shape
carat
color
clarity

What's This on This IS and ASET?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'd like some of your expert's opinion about the ASET and IS image of a diamond. Look at the 2 light spots at 11 oclock and 5 oclock in these pics. Is that leakage caused by asymmetry in the cut is something to do with the big feather near the girdle?

Thanks! :wavey:

IS-cropped.jpg

ASET-cropped.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably leakage.

Check if it is there on the gemadviser file?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Probably leakage.

Check if it is there on the gemadviser file?

I'm looking at the gemadvisor file and can't see anything. Can you take a look, because I haven't used gemadvisor much and don't really know what I'm supposed to see. Here's the link. http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7379 .

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, it is there.

Just change the lighting to IS, ASET or leakage and you can see it.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Ya, it is there.

Just change the lighting to IS, ASET or leakage and you can see it.

Hmmmm, interesting. So how's this going to look IRL?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks a lot like a feather or something, like my feather inclusions - small area that doesn't return light, doesn't sparkle..

IS_GIA2106541738.jpg

DI40X_GIA2106541738.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably you will not notice it unless you look at it with one eye closed, advantage of stereo vision. Check the cut quality of the gemadviser, the stereo has a better score than mono. Play the animation, with IS lighting, and notice how the leakage disappear with with a tilt?

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
The green areas in the ASET are the result of inclusions (feather, cavity or crystals) these inclusions are also being reflected in other parts of the diamond as well.
I don't know, the size or shape of the inclusion as the scan lost that information from the AGS report.

Noone could tell you how eye clean or durable it is without asking the vendor to visually inspect it.
The sarin scan and generated images will not help you in this case as they do not account properly for inclusions.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
From the AGS plot it appears to be pavilion side.
As an I1 you may be able to both mask and protect the stone with a prong or half rubbed in bezel etc in that region.

BTW folks - never ever try to grade clarity with reflecors ASET or Ideal-scope - never!!!!
you will miss some and see too much of others (like this one).

But this is a hard to find size.

I would insist the vendor does the setting at their risk however.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results