shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your 2 favorite colored gemstones?

What's your 2 favorite colored gemstones?

• Alexandrite

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Amber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amethyst

• Andalusite

• Apatite

• Aquamarine

• Chrysoberyl

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Citrine

• Coral

• Emerald

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Fire Opal

• Garnet

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Jade

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Kunzite

• Lapis

• Moonstone

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Morganite

• Opal

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Peridot

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Red Beryl

• Ruby

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 55 50.0%
  • Sphene

• Spinel

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Tanzanite

• Topaz

• Tourmaline

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Turquoise

• Zircon

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Coloured diamond

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Other

• Total voters

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks - garnet was there as an option, though it's not specifc. Do you have a favorite sapphire color?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ruby and spinel!
Though I saw all the options and had a mini Gollum panic of 'how can you ask me to choose a precious?!' :eek-2::lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzanite & Pink Sapphire for me, although I think all coloured stones are lovely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coloured diamonds for sure. Not sure what will be my second since I love too many different ones for various reasons.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i love so many! even though, i voted for 2 (color diamonds and sapphire), i love lots of gemstones!

color diamonds. really because i fear wearing softer gems on my hands because i am constantly wearing rings. i don't want to worry about babying anything. so color diamonds are nice for that

although, corundum is probably going to be alright, in terms of hardness. i love ALL the colors sapphires come in. sapphire is mr. big fat facet's birthstone

i love a nice unheated red ruby as it is my birthstone

LOVE an emerald but as they are fragile. will probably reserve it for a pendant

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires for their variety of color and hardness. Yum.

I do just love a big, mysterious blue moonstone. They've been one of my fave stones since I was a kid. My preference lately has been seeing them laying gently in a bed of diamonds, like an OMC halo :kiss2: I don't own one yet - but I know I will.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both pink and blue diamonds..My second is sapphire..but a denim blue color..

voce

Ideal_Rock
I picked ruby and spinel as well, although emerald came in very close.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
What an incredibly tough question. I am quite obsessed with different shades of blue so I went with sapphire and tourmaline, but that meant that I had to turn my back on aquamarine and tanzanite. I like mint garnet too....And well a sunny yellow diamond complimented by sparkly white diamonds is a beautiful sight to behold.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina,
Violet-blue of tanzanites looks nice next to pinks too, I think I've seen a some pretty PSer rings with that color combination.

@chrono,
I've not actually seen many coloured diamonds in real life, but I've always thought the red ones are really unusual-looking in the way they show the colour. Apparently Swarovski is coming up with its own range of lab-created coloured diamonds - if they are affordable, I might give them a look-in.

@limosun,
Under appreciated and therefore still affordable - as much as I'd like them to get the recognition they deserve, I'm kind of hoping it stays that way or else I won't be able to afford them :)

@elle_71125,
Pink spinels and paraibas must be one of the most intensely colored and neon stones around. I love them too - I've only seen beautiful paraibas in pictures but would like to see one in real life soon.

@Big Fat Facets,
Sapphires do come in some amazing colors don't they - I've been suprised by some unusual and beautiful colors I've seen, I particulalry like ones that seem to sit between two colors - pink/orange, yellow/orange, teal etc.

@annagene12,
A moonstone lying on a bed of diamonds sounds great - a subtle contrast of color and a nice mix of textures.

@MamaBee,
A denim blue sapphire - is that a like a teal color or a light blue?

@voce,
I was thinking yours might be ruby and spinel. Didn't know you loved emeralds too. The blue-green of emeralds seems unique, nothing quite like it, though I also love the blue-green of indicolite tourmalines too.

@Yelena,
"I had to turn my back on aquamarine and tanzanite." :lol:
It's tough isn't it, choosing from amongst so many beauties - I was going to originally make it just 1 favorite stone but found it way too tough so made it 2. But it's still tough :D

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
It seems that sapphire and spinel are going head to head.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I went with emeralds and my second option was either ruby/sapphire, but then some spinels have colours that rival those so that was like a 2 in 1 for me lol. Why can't we have them all? :kiss2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks - garnet was there as an option, though it's not specifc. Do you have a favorite sapphire color?

yes! i love:

classic blue sapphire, not too dark, id call it a medium blue

purple/violet, again not too dark

padpardscha, this one is tricky, i surmise that it really must be assessed in person (which can be very inconvenient) as its subtle and closer to flesh tone. to determine if the particular pad youve chose looks good on an individual and their skintone (overtone and undertone)

pink

i can go on. but i will stop now

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked sapphire and garnet. I like bright royal blue sapphires and tsavorite garnets the best. I of course wouldn’t turn my nose up at any of them.

This is an impossible question!! Haha. I picked emerald - which is my absolute, all time fav and for the second place I went with tourmaline (though I specifically love paraiba tourmaline). Close contenders would be ruby, fire opal, and buttery soft yellow diamond.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's impossible to choose. If I must, First I choose opal because of the glorious colors in a beautiful opal. They are breathtaking beyond what any photo can show. Second choice is harder because I love blue so much so any beautiful blue stone makes my heart skip. Blue Zircon, Aquamarine, Blue Sapphire, Turquoise and of course blue diamonds. Nothing would beat that so I choose blue diamond. But know I love all blue stones.

cartieropalinthekitchen.png

I don't have a blue diamond....yet. :)

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
It's impossible to choose. If I must, First I choose opal because of the glorious colors in a beautiful opal. They are breathtaking beyond what any photo can show. Second choice is harder because I love blue so much so any beautiful blue stone makes my heart skip. Blue Zircon, Aquamarine, Blue Sapphire, Turquoise and of course blue diamonds. Nothing would beat that so I choose blue diamond. But know I love all blue stones.

cartieropalinthekitchen.png

I don't have a blue diamond....yet. :)

Fabulous :kiss2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blood red rubies and any color sapphires!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire was one obvious choice but close call between spinel, tourmaline (paraiba) and ruby for the second choice.

Wonder if Paraiba would have gotten more votes if it had a separate category?

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Sapphire was one obvious choice but close call between spinel, tourmaline (paraiba) and ruby for the second choice.

Wonder if Paraiba would have gotten more votes if it had a separate category?

Yes I would have expected more tourmaline votes given how popular paraibas are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results