shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite color and are you a chunky monkey or a slim gem (do you like big gemstones or prefer dainty ones?

Favorite color and do you prefer large gemstones or small dainty ones

• Chunky Monkey

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Slim Gem

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Favorite colors are periwinkle and green.

Chunky monkey for sure!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
So I voted for slim line, but I don’t really know the base line where chunky monkey starts—5 cts? My personal sweet spot is 1 to 5cts for a center stone if we’re talking about rings (most of my collection), but really under 3 for where I’m most comfortable. For a ring, I find I’m not too comfortable with too big of a rock, even if it’s an affordable hunk of turquoise or opal. I don’t wear those rings often and they feel heavy on my now-slightly-arthritic hands.

Even upwards of 3cts, I’m quite careful of the company I’ll be wearing jewelry with. Most of the people in my life do not wear jewelry at all, even if they had CS engagement rings. If I’m alone or with my family, I wear whatever I want, stack my bangles, cocktail ring, bring it on. But if it’s like a school or work setting, I will wear small stones so as not to draw attention. The average person will have no idea about what CS I have but they can tell if a setting looks expensive!

I think I’ll consider myself lucky that after 9 years on PS, I still can maintain a liking for slimline, because my budget has certainly not kept up with inflation!

My current favourite colour is apple green, but I also love red, blue and lavender.

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
My favourite adjective is neon! Favourite colours are green, pink, greenish blue, bluish green.

I'm happy with a smaller gem if that's my what my budget allows. Of course if money is no object I would love to buy mainly bigger pieces.

Smaller pieces are good if you're after an understated look; for stacking or wearing several pieces at a time without looking overly dressed up.

That said I want to dress up my loose stones with more diamonds for a larger look next time I have another ring made.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chunky Monkey, Purple/violet, Blue reds, cornflower blue, muzo emerald green

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results