shape
carat
color
clarity

What'cha making for dinner?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We haven't had one of these threads in a while so I thought I'd start one. I don't know about you but I'm always looking for ideas. I've been making lots of soup lately, particularly butternut squash/carrot. Yum!

It's so easy, especially when you buy the type of squash that's already cut up (it's in the produce section).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's how I make the soup:

1 butternut squash (or 1 container)
1 onion
Baby carrots (1 bag)
1 container of vegetable or chicken broth (I use low-sodium vegetable broth)
Butter or cooking spray to coat the pan
Milk or cream
Pepper to taste

You can roast the squash ahead of time but I haven’t done that yet.
Cut up the squash into bite size pieces.
Cook the onions in a pan until they’re translucent.
Add squash, carrots, and broth to the pan.
Cook for approximately 30 minutes (until the squash and carrots are cooked through)
Transfer the veggies to a blender or a food processor (don’t get rid of the liquid yet)
Add salt and/or pepper if you’d like.
Puree the veggies, adding some of the broth until the soup is the desired consistency. If you’re using a food processor, be careful not to add too much liquid at a time or you’ll have a big mess to clean up. This comes from personal experience.
If the soup is too thick (as mine was the first time I made it), add milk or cream to thin it out a bit.
The best part of this soup is that you could pretty much add any veggie you’d like. I wanted to add more than just squash, so I added carrots.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Brinner :)
I'm having a cheese omlett, and FI will be having an egg scrambler with all sorts of veggies and cold cuts, both with toast.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Tofu stir-fry!

1 block of Extra-Firm tofu cut into bite-size pieces.
Tons and tons of veggies (today was a small yellow squash, a small zucchini, a small red pepper, a handful of baby carrots, a handful of mushrooms, a and a head of baby bok choi)
Trader Joe's Soyaki Sauce

Mix in wok...add in tougher veggies first (carrots, squash, pepper, then mushrooms and bok choi as everything begins to cook through)...serve over rice (I use the frozen brown rice, also from TJ's)...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans :lickout:

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Tonight I'm making turkey tacos, but instead of store bought seasoning I combine the ingredients myself. MMMmmmm, it's so delicious! I can't wait!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
We just had spaghetti with meatballs and sauce. I need to make a grocery store run tomorrow! Right now I'm having hot chocolate for dessert :lickout:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mixed greens with almonds, persimmon, and pomegranate.
Roast chicken with rosemary potatoes.
Apple and pear crisp.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Homemade mac and cheese!

It was so delicious, but I ate too much of it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Potato, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic and bacon, grilled together (potatoes were lightly cooked beforehand). Seasoned with plenty of herbs, parsley and fresh black peppers. Yumm!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um said:
Tofu stir-fry!

1 block of Extra-Firm tofu cut into bite-size pieces.
Tons and tons of veggies (today was a small yellow squash, a small zucchini, a small red pepper, a handful of baby carrots, a handful of mushrooms, a and a head of baby bok choi)
Trader Joe's Soyaki Sauce

Mix in wok...add in tougher veggies first (carrots, squash, pepper, then mushrooms and bok choi as everything begins to cook through)...serve over rice (I use the frozen brown rice, also from TJ's)...

That sounds scrumptious! I need to work on eating more veggies, and this might just do the trick. I love stir-fry.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I roasted a 2 pound eye-of-round with a rosemary parsley garlic and onion rub. I also roasted parsnips, yams, garlic and Brussels sprouts.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
We had potato soup for dinner in honor of our first real cold night tonight! We had croissants to go with it :lickout:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
punkie pie

punkiepie.jpg

turkey

turkey-crockpot.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I cannot wait for pumpkin pie!! It's my favorite, and I only get it at holiday time. I would make it myself more often, but I'm the worst with pie crust :( I feel bad asking my mom to make me a pie every now and again.

It's so funny, I love to cook and am loathe to bake, and my mom is the exact opposite.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Ditto manderz! Oh Karl_K thanks for posting pumpkin pie, I can't wait to try my friend's recipe :lickout:
We had caesar salad with grilled chicken.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I had a healthy shimp and veggie stir-fry with pepper seasoning. It was surprisingly good, got it at Trader Joe's. Trying to lose a few lbs for annual weigh in (doctor's appointment).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had leftover random burrito casserole deal. It's midnight and I just got done eating. That is soooo bad to do. No wonder I'm gaining back all the weight I lost!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
French dip sandwiches.

This is TGal's fault. I didn't know they existed and she had to go and tell me. Previously, I fitted into my clothes, car etc. After learning of these sandwiches, that's not going to last much longer. :bigsmile:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight I'm going to do homemade spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread. Yummy!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
bee* said:
Tonight I'm going to do homemade spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread. Yummy!!

We did a great big pot of spag bog earlier in the week and still have some leftovers-great with cheddar, crusty bread and a lil butter yum! Tonight is
a treat dinner, although not mega unhealthy- roast chicken burgers with fancy lettuce, avocado, bacon on panini rolls, with thick cut home made potato chips baked in rosemary, and tomato relish on the side :cheeky:

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I so love these threads! We had pork chops with orange sauce and sauteed sweet potatoes and spinach. I might've also had a small frosty at Wendy's.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Took advantage of the warm weather we had this week (not today though) and grilled salmon with veggies( vidalia onion with yellow squash) last night. Tonight will be chile (with ground turkey) and it is cooking up in the slow cooker right now. Also making chocolate cake. DD's high school is having home coming tomorrow and she has friends coming over tonight. They will be all eating outside around the fire pit. I'll be inside enjoying the quiet!

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We had a cool front come in last night so I'm going to break out the crock pot and make some chili and christen my new kitchen!

:wavey:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm marinating a pork loin in scotch, tequila, 7up, garlic, onion and salt for tonight. Side dishes will be mashed potatoes with gravy and peas. Another meal I cannot wait to eat :D

The scotch imbues a wonderful apple flavor to the roast, it's like a spoonful of applesauce with every bite. I'm trying out the tequila and 7 up to see if it will add a salty tang too. The one bad thing about having a bar stocked with nice liquor... you have a pork loin sitting in nice liquor :lol:

Oh and a cake is in the oven too :naughty:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Made a chicken peanut stew that was freakin' delicious and curbed my need to get some thai food from my favourite restaurant . . . for the time being.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is Friday night, no cooking for me, pizza it is :appl:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
:lickout:

chicken korma and I have been looking forward to it all week long. :cheeky:

ETA: Diamondprincess, did you say 'new kitchen'? Pics please!!!!!!!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steal -- I can't remember, what's chicken korma? I mean, I know it's an Indian dish, but I can't remember how it's prepared.

We just had tacos for lunch with black beans and peach/pineapple salsa, and we're making salmon, asparagus, and little red potatoes for dinner. Apple crisp (made by a nearby apple orchard) and vanilla ice cream will be dessert!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results