shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your company's policy for sick time/personal day use?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Re: What's your company's policy for sick time/personal day

Zoe|1307526413|2940567 said:
Puppmom -- my husband gets a pool of PTO also. I think it's odd that they lump everything together but they've done it this way for years. I also think it's strange that for the 4th of July, for example, everyone in his dept. takes the day off, but they STILL have to take it out of their PTO bank. It's a national and federal holiday. In my opinion, that day and a few others, shouldn't be grouped in with regular PTO days.

This is how it worked at the company I just left. We got 26 PTO days, but this included all holidays. The office was closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, MLK Day, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. Most everyone worked MLK day and used that PTO day as a floating holiday. I rarely get sick and even if I wasn't feeling great, I home officed with that job so never actually took a sick day. I had enough time off to take a week's vacation every spring, another in the late summer and still take a ton of random Fridays off. It was use it or lose it and I refused to lose one day!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Re: What's your company's policy for sick time/personal day

April20|1307647364|2941864 said:
Zoe|1307526413|2940567 said:
Puppmom -- my husband gets a pool of PTO also. I think it's odd that they lump everything together but they've done it this way for years. I also think it's strange that for the 4th of July, for example, everyone in his dept. takes the day off, but they STILL have to take it out of their PTO bank. It's a national and federal holiday. In my opinion, that day and a few others, shouldn't be grouped in with regular PTO days.

This is how it worked at the company I just left. We got 26 PTO days, but this included all holidays. The office was closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, MLK Day, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. Most everyone worked MLK day and used that PTO day as a floating holiday. I rarely get sick and even if I wasn't feeling great, I home officed with that job so never actually took a sick day. I had enough time off to take a week's vacation every spring, another in the late summer and still take a ton of random Fridays off. It was use it or lose it and I refused to lose one day!!!

My mom's company went to this policy--no differentiation between sick days and vacation days, just one lump sum of PTO days. She works at a company where you can't really work from home, so everybody started coming into work sick (so as not to have to use their PTO days) and it became such an issue that the company actually went BACK to having separate vacation and sick days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results