shape
carat
color
clarity

What's with all the firearms here?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bbb.com has covered over-zealous police in the UK. Apparently there was a crackdown on Easter candy, according to this BBC article. LOL! https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52090441

Like everywhere, there has been some confusion. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52097797

I thought farmers and other people who work the land can have guns? I remember that because of the infamous Tony Martin case. Where would someone like him have gotten a gun? I'm curious. How do farmers get them, and people who like to shoot for sport? I thought the UK had a whole hunting/shooting set.Where do the royal family get their guns from? They are famously into shooting. Also, 10,000 firearms incidents is a lot for a country which doesn't sell guns. There must be quite the black market for them! One wonders where they get the ammo from, too, if it's not officially sold. (Since you need a much larger supply of ammo than guns.) If the UK doesn't sell guns, I'm just wondering how there's an enthusiasm for blood sports.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bbb.com has covered over-zealous police in the UK. Apparently there was a crackdown on Easter candy, according to this BBC article. LOL! https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52090441

Like everywhere, there has been some confusion. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52097797

I thought farmers and other people who work the land can have guns? I remember that because of the infamous Tony Martin case. Where would someone like him have gotten a gun? I'm curious. How do farmers get them, and people who like to shoot for sport? I thought the UK had a whole hunting/shooting set.Where do the royal family get their guns from? They are famously into shooting. Also, 10,000 firearms incidents is a lot for a country which doesn't sell guns. There must be quite the black market for them! One wonders where they get the ammo from, too, if it's not officially sold. (Since you need a much larger supply of ammo than guns.) If the UK doesn't sell guns, I'm just wondering how there's an enthusiasm for blood sports.

See my reply to your other post - I cover gun ownership in the UK on there :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha. Thanks, Alex!

The US is so big that it's difficult to generalize. In Massachusetts, gun control is really strict, and you don't see guns or gun shops around. Other states also have strict controls, like keeping guns in special cabinets like you mention, required training, etc. etc. Then some states are lax. It depends so heavily on where you live. The US is almost like a collection of small countries. Life is extremely different in, say, Massachusetts and South Dakota. So different that the two feel like being in different countries! Just an example.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because you're a sophomoric child. And it doesn't matter who I support, this is about you and your cronies thinking you can bully another based on their opinion. You're nothing more than an immature girl. I'm done with you and your cronies and will not allow you to bully and laugh at me - I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are entitled to yours. Grow up and realize that everyone doesn't agree with you and because they don't, it doesn't mean that they are less of a person. I am done with you and your cronies - so ridiculous and childish. Agree to disagree. It can save you a lot of anguish. I wish you well. :wavey:

Frankly, you should thank me for giving you exactly what you wanted. Everyone handled you with kitten mittens and had nothing but kind things to say to you when you complained (without basis) that you were being shamed by Callie. Your response was not to say a thing to those people, but to come here and carry on again like you’re some kind of martyr.

I’m pretty sick and tired of the conservatives on this board complaining about how mean the liberals are when some of the worst lies, deflections, and vitriol have come from them.

Hi. I think we liberals are going to lose the sexual predator card if we support Biden without allowing his accuser her day in court. I started a thread on this but the consensus seems to be that we can look the other way for Biden.
Maybe @Queenie60 can look up your quote in that thread

I’ll save you and her the trouble and put it right here. If his accuser wants her day in court, then she can go through the proper legal channels, or you can rally up the Republicans and demand a Congressional hearing. I don’t think that’s going to satisfy you because it seems to me that what you really want is for people to be outraged with you. Good luck with that.

I simply do the math. I ask myself, which is worse? Having a president in the White House with multiple, credible allegations of sexual assault against him over a period of decades? Or the candidate who has a single questionable accusation of sexual assault against him?

In an ideal world, I would be more of a purist, and not let any allegations of sexual assault go on answered for, but quite frankly the Republicans sure as hell do not play by those standards and I don’t see why Democrats should either. They’ve done this with Trump, with Kavanaugh, and just about any other Republican who’s been accused of assault. I just don’t see the point of taking the high road because they’re dragging us all down into the swamp anyway.

Q

Queenie60

Frankly, you should thank me for giving you exactly what you wanted. Everyone handled you with kitten mittens and had nothing but kind things to say to you when you complained (without basis) that you were being shamed by Callie. Your response was not to say a thing to those people, but to come here and carry on again like you’re some kind of martyr.

I’m pretty sick and tired of the conservatives on this board complaining about how mean the liberals are when some of the worst lies, deflections, and vitriol have come from them.

I’ll save you and her the trouble and put it right here. If his accuser wants her day in court, then she can go through the proper legal channels, or you can rally up the Republicans and demand a Congressional hearing. I don’t think that’s going to satisfy you because it seems to me that what you really want is for people to be outraged with you. Good luck with that.

Why are you so hateful? Put on your big girl pants and live and let live. You don't know me - you seem to be so very angry at me and any other conservative or person that doesn't see everything your way. I am sorry for you that you're carrying around so much hate due to political views. Must be quite painful.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A gentle reminder that we have an ignore button. You're being deliberately baited at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I was thinking there are several people who would turn to stone if the sun came up.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gentle reminder that we have an ignore button. You're being deliberately baited at this point.

You’re right. I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that the only thing she wanted was to play the martyr and make personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T - I am just going to respond to your original question and not the 12 pages of replies to your question.

I think the reason is that US citizens are trying to remind the politicians and government that this country was founded on armed resistance. I am not making a value judgement on this- just answering your question in what I believe is the reason.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 2.05.31 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, so the guns didn’t help?!

Please don't make me laugh when my bladder is full....cleanup on aisle 10.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Georgia open for business tomorrow! Yep, the same Governor who didn't know you could have corona without symptoms. Let's hope these corn nuts don't cross the mason dixon line....

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I hope y'all understand there are stupid people in every state (I've lived in a few...north and south). But mostly there are good people.

I'm not from the south but y'all is such a handy word I haven't been able to give it up.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I read earlier today the protests were registered and stirred up by three brothers with the last name Dodd. I need to find the article.

I found this - very picture heavy, but does mention Dorr brothers organized some of the protests.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you mentioned it, @AprilBaby.. The family name is Dorr. I was about to post about the same thing.

I saw this yesterday

and this today

Much better article than the one I found.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So are these brothers, as Conservatives, supporting for Trump or against Trump?

I'm assuming they're for him, given his series of tweets about opening some States? But not directly working for him, I assume, as that would feel really naughty.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe we should organize a protest of our own. It will be a sit-in. When they open the states to this dangerous situation, we should all stay right where we are. We shouldn’t “revive the economy” as expected. We should take care of ourselves and our own just as we have been doing. When the rest of the people go out and get their hair done and buy their seeds and eventually fall ill, they won’t revive the economy either. Then maybe the president and his team will see the flaw in his plan.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe we should organize a protest of our own. It will be a sit-in. When they open the states to this dangerous situation, we should all stay right where we are. We shouldn’t “revive the economy” as expected. We should take care of ourselves and our own just as we have been doing. When the rest of the people go out and get their hair done and buy their seeds and eventually fall ill, they won’t revive the economy either. Then maybe the president and his team will see the flaw in his plan.

I wish this would work. I am apprehensive we are returning to the work force and life as we knew it/know it too soon. The second wave will be worse than the first no doubt if we look to history and what happened during the pandemic of 1918/1919. SMH because I can see in slow motion the disastrous effects of what is about to happen...I see it very clearly. :(

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This article was worth a read. I may have to send that on to some of my people IRL. Thank you for posting it! :read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope y'all understand there are stupid people in every state (I've lived in a few...north and south). But mostly there are good people.

It's just that in the northeast when we elect them (like Governor LePage in Maine) we feel deep shame. (No, I am not from Maine!) We tend to like Massachusetts and the Boston model. I like Mike Barnicle of "The Boston Globe".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results