shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all feminists...what next?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a liberal. And I’m disappointed in The fact that Biden is our choice given that a woman is alleging that he sexually assaulted her. As a feminist, I can’t look the other way. I would not be true to my convictions. I would be a sell -out. No. Not gonna resort to if Trump backers can look the other way... because that would strip me of my essence of being a liberal. I know many posters are feminist liberals and I would love to hear how your thoughts.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
i am disturbed by the allegations against Biden as well. I so wanted Warren. And Klobechar was my second choice. However, I will still vote for Biden given that he is the only chance to get Trump out of the White House. I am not happy with Biden, but I feel I have no choice but to vote for him given that Trump is the other choice.I

I remember sitting in my office in the early 90's listening to Anita Hill testify and the disgusting way she was treated. That keeps replaying in my mind with Biden as the nominee.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i am disturbed by the allegations against Biden as well. I so wanted Warren. And Klobechar was my second choice. However, I will still vote for Biden given that he is the only chance to get Trump out of the White House. I am not happy with Biden, but I feel I have no choice but to vote for him given that Trump is the other choice.I

I remember sitting in my office in the early 90's listening to Anita Hill testify and the disgusting way she was treated. That keeps replaying in my mind with Biden as the nominee.

But don’t we have another choice? Am
I naive to think that we should all put on our pussy hats now and demand that his accuser gets her day in court and thereby stick to our convictions? I can see a couple of outcomes. A. He is innocent and our hope is renewed in him. B. He is guilty and we replace him.
Where is our outrage now?
I’m not coming at you personally. I’m reaching out to all feminists to say that we are better than selling out. But maybe I’m too idealistic.

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I know you know that life is not black and white. This is not a question of idealistic, IMO, it is a choice between a larger evil, and saving our democracy. We face these challenges and questions all the time in life. Has not your child either lied or done something against values you believe in. You may be ashamed or embarrassed by what they did, but you look at the many things they do and are the things you love and like about them.
e
Joe Biden may or may not have done what the lady is claiming. I doubt he would have grabbed her by the pussy or raped her. I also believe that men thought this type of behavior was acceptable. Things have changed. Bill Clinton was accused of rape by a credible woman. He was re-elected, and I personally can't stand the man, I believe he was a good President. In fact a very good one.

I hope Joe Biden is not guilty. I can't know. But I will vote for him because the stakes are too important.

Annette

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
She certainly deserves to be heard and if her story is true, that is a problem for me. And I get that women don't come forward even today because they're afraid they won't be believed.But her story has changed, none of the people on Biden's staff that she said she spoke to remember her coming to them with this, and she doesn't speak out (even though he's run before) until he's the likely nominee? (My preferences were for Harris and Warren)

That's my trying to be unbiased answer.

My answer for this election? ANYBODY but Trump. Yes, I would prefer the dems be above accepting even an unproven accusation of sexual impropriety. But in truth, at this time, I don't care about one unproven accusation (though she should still be heard). How many women have accused Trump of sexual assault?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I simply do the math. I ask myself, which is worse? Having a president in the White House with multiple, credible allegations of sexual assault against him over a period of decades? Or the candidate who has a single questionable accusation of sexual assault against him?

In an ideal world, I would be more of a purist, and not let any allegations of sexual assault go on answered for, but quite frankly the Republicans sure as hell do not play by those standards and I don’t see why Democrats should either. They’ve done this with Trump, with Kavanaugh, and just about any other Republican who’s been accused of assault. I just don’t see the point of taking the high road because they’re dragging us all down into the swamp anyway.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We MUST get Trump out and then get back to the normal world where we worry about everything else. This is NOT minimizing the accusation. This is prioritizing what HAS to happen.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect is the enemy of progress I suppose. My priority is getting trump out of office and trying to reclaim the integrity of this country before our government competency devolves any more than it already has.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bill Clinton was accused of rape by a credible woman. He was re-elected, and I personally can't stand the man, I believe he was a good President. In fact a very good one.

I hope Joe Biden is not guilty. I can't know. But I will vote for him because the stakes are too important.

Annette
I agree! Clinton was a very good Prez. And as for Biden's accuser I don't believe the story w/o any proof unlike the Dems try to hang Kavanaugh w/o any proof!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get it. I was a Bernie girl:( But I will vote for a turd sandwich over Trump.
Nahhh, Biden isn't horrible besides his lost of memory. Trump will make Biden look very foolish once they get on the debate stage.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nahhh, Biden isn't horrible besides his lost of memory. Trump will make Biden look very foolish once they get on the debate stage.

I am NOT in love with Biden, but tRump doesn't even need an opponent on stage for tRump to look foolish.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah.....DF....... I don't think Trump is gonna make anyone look stupid except himself. But most of us already know that.

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 9.41.06 AM.png

Oh my goodness :lol: . See I miss all that entertainment because I can’t bear to listen to him talk. :lol: Hundreds of governors calling him.:cheeky:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah.....DF....... I don't think Trump is gonna make anyone look stupid except himself. But most of us already know that.

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 9.41.06 AM.png
SF, I need to order this cake from you! :appl: Thanks!

1587394773423.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a feminist and a tree hugging leftie - if I lived in the US I'd sell out all my values to vote for anyone or anything that could replace Trump. I don't think Trump has ever had the well being of the American people as one of his core values, he is rarely honest and rarely acts with decency - all these things were apparent before this health crisis but have become even more evident during it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness :lol: . See I miss all that entertainment because I can’t bear to listen to him talk. :lol: Hundreds of governors calling him.:cheeky:
If you need more entertainments go listen to Biden... :lol:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting thread nala. You are staying true to your values and I respect that and agree with you. Too bad the conversation has pretty much derailed. We wouldn’t even need this conversation if my presidential hopeful Amy Klobuchar had won the nomination. Instead we have another male that allegedly has abused his power. :((

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
when trump and biden were kids, corporal punishment was considered ok for wives as well as kids.....it's high time for a new generation of leaders, but we're not getting that choice this time around. i agree 100% w/ jpie on this one.

this is from the 50's...we've still got a ways to go....

1587399628668.png

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I am NOT in love with Biden, but tRump doesn't even need an opponent on stage for tRump to look foolish.

Did you hear the briefing yesterday where he kept saying "arousal"?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm disappointed in the response to Biden's candidacy considering that people were calling for Trump's head for similar.

@nala, I applaud you for bringing this up, sticking to what you feel is the best for you. It should be discussed.

You all know how I feel about politics in general and what I feel about the offerings of both the RNC and DNC.

I think that Biden's candidacy is telling; people will in fact accept whatever the hell the DNC/RNC puts forth which is quite disgusting.

Let me be clear; ANYONE stating they'll vote for Biden with this coming out, take your lumps friend because its coming.

Both major parties needs a Clorox bath from top to bottom. The unfortunate fact is that most 99% of politicians are in it for power, money and how to get more of both.

The ones that go in with great ideas and stars in their eyes, come out dead eyed snakes with cash in their pockets.

As a country, we need to do better.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm voting for Biden, I'm an original feminist, I was born in 1952 and experienced ALL or most all harrassment in the 60s and 70s a girl/woman could experience. I view unproven allegations against Biden to be that, unproven..

I recognize that men my age (including Trumpski) lived in a different world than today's #metoo world and they viewed what they did as nothing wrong because men had been doing this behavior for years. So now I hope those men are woke (or the ones still alive).

Life has long ago shown me that there is not black and white, so so so many shades of gray and grey.

I supported Prof Ford, and I felt that the nomination should have been put on hold and investigated, pubs wouldn't do that.

As for Tara Reade, her friend that can corroborate her story needs to publicly come to her defense and speak to the press with what Ms Reade told her 27 years ago. Reade's brother has corroborated that she told him that Biden 'made her feel uncomfortable'.. she filed a police report a week ago (so much for day late and dollar short)..

from the NPR interview and story:

Some details of Reade's account have been inconsistent, and her story has changed over time. In spring 2019, she came forward with an account of Biden touching her shoulder and neck in a way that made her feel uncomfortable, but she never mentioned sexual assault. Then in late March of this year, she went on a left-leaning podcast, The Katie Halper Show, and gave a graphic account of sexual assault similar to what she has told NPR. The story took off on left-wing and right-wing corners of the Internet.

So I read this and say to myself - I'm 67 - why did she change her story? Why did she not tell her brother? why is her friend not coming forth? Then I look at what Biden says.

There are many inconsistencies in her story, and as a woman who was sexually assaulted I can tell you uneqivocally that what happened to me when was 14 (53 years ago more than 1/2 a century) is as CLEAR, HURTFUL, SHAMEFUL, EMBARRASSED, SCARED, and ALONE and many other feelings I had at 14 I still feel and work on. The pain and worry, shame shame shame.. I don't now if I would have ever outed my attacker because I believe he thought it was his just his right to hit me and take me, me a 14 yr old girl him a 18 yr old guy... those were the times - 1967. There was NEVER one second where I thought I should tell my mom, priests, nuns at school, friends because I KNEW they would think I instigated it.

So I read this report and weigh the actions and words and the TIMES...

And Nala, there isnt a day in my life since March 1967 that I don't somehow think about what happened to me, and it took years and years go forgive myself and be mad at ME, me who did nothing wrong but double date with another 14 year old girl and 2 guys who were too old for us to be with but were. It changed me 4ever.

So I will vote for Biden (and he allegedly did nowhere near what happened to me) but until November I will pay close attention to this situation.

For you your choice is easy: don't vote or vote for whoever the libertarians put up or the green party and you can feel good about yourself and your vote. I support that.

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm voting for Biden, I'm an original feminist, I was born in 1952 and experienced ALL or most all harrassment in the 60s and 70s a girl/woman could experience. I view unproven allegations against Biden to be that, unproven..

I recognize that men my age (including Trumpski) lived in a different world than today's #metoo world and they viewed what they did as nothing wrong because men had been doing this behavior for years. So now I hope those men are woke (or the ones still alive).

Life has long ago shown me that there is not black and white, so so so many shades of gray and grey.

I supported Prof Ford, and I felt that the nomination should have been put on hold and investigated, pubs wouldn't do that.

As for Tara Reade, her friend that can corroborate her story needs to publicly come to her defense and speak to the press with what Ms Reade told her 27 years ago. Reade's brother has corroborated that she told him that Biden 'made her feel uncomfortable'.. she filed a police report a week ago (so much for day late and dollar short)..

Some details of Reade's account have been inconsistent, and her story has changed over time. In spring 2019, she came forward with an account of Biden touching her shoulder and neck in a way that made her feel uncomfortable, but she never mentioned sexual assault. Then in late March of this year, she went on a left-leaning podcast, The Katie Halper Show, and gave a graphic account of sexual assault similar to what she has told NPR. The story took off on left-wing and right-wing corners of the Internet.

So I read this and say to myself - I'm 67 - why did she change her story? Why did she not tell her brother? why is her friend not coming forth? Then I look at what Biden says.

There are many inconsistencies in her story, and as a woman who was sexually assaulted I can tell you uneqivocally that what happened to me when was 14 (53 years ago more than 1/2 a century) is as CLEAR, HURTFUL, SHAMEFUL, EMBARRASSED, SCARED, and ALONE and many other feelings or pain and worry, shame shame shame.. I don't now if I would have ever outed my attacker because I believe he thought it was his just his right to hit me and take me, me a 14 yr old girl him a 18 yr old guy... those were the times - 1967. There was NEVER one second where I thought I should tell my mom, priests, nuns at school, friends because I KNEW they would think I instigated it.

And Nala, there isnt a day in my life since March 1967 that I don't somehow think about what happened to me, and it took years and years go forgive myself and be mad.

So I will vote for Biden (and he allegedly did nowhere near what happened to me) but until November I will pay close attention to this situation.

For you your choice is easy: don't vote or vote for whoever the libertarians put up or the green party and you can feel good about yourself and your vote. I support that.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! And I agree, there are many inconsistencies with Reade's story. Her brother's statements alone are troubling.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm disappointed in the response to Biden's candidacy considering that people were calling for Trump's head for similar.

@nala, I applaud you for bringing this up, sticking to what you feel is the best for you. It should be discussed.

You all know how I feel about politics in general and what I feel about the offerings of both the RNC and DNC.

I think that Biden's candidacy is telling; people will in fact accept whatever the hell the DNC/RNC puts forth which is quite disgusting.

Let me be clear; ANYONE stating they'll vote for Biden with this coming out, take your lumps friend because its coming.

Both major parties needs a Clorox bath from top to bottom. The unfortunate fact is that most 99% of politicians are in it for power, money and how to get more of both.

The ones that go in with great ideas and stars in their eyes, come out dead eyed snakes with cash in their pockets.

As a country, we need to do better.

I agree that we need to do better. Anyone who gets into politics gets dirty eventually. Even if they start with the best of intentions.

But what are you suggesting? Not voting for Biden and voting for Trump? I am just trying to understand. Both our choices aren't good but one is much less good than the other. Pick the poison. And IMO Trump is much more dangerous than Biden for our country.

But I am genuinely interested to hear your thoughts re who to vote for. I am open to any suggestions believe me. Who has the chance to win and to make things better? I am thinking whoever Biden chooses as VP will make a big difference because there is a chance he won't finish the presidency for various reasons.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are many inconsistencies in her story, and as a woman who was sexually assaulted I can tell you uneqivocally that what happened to me when was 14 (53 years ago more than 1/2 a century) is as CLEAR, HURTFUL, SHAMEFUL, EMBARRASSED, SCARED, and ALONE and many other feelings I had at 14 I still feel and work on. The pain and worry, shame shame shame.. I don't now if I would have ever outed my attacker because I believe he thought it was his just his right to hit me and take me, me a 14 yr old girl him a 18 yr old guy... those were the times - 1967. There was NEVER one second where I thought I should tell my mom, priests, nuns at school, friends because I KNEW they would think I instigated it.

And Nala, there isnt a day in my life since March 1967 that I don't somehow think about what happened to me, and it took years and years go forgive myself and be mad at ME, me who did nothing wrong but double date with another 14 year old girl and 2 guys who were too old for us to be with but were. It changed me 4ever.

There is so much hypocrisy in this post I can't even. Perhaps you need to review the pages and pages of Kavanaugh threads to which you and many others contributed. I was going to stay out of this thread but not now.

I am surely hoping this issue stops any reference to supposed hypocrisy by Evangelicals.

ETA - I'll bet Al Franken is saying a big WTF now. Dude was railroaded beyond belief.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that we need to do better. Anyone who gets into politics gets dirty eventually. Even if they start with the best of intentions.

But what are you suggesting? Not voting for Biden and voting for Trump? I am just trying to understand. Both our choices aren't good but one is much less good than the other. Pick the poison. And IMO Trump is much more dangerous than Biden for our country.

But I am genuinely interested to hear your thoughts re who to vote for. I am open to any suggestions believe me. Who has the chance to win and to make things better? I am thinking whoever Biden chooses as VP will make a big difference because there is a chance he won't finish the presidency for various reasons.

The reality is that many forget that there are more than the 2 major parties out there. Our news doesn't tend to cover anything outside of the 2 major parties, which is absolutely dismal.

Remember, the Tea Party rose to prominence because people were fed up with the 2 major parties, and they were an outlier. The Tea Party evolved into a party full of crazy wingnuts but that's another story for another thread....lol

Basically I say look outside the major 2 parties, not all the candidates are crazy, some of them are not as problematic But, they also just don't get the press. (some of them ARE crazy though...lol just sayin!)

I vote based on what I know to be true about a candidate at any given time based on the research I put into them. But no matter my party affiliation, I do not vote party, I never have and never will.

Last election I voted my party because they were not only the least problematic, I felt they would have bridged a gap in DC to get R and D to work together.

Our government needs more centrists in it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reality is that many forget that there are more than the 2 major parties out there. Our news doesn't tend to cover anything outside of the 2 major parties, which is absolutely dismal.

Remember, the Tea Party rose to prominence because people were fed up with the 2 major parties, and they were an outlier. The Tea Party evolved into a party full of crazy wingnuts but that's another story for another thread....lol

Basically I say look outside the major 2 parties, not all the candidates are crazy, some of them are not as problematic But, they also just don't get the press. (some of them ARE crazy though...lol just sayin!)

I vote based on what I know to be true about a candidate at any given time based on the research I put into them. But no matter my party affiliation, I do not vote party, I never have and never will.

Last election I voted my party because they were not only the least problematic, I felt they would have bridged a gap in DC to get R and D to work together.

Our government needs more centrists in it.

Is it possible to have more centrists with social media and legacy media polarizing people so much? I don't know any really crazy Rs personally but they do exist where I live. I'm probably much more little l libertarian than many folks around me. My trust of government is not that high either.

The press runs the whole dang show and that tees me off more than anything. I would love to have a Ross Perot type candidate to vote for but they, and the establishment, won't let that happen.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well START, start with what is hypocritical otherwise you are a liar. You may want to change my narrative but you can't. You can't take what happened to me away from me, you can't shame me just like people have shamed women forever. NOPE you cannot make me feel bad because I know what happened to me and I know what is right and I know what I will do and what I did so you go bullying me but it won't work.

There is so much hypocrisy in this post I can't even. Perhaps you need to review the pages and pages of Kavanaugh threads to which you and many others contributed. I was going to stay out of this thread but not now.

I am surely hoping this issue stops any reference to supposed hypocrisy by Evangelicals.

ETA - I'll bet Al Franken is saying a big WTF now. Dude was railroaded beyond belief.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results