color
clarity

What's with all the firearms here?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
They sure don't seem to be discouraging him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Likewise for Antifa from my perspective. ;)) Perception is everything.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's kind of crazy to be in that big of a group but I'm not inclined to protest anything. Not my thing.

Kind of crazy.... it’s flipping insane in the middle of a pandemic.
Were you fine with Trump’s LIBERATE MICHIGAN, LIBERATE MINNESOTA, LIBERATE VIRGINIA tweets?

Thank you @mary poppins for posting the information. Very interesting read.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of crazy.... it’s flipping insane in the middle of a pandemic.
Were you fine with Trump’s LIBERATE MICHIGAN, LIBERATE MINNESOTA, LIBERATE VIRGINIA tweets?

Thank you @mary poppins for posting the information. Very interesting read.

These selfish @sshats will guaranteed be the first to be on social media crying about how they can’t be seen at the hospital when they get sick.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink hatter here! :wavey: But if I were in danger of catching a virus that would kill me, or worse yet, transmitting it to someone else who could then die, I'd put that pussy topper away and stay the hell home.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink hatter here! :wavey: But if I were in danger of catching a virus that would kill me, or worse yet, transmitting it to someone else who could then die, I'd put that pussy topper away and stay the hell home.

I think you are awesome and my comment wasn't about pink hatters. But you know that.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are awesome and my comment wasn't about pink hatters. But you know that.

I do Red! And you know my post wasn't directed at you in any mean way! Was just making the point that for ME common sense prevails, regardless of the message, and I would just hope that more people would exercise a little caution, if not only for themselves but for the others that may be harmed.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay , You also probably wouldn’t be standing in your pink hat with an assault rife plastered to your side.

Wouldn't that be a sight?! :lol: Probably blow my own pink ears off trying to figure out which end of it to hold!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do Red! And you know my post wasn't directed at you in any mean way! Was just making the point that for ME common sense prevails, regardless of the message, and I would just hope that more people would exercise a little caution, if not only for themselves but for the others that may be harmed.

Oh how I wish everyone could manage the caution while still being able to take care of their families.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Not grass roots. See my posts #192 and #193 located earlier in this thread.

I do wonder who's behind it. The NRA? I've heard there are links to the DeVos family (Betsy DeVos, Eric Prince) but I haven't seen any evidence.

There is this....https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

this one is where 11 cops were killed by a sniper. I always love the line: Guns don't kill people - people do.. I mean how dumb is that? the gun is a weapon and it kills.. less guns more lives saved.

I don't really know WHO has guns at protests or riots, since we are a gun lovin' gun totin' country maybe everybody has one, we don't know if no one shoots or brandishes.

Please provide a link to a protest where protesters were armed and someone was shot. I will wait here.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a white nationalist shot a gun, it's simple, had there been more tempers flaring who knows what could have happened, an all out gun fight, and I'm waiting for that personally. As the right run around with AR-15's then left will arm themselves to protect themselves against the right wing nutjobs, then someone on EITHER side shoots, freefall, just a matter of time.

No one was shot with any of the firearms. Nothing happens in protests like the one in the OP. Nothing.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The white protestors? sure, since they mowed a bunch of people down. So are you saying the left was rioting?

So you are equating these protesters with rioters?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So!!!!! you see one of the reasons why I did NOT want to come back here, why I left. Nutcases with guns, it's scary, I had a cop tell me that he thought EVERYONE should get a gun at birth, well that scared the bejesus outta me fer sure.. I feel more like I need a gun here in a 1/8th of an acre subdivision than in Maine where I had 2 acres and if some killer came stealthy in the night to kill and rob they could have with ease, that's what living in Texas can feel like, my son and my granddaughter are HERE so I am here, husband couldn't do snow anymore :( :(

Austina will be safe, I'm safe, but I don't know at any given moment if some ahole is going to shoot here and that fear was not in Maine, here it is. Groupthink runs amok in Texas "Well it's in the constitution that we have to right to form a militia, so I can have a gun in case I'm called up into a militia (I mean don't we have a militia called the National Guard?) these people are ignorant, they make my life much more stressful. Yeah yeah people say 'then move' if you are afraid, it's a good point but then I'm not near my sweet granddaughter (the minx!), I have to make choices, we all do. Austina will be living in a part of Austin that is very nice and very community oriented, that's the OTHER part of Texas, people are friendly, not fake friendly like in NC, but really friendly, they are nice neighbors and sweet, she will fit right in and her son and soon to be DIL will be here and maybe a grand down the road (I know @Austina MYOB) there is no state income tax here, Yay! but the local taxes DEFINITELY make up for it, it's a lie that it is cheap here, BUT veggies are cheaper for sure because we are close to Mexico and central America.

DISCLOSURE: I can't wait for Austina to move here and therefore I MAY BE slanted ;-)

love you ladies!

Are you sure you want to move here @Austina? I know I would be giving it a second thought if I didn't already live here. I agree there is much wrong here IMO and guns are just no longer a "right" that people should have. I know this thread isn't about gun control but it's hard not to discuss it when we see what is happening. And don't get me started on our gun violence statistics. :(

"Three-quarters of all U.S. murders in 2017 – 14,542 out of 19,510 – involved a firearm. About half (51%) of all suicides that year – 23,854 out of 47,173 – involved a gun."

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the list. I have been intrigued by Sweden’s approach nonetheless because From what I have read, they are protecting the elderly and vulnerable, number 6 on the list. Also, when shelter in place is over for many of us in the USA , despite everyone’s wishes to run and hug their parents and grandparents, the risks of infecting them will not have changed. I know that my governor keeps mentioning herd immunity as a final necessity to living normal lives. In the end, both countries will have lost a considerable amount of lives—inevitably. The question will become—who will go back to normalcy and I know that we certainly will not. I know that you like to post the stats. What do you glean from Sweden’s numbers verses ours? Even if they are a country of 10 million vs our at 330 million, I think we can still draw conclusions. I do wish they would publish the statistics behind the deaths in terms of underlying conditions, ages, etc.

Epidemiologists in Europe are rather of the opinion that it is not possible to protect risk groups adequately if a too high percentage of the population is contagious. This Virus is highly contagious. You cannot keep it out of the nursing homes /cancer treatment centres/ dialysis centers if too many people are involved.

There has been a case study for Germany. 13 % would already have to self quarantine because of age (cut off at 75). If one counts all people with risk factors :
chronic illness, Immunosuppression, diabetes, lung and heart diseases, including obesity, 50 percent of the German population would have to quarantine anyways. In America numbers of people with morbid obesity are higher than in Germany. So the hard truth is that over 50% of Americans can consider themselves in a risk category.

I don't know how many are high risk, but obesity seems to be unfortunately high risk factor.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Epidemiologists in Europe are rather of the opinion that it is not possible to protect risk groups adequately if a too high percentage of the population is contagious. This Virus is highly contagious. You cannot keep it out of the nursing homes /cancer treatment centres/ dialysis centers if too many people are involved.

There has been a case study for Germany. 13 % would already have to self quarantine because of age (cut off at 75). If one counts all people with risk factors :
chronic illness, Immunosuppression, diabetes, lung and heart diseases, including obesity, 50 percent of the German population would have to quarantine anyways. In America numbers of people with morbid obesity are higher than in Germany. So the hard truth is that over 50% of Americans can consider themselves in a risk category.

I don't know how many are high risk, but obesity seems to be unfortunately high risk factor.

Our Deputy Chief Medical Officer also made reference on tonight's live broadcast from Downing Street about obesity. Obviously all of these things are only coming to light with time due to it being a brand new disease, but obesity is now on their risk list. Also they're thinking the black & ethnic minorities might be more vulnerable (in the UK this group only make up 17% of hospitalised cases, but 34% of total deaths) because they are unable to absorb as much Vitamin D3 through their skin, and Vit D3 seems to offer some protection?

It's all very unknown right now & that's the worrying thing. Everybody needs to do their absolute BEST to stop this killer from spreading, as most people don't even know they're carrying it until it's too late for them or somebody they love. Keep washing those hands!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knowing 2 people who were affected and hurt by Newtown this guy makes me sick.

Alex Jones riling up protesters / his followers at Austin protest..

1587310946957.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is patently UNTRUE. As a left leaning American I have experienced America's gifts to the less advantaged, I thank you and them for your belief in me when I was young, it helped me immensely.

I read EVERY right wing post and I find fault with logica or veracity and I post what is counter points.. RIGHT WINGERS never post non partisan information or facts @Queenie60 if I am ever wrong and proven wrong, I say "oops I'm wrong" I learn from right wingers, because for the life of me I cannot understand why they are always 'me' 'me' me' my rights, even though they may hurt ME. So I continue.. If you read back you will see most if not all center and left posters here are usually if not always responding. Keep posting and if you are posting inaccurate info I will post.

Right wingers say "people' are getting this way or that way... the 'constitution' says... there is rarely if ever logic, but I can learn.

And frankly I feel very much put down by the right who think THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES who were ever poor or disadvantaged (I was both and a lot more) the right characterizes the left as elitist when in fact the left is trying to help the right middle and lower middle class so on and on it goes.

Sorry to break it to you - this is not a politically diverse crowd - it's weighted heavily to the left and if you lean more to the right, you're in the minority and the lefties don't care to hear your opinion as they feel theirs to be superior.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it really rich that these same yahoos are all for stomping on my rights to control my body. Also, they carry guns because they do want to intimidate. The bigger the gun the smaller the d@@k.

I read somewhere that pregnant women should demand stimulus checks for their fetuses. That way they can either get the Republicans to admit that a fetus is not a baby, or they get $500!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so you swat him as a mere gnat? he MAKES the attention. The info wars site has approximately 10 million visitors a month (yup TEN MILLION).

he's filth, he should be shut down and never allowed on the air again. EVER.

Alex Jones is an attention seeker and will go where he thinks he can get the most attention.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the list. I have been intrigued by Sweden’s approach nonetheless because From what I have read, they are protecting the elderly and vulnerable, number 6 on the list. Also, when shelter in place is over for many of us in the USA , despite everyone’s wishes to run and hug their parents and grandparents, the risks of infecting them will not have changed. I know that my governor keeps mentioning herd immunity as a final necessity to living normal lives. In the end, both countries will have lost a considerable amount of lives—inevitably. The question will become—who will go back to normalcy and I know that we certainly will not. I know that you like to post the stats. What do you glean from Sweden’s numbers verses ours? Even if they are a country of 10 million vs our at 330 million, I think we can still draw conclusions. I do wish they would publish the statistics behind the deaths in terms of underlying conditions, ages, etc.

I read the article you linked thanks. I think it is too early to know for sure anything concrete. And I think it is way too early to say herd immunity will work with Covid 19. Herd immunity occurs when a high percentage of the community is immune to a disease (through vaccination and/or prior illness) so much so that the vulnerable people will not be at risk of contracting the disease.

I just don't see herd immunity as being an effective way to control Covid 19. At least not in our country with so many people.

The more infectious a virus is, the more people need to be immune for us to achieve herd immunity.
The current rate of spread of Covid 19 is much higher than the ordinary flu and similar to the pandemic of 1918. Which means the end of this epidemic is going to require at least 50% (or 60 or 70%) of the population to be immune. Either from a vaccine (would be ideal if we could get a vaccine), which will take probably at least 2 years to develop) or from an infection. So that would mean billions infected and millions would die. But the slower we keep the spread the more likely we can get vaccines and treatments developed to help.

Right now, as I see it, the only way to prevent infection is to stay away from people who have it. And once we have a vaccination that will provide the immunity we need and protect the vulnerable in the population. The people who wouldn't be able to survive the disease themselves.

And if we leave it now to just letting everyone get it and hoping for herd immunity (before we have a a treatment or vaccine) a stunning amount of people will die. And so many people getting ill will overwhelm hospitals even further. But by slowing it down allowing the hospitals time to get more resources could mean the difference between life and death. Literally.

As for Sweden I agree with you. Where are those stats? We need them to be able to evaluate their situation. And they do have so many less people that I don't think we can extrapolate from Sweden to the USA especially in densely populated areas like NYC. And if you look at Sweden's death rate could you imagine that in our country? How many millions would die from Covid 19?

Anyway the real answer is time will tell. Let's see what happens in Sweden. And truth be told, given our situation in the US we just might end up heading this way since so many are eager to open the country back up business as usual. So in the end we shall see. I just don't see it as a good solution for the US and in time we will see if it did indeed work well for Sweden.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am as always looking at this from an outside perspective.
- trying to understand analyze and learn.

It's very hard to understand for an onlooker why the Covid 19 measures are a partisan issue in the US. The importance of reopening of the economy is maybe a bit more stressed by conservative politicians in Europe. The quarantine measures, however, are not questioned. My in laws are as conservative as they come, my DHs beat friend is very right leaning (hunts, so also armed, which is exceptional over here) my sils friend is a Marxist (you read that right..they still exist) - nobody questions that it's their duty to stay at home for others' health. People who question the necessity are conspiracy theorists at the very fringe of society. :doh:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to break it to you - this is not a politically diverse crowd - it's weighted heavily to the left and if you lean more to the right, you're in the minority and the lefties don't care to hear your opinion as they feel theirs to be superior.

We hear your opinions, and we prefer to point out the factual inaccuracies. Do I think facts are superior to uninformed opinions? Certainly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am as always looking at this from an outside perspective.
- trying to understand analyze and learn.

It's very hard to understand for an onlooker why the Covid 19 measures are a partisan issue in the US. The importance of reopening of the economy is maybe a bit more stressed by conservative politicians in Europe. The quarantine measures, however, are not questioned. My in laws are as conservative as they come, my DHs beat friend is very right leaning (hunts, so also armed, which is exceptional over here) my sils friend is a Marxist (you read that right..they still exist) - nobody questions that it's their duty to stay at home for others' health. People who question the necessity are conspiracy theorists at the very fringe of society. :doh:

Because everything in the USA becomes a partisan issue. The press has a large part in this but still it is truth. Everything here becomes a partisan issue.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because everything in the USA becomes a partisan issue. The press has a large part in this but still it is truth. Everything here becomes a partisan issue.

:(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results