shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite color and are you a chunky monkey or a slim gem (do you like big gemstones or prefer dainty ones?

Favorite color and do you prefer large gemstones or small dainty ones

• Chunky Monkey

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Slim Gem

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your favorite color and are you a chunky monkey or a slim gem (do you like big gemstones or prefer dainty ones?

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Now might be the only time Slim Gem leads the poll. I'll savour and enjoy it. :bigsmile:

Re: favourite colour, let me tell you a story.

When I was a kiddo (like 3? 4?) my father was using a pink felt tip pen for something he was working on. So there's me, happily bouncing towards him, demanding that he give me the pen because pink was my favourite colour. We all know what happens next. And so I carried the pen away.

A little later I came to him again and this time he was using a blue pen (naturally, after I'd stolen his pink one). And again, as sure as the sun rising in the east, I demanded the pen because blue was my favourite colour. :bigsmile: He did say "but just a few minutes ago pink was your favourite colour" but ultimately relented. I got the blue pen as well.

Don't remember what happened after, I imagine he probably selected something ultimately unattractive to my eyes so I wouldn't bother him again. I never gave back either the pink or the blue pen. To this day I love both blue and pink.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there an option for "mixed"?

Reason for asking is that I prefer smaller ones for day to day wear, and big chonky ones for dressier events.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This whopper is mine - thanks to my fast fingers and responded to Jeff W as soon as his maildrop came through!

Finished stone should be in 20 to 30ct region according to him.

Blue-green Tourmaline 2.jpg

Here is the link of the stone in his mail drop:

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Attachments

• Blue-green Tourmaline.jpg
    Blue-green Tourmaline.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 59

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely big gems for me. My favorite colors are red, deep purple, and Paraiba blue. But aim to have every color in my jewelry box.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, forgot about favourite colours: deep pink, raspberry reds, ocean blue, electric blues, blue-green, and purple.

I also can't resist pale Aquamarines with a hint of green.

Still trying to find neon yellow and orange, and a medium blue (got one in the form of a lab Sapphire from Gary).

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Chunky (up to the Liberace limit). Petite doesn't work for guys.

Colours: green, purple. Then in descending order, orange, red, yellow.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chunky (up to the Liberace limit). Petite doesn't work for guys.

Colours: green, purple. Then in descending order, orange, red, yellow.

I don’t agree I think so long as the setting is bulky a small stone can be masculine. My smallest gemstone is set in my most masculine ring. I do agree it’s more feminine to have a petite setting- so if the guy doesn’t want feminine you wouldn’t want a petite setting but I think the setting dictates more than the stone

I prefer chunky... my bank account prefers dainty.
smackdownguys.gif
At the end of the day, as much as I love bold, I want the finest quality I can buy. Sometimes that means a compromise on weight and/or size. In any event, I try to stay at or above a 9x7mm average. Great thread!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This whopper is mine - thanks to my fast fingers and responded to Jeff W as soon as his maildrop came through!

Finished stone should be in 20 to 30ct region according to him.

Blue-green Tourmaline 2.jpg

Here is the link of the stone in his mail drop:

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Holy sh*t, you got that?! I saw that email from his “vault” collection and thought wowza. That’s going to be an unbelievable gem! :kiss2:

Do you know what shape you’ll go with?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy sh*t, you got that?! I saw that email from his “vault” collection and thought wowza. That’s going to be an unbelievable gem! :kiss2:

Yup, first to pass the posts so to speak!

He posted about it while he was at Tucson earlier this year and I asked him about it.

I gasped at the price thinking no way would I be able to afford it.

A few days later I started another contract and worked 3 days a week compared with just 1 day a week.

Last couple of months had been very busy, so was this month, and it is likely to continue for some time.

I forgot about this stone completely until I received his maildrop, and thought, why not?!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, first to pass the posts so to speak!

He posted about it while he was at Tucson earlier this year and I asked him about it.

I gasped at the price thinking no way would I be able to afford it.

A few days later I started another contract and worked 3 days a week compared with just 1 day a week.

Last couple of months had been very busy, so was this month, and it is likely to continue for some time.

I forgot about this stone completely until I received his maildrop, and thought, why not?!

I’m so happy for you (Maybe writhing in jealousy just a wee bit. :mrgreen:). It’s a fabulous color and it’s going to be massive! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love but cannot wear big gems. I also have self imposed strict parameters on acceptable size. So, I'm a slim kid.
Red/pads are my very favorite but I want to 'collect them all' as far as color goes. I would love to have one of each if I could.
I tend to gravitate away from extremely pale or dark stones. But, not always.

So, my preferences are whatever strikes me at the time :lol:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Where's the medium size choice?? Lol but if you make me choose then I have to go larger lol.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy for you (Maybe writhing in jealousy just a wee bit. :mrgreen:). It’s a fabulous color and it’s going to be massive! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Don't hold your breath, as you know, I am not quick in setting his stones!

On a side note - I have received the CAD for the ring with his Aquamarine and Morganite stones.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have meaty fingers so I need coverage. I am envious of those with slim long fingers who can make a 1 carat gem look big and elegant.
Same with my ear lobes, even 2 carats manages to look lost on my meaty lobes, DD with them on “loses her whole ear”. DD has the sweetest wee ear lobes like DH.
So I halo and halo a bit more. Exception being my aquamarine which is huge enough!
My favourite colour in clothes (and hair) is purple but Im not a huge fan of purple gems.
I love vivid, I love my “not” spessartite garnet ring and also blue. I love blue sapphires.
Yes, I think blue or green are my favourite gemstone colours.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could go back in time, I would have bought less small items and just go big on everything! Alas as with everything in life, it takes time to learn various lessons!

Although I have my limits! This ring was the first time the picture of an item made the item look smaller than it really was in real life. Vendor had warned me about the size and measurements were listed on the CAD but it took me a good few minutes to get used to the size. My first instinct when I opened the box was "Omg maybe I've gone too far this time. Why is it so big???"

PXL_20221001_012552273.jpg

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Blues, pinks, and yellows! Big fan of the chunky gems ❤️

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl That heart is just fabulous and if big is you, that ring is really you.

I like CG to be a little bigger than the diamonds I wear, but not too big. Is 7-8 mm slim or chunky?

Favorite color: I found the color I always wanted when I first saw deep, dark, and sparkly purple-black spinels.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Small to medium size gems to me. I have rather short fingers, so space is at a premium!
I like most colours, but am slightly less fond of orange; which is fine, because it doesn’t look good with my skin tone
So my favourite colours are purple, green, blue, red, yellow, orange, in that order.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far the Chunky Monkey's lead

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results