shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your BMI?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it's rude to ask someone's weight . . . what's your BMI?

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Mine is 31.5.
What's yours?

Don't be shy.
I won't tell anyone.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mine's 17.7.

Its in the unhealthy, underweight range, but my doctor told me to ignore it because it doesn't take body type in to account.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
BMI is a worthless tool. Have a low BMI and be skinny-fat w/no musculature and you're "healthier" than someone who has a higher BMI and barely any body fat?

When my brother was talking to a recruiter about joining the Navy, they were on the phone, and he had to give his height/weight and the recruiter was HORRIFIED at his BMI. And then my brother said, I should mention I'm a body builder. And that's quite obviously a whole different story w/BMI.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is 21.5

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My BMI is 21. Smack in the middle of healthy range. I think it's pretty accurate for me. I'm not a couch potato, nor a body builder, so I'm pretty sure my muscle to fat ratio is decent.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
23.4 and pregnant.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
22, but I'm probably less fit than I was when I weighed 10 lbs. more, given that the 10 lbs. was muscle weight when I used to do light circuit training.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I have really nice hair. that is all.

in all seriousness...I'm in the 24 range. This has never been an accurate assessment tool for me. I've got a lot of muscle.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1320970470|3059064 said:
BMI is a worthless tool. Have a low BMI and be skinny-fat w/no musculature and you're "healthier" than someone who has a higher BMI and barely any body fat?

When my brother was talking to a recruiter about joining the Navy, they were on the phone, and he had to give his height/weight and the recruiter was HORRIFIED at his BMI. And then my brother said, I should mention I'm a body builder. And that's quite obviously a whole different story w/BMI.

BMI is worthless only to people that exercise regularly.

Hence it is a wonderful tool for 99.9% of the world :knockout:

Yeah but I'm with you on how crap it is as a measurement. I'm 25.4 - not that it means anything.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
27.6 but it was 29.4 2 months ago before I started my "tribal" diet.

And was 21.3 when I came to this country. I gained 40 lbs during my first year in the USA.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
19.4 and finally back to my pre pregnancy weight.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
19.8 - let's see how long it lasts now that I'm pregnant.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
After a friend of mine who is absolutely at a healthy weight told me she was on the borderline of healthy and overweight according to the BMI scale, I think BMI is completely useless as a measure of health!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Considering BMI is also a reflection of how much you weigh and this is a site with mostly women, only the thin/"healthy" (if you prefer) ones will reveal their BMIs ;-)

That said, mine is much less than it was at the beginning of the year and I have worked really hard to get it down all year long :praise:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Mine is 18.9, but I consider myself to be a fairly unhealthy person, unfortunately. I've only just started regular exercise and I eat poorly. WIthout good genetics, I'd definitely be seeing different numbers. :knockout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think BMI indicates good health or poor health but rather it is just another number to evaluate in the scheme of many other things to evaluate. As other posters have said you can be thin and be unhealthy and you can be heavy and still be healthy. Many other factors come into play here.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine says 20.3 but I dont really believe it. I think it is probably higher. I am one of those people who looks thin enough but
in reality I dont exercise or workout. :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1321020314|3059559 said:
Mine says 20.3 but I dont really believe it. I think it is probably higher. I am one of those people who looks thin enough but
in reality I dont exercise or workout. :(sad

BMI isn't really about exercise and health. Just a number that indicates your weight/height ratio and in reality is not an indicator of health. As I posted before it is just one number that in combo with others may provide helpful info but by itself is really not that informative.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is 24.3, so I guess I'm almost overweight according to their standards. Which, ha. I wear a US size 6 or 8, and am above average height and by my standards am a perfectly healthy size and work out 3-4 times a week. As others have said, BMI is not a good measure of health since it doesn't take into account body composition. I carry a lot of muscle and that inflates my BMI.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
22.9, smack dab in the middle of the healthy range for my height, but I'm often told that I'm skinny, which also pisses me off. I work out and I work hard to be healthy and to have a muscular build. To be told that I'm "skinny" or to "eat a hamburger" pisses me off to no end.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
mrswahs said:
22.9, smack dab in the middle of the healthy range for my height, but I'm often told that I'm skinny, which also pisses me off. I work out and I work hard to be healthy and to have a muscular build. To be told that I'm "skinny" or to "eat a hamburger" pisses me off to no end.

THANK YOU!!!!! People are always telling me I need to eat a cheeseburger or asking me if I eat. I am at a normal weight for my height so I don't get it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1321022466|3059591 said:
mrswahs said:

THANK YOU!!!!! People are always telling me I need to eat a cheeseburger or asking me if I eat. I am at a normal weight for my height so I don't get it.

So rude. It's hard for me to understand how this is OK. It's the same thing as saying to someone oh you're too fat. You should eat less cheeseburgers! :angryfire:
It is *not* OK to comment on other people's weight unless specifically asked by the individual. Sigh. Not sure what is wrong with some people.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
fiery|1321014975|3059486 said:
Considering BMI is also a reflection of how much you weigh and this is a site with mostly women, only the thin/"healthy" (if you prefer) ones will reveal their BMIs ;-)

Big, FAT ditto lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results