clarity

What's with all the firearms here?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D9CB17D3-9A7D-4532-B25D-C45DBEEC07BD.gif

Q

Queenie60

That’s a liberal for you - we like to take the time to back up our statements with facts. ;)2

Catty at best. Glad I can entertain you and your cronies.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you care so much about who is doing it? I could not care less who coordinates the pink hatters or these protesters. So some dude in a basement designs websites.

ETA - they are both protests so one is not more valid or altruistic than the other. Harm is in the eye of the beholder. FTR I think they are stupid for not adhering to social distancing but maybe that is their point as well, I don't know or try to ascribe motive like others do.

I don't care who coordinated the pink hats, either, but you raised the issue to supposedly make a point. The people who created the pink hat did so as a sign of solidarity; they did not organize a protest.

I think it's important to understand who is wielding influence over politics and the direction of the country. Regardless of whether the individual who created websites did so in a basement, It's easy to figure out the affiliation with a little poking around. Right wing organizations have taken credit and responsibility. It's not a grassroots situation.

The protesters themselves are saying things and holding signs that are clear about their position and motive, and the spokespeople are, too. Do you really not know or bother to find out?

If there's no harm or potential harm to self or others, why do you think they are stupid for not adhering to social distancing?

Last edited:
Q

Queenie60

@JPie , @OreoRosies86 - I am glad that I could make your day. I'm appalled at your behavior. I was naive to think that a diamond Forum would attract more sophisticated people. WRONG. Your sophomoric behavior is nothing less than the behavior of a child. I'm done with all of you and don't wish to participate with your bantering. You're ridiculous in my book. Money certainly does not buy class. You're proof of this.
Good day girls.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie , @OreoRosies86 - I am glad that I could make your day. I'm appalled at your behavior. I was naive to think that a diamond Forum would attract more sophisticated people. WRONG. Your sophomoric behavior is nothing less than the behavior of a child. I'm done with all of you and don't wish to participate with your bantering. You're ridiculous in my book. Money certainly does not buy class. You're proof of this.
Good day girls.

You seem extremely angry over a couple of cheeky gifs, as you came back an hour later to keep yelling. PS has a block function. Using it may save you some unnecessary angst.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care who coordinated the pink hats, either, but you raised the issue to supposedly make a point. The people who created the pink hat did so as a sign of solidarity; they did not organize a protest.

I think it's important to understand who is wielding influence over politics and the direction of the country. Regardless of whether the individual who created websites did so in a basement, It's easy to figure out the affiliation with a little poking around. Right wing organizations have taken credit and responsibility. It's not a grassroots situation.

The protesters themselves are saying things and holding signs that are clear about their position and motive, and the spokespeople are, too. Do you really not know or bother to find out?

If there's no harm or potential harm to self or others, why do you think they are stupid for not adhering to social distancing?

But why does it have to be a grassroots organization that started the protest if it’s the ordinary citizens who are showing up to support it?
I Should have prefaced my post by saying that I’m not interested in proving anyone wrong just for the sake of proving to everyone that I am right. I think that these protests signal More than just republican manipulation.
There were two local protests in two different beach cities near me. 200 in one and 500 in today’s. The pictures reflect families who attended with their children. Why would parents jeopardize the health of their children if they didn’t sincerely believe in the cause?

Attachments

• 0392BE4E-80D3-4876-82F2-3B6DECC83919.jpeg
    0392BE4E-80D3-4876-82F2-3B6DECC83919.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 22
  • A90362CC-9696-47B8-9CA4-041B09BE13F1.jpeg
    A90362CC-9696-47B8-9CA4-041B09BE13F1.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 73F73EC2-383E-4701-B62C-5CF60CB8379C.jpeg
    73F73EC2-383E-4701-B62C-5CF60CB8379C.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 0AC0466D-6498-4329-8243-77AB9B715465.jpeg
    0AC0466D-6498-4329-8243-77AB9B715465.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 22
  • E20F16C5-5A29-496B-9912-DFA53E8347D2.jpeg
    E20F16C5-5A29-496B-9912-DFA53E8347D2.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 22

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catty at best. Glad I can entertain you and your cronies.

Would you say with a straight face that your reply to me about finding you interesting and taking time to pull those quotes was not meant to be the least bit catty? I might not be 22 like your daughter, but I wasn’t born yesterday.

Good day girls.

I think it ironic that you’re appalled by some GIFs, but you have no qualms about supporting a man who cheated on his wife with a **** star while said wife was pregnant with their child. I know how much you love it when I substantiate opinions with facts: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1UD18D

I’d argue that’s a better example of money not buying class, but you and I don’t share the same standards of behavior.

Q

Queenie60

Would you say with a straight face that your reply to me about finding you interesting and taking time to pull those quotes was not meant to be the least bit catty? I might not be 22 like your daughter, but I wasn’t born yesterday.

I think it ironic that you’re appalled by some GIFs, but you have no qualms about supporting a man who cheated on his wife with a p*rn star while said wife was pregnant with their child. I know how much you love it when I substantiate opinions with facts: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1UD18D

I’d argue that’s a better example of money not buying class, but you and I don’t share the same standards of behavior.

You're sophomoric as I stated. Why does it matter which candidate I support? This has nothing to do with your sophomoric behavior. It seems that this is about who I support and why I don't agree with you. Just as I said, you're immature at best, good day GIRL. When you can women up, maybe we can talk.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're sophomoric as I stated. Why does it matter which candidate I support? This has nothing to do with your sophomoric behavior. It seems that this is about who I support and why I don't agree with you. Just as I said, you're immature at best, good day GIRL. When you can women up, maybe we can talk.

It absolutely matters if you post things like you think Nancy Pelosi is wicked.

Do you think it is acceptable to sleep with a **** star while your wife is pregnant with your child? It’s not possible to “women up,” but I‘d ask you to woman up and answer my question.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 9.30.13 PM.png

Q

Queenie60

It absolutely matters if you post things like you think Nancy Pelosi is wicked.

Do you think it is acceptable to sleep with a p*rn star while your wife is pregnant with your child? It’s not possible to “women up,” but I‘d ask you to woman up and answer my question.

My answer to you - grow up and move on. Don't you have life situations to focus on? If not, I'm sorry for you.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My answer to you - grow up and move on. Don't you have life situations to focus on? If not, I'm sorry for you.

I think your personal attack would have more impact if you weren’t consistently arguing with me. :lol:

You’re responding with personal insults, calling me immature and sophomoric, while my response is to poke holes in your arguments. When have you had a liberal listening so closely to your every unfounded opinion? You’re welcome.

And seriously, how do you reckon you have the right to scold me and assume the moral high ground when you support a philandering sexual predator?

Q

Queenie60

I think your personal attack would have more impact if you weren’t consistently arguing with me. :lol:

You’re responding with personal insults, calling me immature and sophomoric, while my response is to poke holes in your arguments. When have you had a liberal listening so closely to your every unfounded opinion? You’re welcome.

And seriously, how do you reckon you have the right to scold me and assume the moral high ground when you support a philandering sex offender?

Because you're a sophomoric child. And it doesn't matter who I support, this is about you and your cronies thinking you can bully another based on their opinion. You're nothing more than an immature girl. I'm done with you and your cronies and will not allow you to bully and laugh at me - I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are entitled to yours. Grow up and realize that everyone doesn't agree with you and because they don't, it doesn't mean that they are less of a person. I am done with you and your cronies - so ridiculous and childish. Agree to disagree. It can save you a lot of anguish. I wish you well. :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no doubt at times it is interesting to know who is behind political movements. In fact I look forward to the fruits of your curiosity across the whole of the political spectrum as soon as you gather them. It should be easy as you say and you seem to have a knack for finding the info. Thank you!

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because you're a sophomoric child. And it doesn't matter who I support, this is about you and your cronies thinking you can bully another based on their opinion.
They been doing that to me since 2008... :bigsmile:The next thing they'll do is report you to Ella then put you on their ignore list.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie , @OreoRosies86 Your sophomoric behavior is nothing less than the behavior of a child. I'm done with all of you and don't wish to participate with your bantering.
1237346uf0ylvkf5u.gif . Don't let the liberals get into your head...:bigsmile:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And seriously, how do you reckon you have the right to scold me and assume the moral high ground when you support a philandering sexual predator?

Hi. I think we liberals are going to lose the sexual predator card if we support Biden without allowing his accuser her day in court. I started a thread on this but the consensus seems to be that we can look the other way for Biden.
Maybe @Queenie60 can look up your quote in that thread

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:
ANYWAY...

Seeing the above pictures of children at these rallies is pretty rattling, especially if I were an elderly/compromised relative they might be coming in contact with.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I think we liberals are going to lose the sexual predator card if we support Biden without allowing his accuser her day in court. I started a thread on this but the consensus seems to be that we can look the other way for Biden.
Maybe @Queenie60 can look up your quote in that thread

I think the mainstream media is providing cover for Biden in many ways. From this sexual assault allegation to other issues. It doesn't change who I am going to vote for but yes I agree that his accuser should have her day in court.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The UK isn't a gun-free country. (Tried to use multi-quote, but it didn't work. Alex T. said that the UK is a gun-free country on the first page of this thread. I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if the following point has been made already.) 10k incidents in recent times, according to this article, in a country the size of New England:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not allowed to buy seeds or paint? Wow! Things are pretty strict here right now in the UK, but we can plant things & paint things. That sounds fairly tight & uber-controlled. Definitely only allowed out for essential shopping & essential work, plus exercise once a day, but we can order seeds online (garden centres are closed) & DIY stores are open. What if your tap washer blew? You'd need to be able to source washers.

Hi Alex, a store named Home Depot is open. It's a hardware chain. You can get your tap washers! I was reading in the news the other week that the UK is under a severe lockdown, and that buying paint is considered non-essential. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ve-home-buy-paint-garden-tools-LAVA-LAMP.html

Also, I thought I read something about police in the UK policing people's shopping to make sure they were only buying essential items? I thought the government had to step in and remind the over-enthusiastic police that the stores are free to sell whatever is on their shelves.

I don't understand paint being on the blacklist. Seems to me that re-painting is a great creative, productive way for people to pass the time without going crazy.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the mainstream media is providing cover for Biden in many ways. From this sexual assault allegation to other issues. It doesn't change who I am going to vote for but yes I agree that his accuser should have her day in court.

I was referring to the other thread. Some of the responses indicate that WE not the media, are willing to just turn a blind eye for a number of reasons. I didn’t say anything about the media. If we don’t care to hold Biden accountable, we can no longer accuse Trump voters of supporting a sexual predator because it’s obvious that we are hypocritical when it comes to that value.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:
ANYWAY...

Seeing the above pictures of children at these rallies is pretty rattling, especially if I were an elderly/compromised relative they might be coming in contact with.

I wholeheartedly agree. These pictures change the narrative of this thread. The idea that it’s only gun-toting people or just people who were manipulated by republican robots, as some of you have suggested. These pictures reflect real people who seem to really believe in their cause.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stayed out of this thread on purpose. Frankly I think it needs to be closed. Too many people can't be adults and not attack and this happens all the time. Maybe politics and other hot topic issues should not be discussed here.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The UK isn't a gun-free country. (Tried to use multi-quote, but it didn't work. Alex T. said that the UK is a gun-free country on the first page of this thread. I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if the following point has been made already.) 10k incidents in recent times, according to this article, in a country the size of New England:

Well, technically we ARE gun free actually, so I have to correct you there. There will always be illegal guns smuggled into any country for criminal purposes, but we do not have ANY gun shops & cannot obtain a firearms license as Joe Bloggs from the block.

Only Armed Response Officers have them (the majority of police are only trained to use & carry a Taser) plus farmers for controlling predators or those licensed for pest control. We have Clay Pigeon shooting here, but you don't rock up with your own gun - they are licensed to the centre owner, who is then responsible for your handling whilst shooting Clay's on his property. You can also obtain a license for game shooting, but again, super tight restrictions & guns aren't kept in pockets, purses or bedside draws - they have to be stored in a multi-lock gun cabinet & very secure.

So yes, we get gun deaths & criminal underworld activity, but we are not allowed to "own" guns.

33 deaths from gun crime in one year, up one death from the year before, does not indicate a country who are freely allowed guns.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Alex, a store named Home Depot is open. It's a hardware chain. You can get your tap washers! I was reading in the news the other week that the UK is under a severe lockdown, and that buying paint is considered non-essential. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ve-home-buy-paint-garden-tools-LAVA-LAMP.html

Also, I thought I read something about police in the UK policing people's shopping to make sure they were only buying essential items? I thought the government had to step in and remind the over-enthusiastic police that the stores are free to sell whatever is on their shelves.

I don't understand paint being on the blacklist. Seems to me that re-painting is a great creative, productive way for people to pass the time without going crazy.

This is not true either. As in, rifling through peoples bags as they exit the store??! People are allowed to buy whatever is available in the supermarket when they visit. The police in some areas were involved in initial access restrictions to stores until more security people were hired to manage queues. So far, there has only been one reported incident of an officer overstepping the mark, by telling a family to not play outside in their front garden because it was a very small space & she felt it was risky to elderly neighbours. Her Chief Inspector publically reported that she had been dealt with & fully briefed on social distancing restrictions as a result. The police here have been brilliant - cannot fault hem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results