a recipe for no bake cookies.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/no-bake-cookies-i/Detail.aspx

ETA: I haven't made them and I'm not sure which recipe my MIL uses, but just fyi -- they're pretty sweet. I have a sweet tooth but I can only have one small cookie at a time because they're a bit too sweet for my liking. Try them out sometime -- you may love them.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:
Steal -- Here's a recipe for no bake cookies.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/no-bake-cookies-i/Detail.aspx

ETA: I haven't made them and I'm not sure which recipe my MIL uses, but just fyi -- they're pretty sweet. I have a sweet tooth but I can only have one small cookie at a time because they're a bit too sweet for my liking. Try them out sometime -- you may love them.

Ah I see, a bit like rice crispie cakes but with oatmeal. They look yummy! I have a sweet tooth so they would go down nicely...mmmh :lickout: Thanks Zoe!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I'm making cajun grilled chicken stuffed with pepper jack cheese and spinach tonight :lickout: ..... and extra halloween candy for dessert! YAY!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
chicken and yellow rice

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is a meat eater - i like meat, but LOVE seafood. He's allergic to shellfish ;( most of the time, we have chicken, pork, or beef with a potato (for him) and a vegetable. We also usually have a salad with dinner.

But on special days when we go to the grocery store, like today, i get peel and eat shrimp for myself and he gets whatever he would like. Tonight we're having steak (with shrimp for me), brussel sprout hash with canadian bacon and potatoes, & cucumber salad. My hubs is a great cook and i am greatful that he likes to do it!

p.s. we never eat dessert, because we're not sweets people, but i am sure the wine counts for dessert :lickout:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sausages & Chips :lickout: .

Yes, because I'm nine years old.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results