shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your biggest guilty pleasure?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:03:31 PM
Author: Linda W
Lisa and Skippy,

www.figis.com sells them

Linda
You are such a smart shopper and enabler Linda
11.gif
31.gif

Lisa, Linda found what you are looking for
27.gif
I hear you though; I need to do spot reducing.
39.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 10:41:04 PM
Author: Gypsy
Okay so I have a frequent guilty indulgences:
GOOD romance and chick lit Novels. Mmmmmmm. Like chocolate for me.
Flowers. I love fresh flowers.

But if we are talking once in a blue moon stuff... tasting menus at really fabulous (pricey) restuarants paired with a wine flight to match. That''s my guiltiest and most decadent. 5 star amazing restuarants and the chef''s tasting menu. OH BABY.
I''m with you on the tasting menu with a suitable wine flight!!!

We''ve never done that; now it''s moving to the top of my to-do list!
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lazy Sundays.

There are so many Sunday when I SHOULD be grading essays or creating fabulous new lessons, but I sleep in, take my doggies for a long and leisurely stroll, and spend the rest of the day in PJs instead. I relish my lazy Sundays. I don''t have them often, but I definitely enjoy them when I do.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:06:02 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 4/24/2008 11:02:48 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 4/24/2008 10:53:19 PM
Have you tried the secret Nutella sandwich at Relish?? If not you got to try it; Now that thing is yummy!
18.gif
I loved Nutella on crepes in Paris, yummy!
I''d never even heard of Relish. I just read up on it, and it totally sounds like a place I could talk BF into going to. Whats in the Nutella sandwich?
(I used Nutella as a cake filling one time, and ate all the leftovers myself. I LOVE NUTELLA. LOVE IT. Yum!)
It is Nutella on a baguette, banana''s, a little bit of cinnamon and sugar pressed in Panini Grill thing; all the girls from my firm love eating at Relish. The sandwich comes out warm and delicious!!! That place is yummy but I try to stay away as it is very naughty
11.gif
3.gif
ETA: they are only open for lunch and closed for Dinner and on Sunday''s.
Um, YUM! I''m totally going to hit it up as soon as school is over!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:09:00 PM
Author: isaku5

But if we are talking once in a blue moon stuff... tasting menus at really fabulous (pricey) restuarants paired with a wine flight to match. That''s my guiltiest and most decadent. 5 star amazing restuarants and the chef''s tasting menu. OH BABY.

30.gif

Oh honey. Make go on Zagat, or whatever place you rely on for food reviews. Make a list of restuarants you want to try. Call them up and ask them if they have tasting menus and a REALLY GOOD sommelier and wine list/celler to match wines with your meal. Make a reservation to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a meal. Have some light meals that day (salads, fruits)... Get dressed up. Forget about the $$ and plan to spend 3 hours on a meal to die for and be game for whatever the chef puts in front of you (some places will ask you if you have any things you REALLY love, other''s don''t). Enjoy.

Love it. We''ve done it in Las Vegas and in DC. Never in NY or SF. It''s on the list. After the wedding. LOL.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Daily:

PS...there are so many other things I should be doing, but I have to get my PS fix while nobody''s watching throughout the day!

Truly guilty pleasures:

Reading trashy romance novels until 3 AM and then sleeping in on the weekends.

Oreos and ice-cold milk...I have to limit my purchases as I can down a whole sleeve of them w/out blinking!

A nap in the middle of the day on the weekend after a busy work week.

My FI and I sharing a bacon, egg & provolone breakfast bagel at the coffee shops on the weekends I see him, which are too far and few between, which is unfortunate for us, but fortunate for my waistline!!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i forgot one - a big gulp filled half with sunkist orange soda and half with minute made limeade. it is pure, unadulterated, sour sugary heaven

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 12:17:10 AM

30.gif

Oh honey. Make go on Zagat, or whatever place you rely on for food reviews. Make a list of restuarants you want to try. Call them up and ask them if they have tasting menus and a REALLY GOOD sommelier and wine list/celler to match wines with your meal. Make a reservation to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a meal. Have some light meals that day (salads, fruits)... Get dressed up. Forget about the $$ and plan to spend 3 hours on a meal to die for and be game for whatever the chef puts in front of you (some places will ask you if you have any things you REALLY love, other''s don''t). Enjoy.

Love it. We''ve done it in Las Vegas and in DC. Never in NY or SF. It''s on the list. After the wedding. LOL.
I''m ashamed to say that we''ve had many opportunities to do just that, but always passed. That is going to be so over!!!! Already on the list were a number champagnes I''ve always wanted to buy/try. So far only two have been ticked off - A special bottle of Veuve Cliquot was first (excellent!) and then Belle Epoque Perrier Jouet (excellent!). I''ve heard so much about Dom from my SIL who thinks it''s by far the best, that it''s on the to-try list as is Tatinger. Any other champagne recommendations are welcome
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
McDonalds. It's terrible. All someone has to do is bring it up and my craving cannot be controlled until I get my fix!!
38.gif
It's soooo bad.

Also, reading PS all day at work when I should be, um, working.
12.gif

And Victoria's Secret. All my underthings are from there. I have a problem.

And I'm with everyone else on the trashy reality tv. On Sundays the station doesn't move from Top Model until BF complains that it's been on for the last 4 hours.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
UH OH!!! I love McDonalds too, especially their frenchfries. I am not supposed to eat those either, but they are the BEST!!!

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 2:14:17 PM

30.gif

I''m ashamed to say that we''ve had many opportunities to do just that, but always passed. That is going to be so over!!!! Already on the list were a number champagnes I''ve always wanted to buy/try. So far only two have been ticked off - A special bottle of Veuve Cliquot was first (excellent!) and then Belle Epoque Perrier Jouet (excellent!). I''ve heard so much about Dom from my SIL who thinks it''s by far the best, that it''s on the to-try list as is Tatinger. Any other champagne recommendations are welcome
30.gif
I''ve heard Cristal is very nice. I have a friend that goes on about it quite a bit.

I have ''bad'' taste in champagne. I don''t like Brut, I like Extra Dry. But I love the extra dry.

Post about your chef''s menu experience when you have it. I''d love to hear about it.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 3:09:21 PM
Author: Linda W
UH OH!!! I love McDonalds too, especially their frenchfries. I am not supposed to eat those either, but they are the BEST!!!

Linda
Yes! Now I have to get some this weekend! Arg!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 3:13:50 PM

Date: 4/25/2008 2:14:17 PM

30.gif

30.gif
I''ve heard Cristal is very nice. I have a friend that goes on about it quite a bit.

I have ''bad'' taste in champagne. I don''t like Brut, I like Extra Dry. But I love the extra dry.

Post about your chef''s menu experience when you have it. I''d love to hear about it.
Oh, yes, the uber-expensive Cristal!! How could I forget that one??? I find it interesting that DD and DSIL have enjoyed all the finest champagnes, but none are offered when either side of the family visits; it is theirs alone. Whatever...
7.gif

Both champagnes were gifts to me from DH; however when we all got together, I brought out the champagne so that everyone could have a taste (6 adults).

DH isn''t a champagne lover, but he drinks the good stuff to be sociable. He doesn''t have to be sociable on my behalf; I would gladly drink his portion too.
3.gif

Since our DS and DDIL wouldn''t think of spending $$$ on champagne unless it''s a company expense, we''ll share our Cristal, Dom, and Tatinger with them. So there.

A few years ago we were on a vacation in Barbados, and a couple of times visited a restaurant called "Champs" where all champagnes were sold by the glass. What was I thinking???
29.gif
That would have been the time to do a taste comparison as we had to take a taxi back to the resort anyway.
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guilty pleasures are anything that might not be good or educational for me. Some examples: french fries deep-fried in peanut oil, pizza with extra cheese or stuffed pizza from the neighborhood joint, trashy novels (not bodice-rippers, just not actual literature), reality t.v., too much time on the internet, wine, and beer.

spike13

Shiny_Rock
The shu uemura and mac makeup counters, even better -- the boutique stores!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds are my first, but one guilty pleasure I have is alchol, I do love to have a good drink, know my DR. doent like this, but whatever.

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Sephora... It is like a crack den to me. I could spend hours in there and come out with a bill larger than my mortgage payment. Thank goodness there is not one on my way home from work!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sephora on line does it for me too late at night! Lots of crap coming to my house from late night binges!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sephora is like a crack den huh? I''m glad we don''t have one here, it''d be like an opium den for me-I''d go into a trance like state and come to with my bank account at a negative balance. MAC is bad enough...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 3:39:12 PM
Author: diamondfan
Sephora on line does it for me too late at night! Lots of crap coming to my house from late night binges!
I love it too because you can buy online and they give you samples which rocks!!! hehe
3.gif

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 4:56:12 PM

Date: 4/26/2008 3:39:12 PM
Author: diamondfan
I love it too because you can buy online and they give you samples which rocks!!! hehe
3.gif
The samples are great! A co-worker gave me a gift card there for helping her on a project so I placed another order this morning. DH said he would like to have a talk with her b/c that just gives me an excuse to order even more.

FrekeChild- I''m sure you can do some damage with MAC as well... I sure know I can!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s hard for me to think of a guilty pleasure because I really don''t feel guilty about anything!
11.gif
But I want to play, so here goes:

Shopping-I buy pretty much whatever I want, especially if it''s from the store I work at. (I''m the buyer so a lot of times I''ll want something I picked out forever ago for months, and when it finally comes in I buy it immediately!)

Eating out-I don''t cook at all so I eat out at least once a day (always lunch), sometimes two or even three times a day if I''m being extra bad!

Candy/sweets-I basically binge on candy or cookies until they''re gone! I will eat an entire box of Samoa Girl Scout cookies in one sitting. Luckily I still have a good metabolism, because I know my binges will have to stop once it slows down! (I do play soccer 4 times a week, so I shouldn''t die from a heart attack anytime soon!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results