shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the most challenging event you ever experienced and...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My most challenging time, before what I am going through now, was the loss of my beloved parents six weeks apart. It was all quite surprising and they were young. It happened so fast. I was alone in dealing with this, save my DH, and the aftermath. I was absolutely crushed. Mom was my bff and they lived two miles away, so a huge part of my and my children’s lives. I still grieve.
I’m being challenged now as some may of you may know. An infection has caused me to be hospitalized three times with three surgeries, two at-home picc IV lines and hyperbaric chamber treatments in the last eight months. So, while this is very challenging, losing the folks was much harder.

@missy, you’re beautiful! Your grandmother did what all moms and grandmas do. She thought of you first. She wanted you to be outside enjoying lif, not inside with her while she felt ill. She knew how deeply you loved her, and the fact that you stopped by that day was a blessing. Try to remember, that last day was a gift that you and your grandmother had. Don’t be hard on yourself. She would never want that! ((Hugs))

I’ve had much joy too. Two wonderful, happy, successful children and a wonderful DH. So while I may say, ‘Woe is me,’ I am keenly aware it could always be worse...

Thank you dear @Sandeek. I am so sorry for your tragic losses. No one can ever take the place of our mom and dad. (((Hugs))). Your children are so lucky to have you as their mom. A better mom does not exist.

I feel 100% the same about you. You are beautiful inside and out and one of the strongest women I know. It is a huge privilege to have you as my friend. Sister warriors. We will never give up and we will never lose hope. It is all going to work out and be OK.

((((HUGS)))).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you dear @Sandeek. I am so sorry for your tragic losses. No one can ever take the place of our mom and dad. (((Hugs))). Your children are so lucky to have you as their mom. A better mom does not exist.

I feel 100% the same about you. You are beautiful inside and out and one of the strongest women I know. It is a huge privilege to have you as my friend. Sister warriors. We will never give up and we will never lose hope. It is all going to work out and be OK.

((((HUGS)))).

Aww, my sister warrior :kiss2:. I love this and feel the same way. Your friendship and support truly warms my heart ♥️ We are in this fight for health together and together we will overcome! :angel:

:oops: Thank you thank you thank you @missy ! You’re so very kind and I am thankful for you. How right you are about moms. Here is a quote I love...

A mother is someone who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I am so sorry for your brothers suicides and all you and your family have been through. You are a courageous and amazing woman. Your son (and all your family) are indeed lucky to have you. I used to work with autistic adults and children and I know how simultaneously challenging and rewarding it is. The biggest difference of course is I got to go home after the day at work. Sending you big (((HUGS))).
:kiss2: Thanks @missy..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The most challenging was having surgery that the surgeon assured me would get me out of the excruciating persistent pain I was experiencing, only to find the pain was even worse afterwards. It actually left me feeling suicidal, and I don’t say that lightly. The thought of having to live with that for many more years, or face even more devastating surgery was unbearable. If it hadn’t been for DH and DS, I may have been tipped over the edge.

I would like to think that the most rewarding is yet to come. =)2
That must have been so horrible @Austina...I’m so happy you are fine now and hopefully pain free. I can’t even imagine..:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My most traumatic experiences (and I have had more than a few but these 2 are the most sad for me) were the unexpected death of my darling wonderful kind sweet grandmother back in 1992 from an asthma attack and the death of our beloved Billy in 2009 and our amazing Butch in 2002.

A few days before my grandma died she wasn't feeling well and was in resting in bed and I visited her as I always did weekly on my day off but only stopped by for a short while to say hi because it was such a lovely day and I wanted to be outside enjoying the weather. So I just popped in and visited with her just a short time and said grandma I will be back next week and of course she was agreeable. I did not realize that was the last time I would ever see her. I still beat myself up about that. It was selfish of me and of course hindsight is 20/20 (boy is it and wouldn't I love going back in time to 4 weeks ago but that is another story) but still I regret not visiting with her longer. I regret not being able to tell her how much I loved (and still do) her and how much she means to me. My heart still hurts with this memory and I will forever regret that day.

From 1970 or so...my entire family. We have a very small family. My grandma is on the left.
picfromaround1970grandmagrandpamomdadanneharveydebbieandmeandapache.jpg

Then the other most traumatic experience was the loss of our beloved babies Billy and Butch. They were brothers found together in 1992 in the middle of a blizzard in Great Neck Long Island. 2 elderly sisters found them and called my sister who was their veterinarian. And somehow she convinced me to adopt them. That brought my kitty count from 1 to 3 and I have to say that was the beginning of the end for me re just being content with one cat lol.

Our dear Billy and Butch were special souls. Rescue kitties with personalities larger than life. Humans trapped in a cat's body. They were something else. They loved people and were not afraid of anything or anyone and just freaking awesome.

Billy developed diabetes and hypertension in his mid years and we gave him insulin twice a day for almost a decade. His poor body gave out after years of his diseases being treated and controlled as best as possible. His kidneys and other organs just gave out. Billy was truly special and one of a kind. And we had some amazing fur babies up to this point but no one could touch our Billy.

His orange haired brother Butch was also very special and died way too soon in 2002 from an aggressive cancer. He was smart as a whip and brazen and bold and just filled with love and mischief and never did we have a kitty as bright as Butch. He taught the other kitties how to play fetch and how to catch flies mid air. He never met a person he didn't love. He never met anyone he didn't charm. I know people say their babies are special and yes to us all our babies are special but objectively Billy and Butch were magical.

RIP Billy and Butch. I like to think you are at Rainbow Bridge frolicking and playing with each other and all our past beloved fur babies and my grandma is with you.

billybutchandbuster.jpg
Buster (my first cat and also special) is in the front and butch (orange) is to his right and Billy (gray) is in the back. Old photo and only one I have of the three of them together.

My most joyous experience is marrying the love of my life. My B'shert. My soulmate. My sweet, funny, smart, kind, generous darling husband. I have known only 2 amazing men in my life and I am lucky they are both in my life. My dh and my dad. And if truth be told while my dad is amazing and the best dad one could hope for my dh is way more talented and skilled at almost everything. But where it counts they are both awesome. Loving kind souls with sharp wits and wonderful perspective on life. I love quoting my dad's wise comments to which my dh affectionally refers to as Stanelyisms. :lol:Listen my dad was a wise old soul before he got old. :halo:

My mom and dad on their wedding day over 55 years ago

momanddadweddingphotochristmasday1963.jpg

Greg and I on our wedding day.

GregandMissyWedding.jpg

I hope there will be many more amazing wonderful joyous life experiences but to date this one is still tops. And while I know there will also be more traumatic and sad experiences I pray they stay at a minimum and far away.

Thank you all for sharing your memories and experiences. Life is a roller coaster filled with happy and tragic both and one never knows what is coming one's way but one thing we do know is wait a bit and surely things will change again.
@missy..I’m so sorry you feel like you let down your grandma..but that is certainly not the case. You visited her that day..and gave her love always..She felt that and knew you loved her...As a grandma now to my little grandson I know I would have been happy that he wanted to go out and enjoy the sunshine...and also would be happy that you took time out of your day to visit me no matter how long it was.
I’m so sorry about Billy and Butch...It took me a very long time to feel like I could talk about my dog Gordie who passed away in front of my eyes. I cried every time I saw a Golden Retriever who looked like him..so I know how painful it is to lose them.
I really enjoy the photos of your family...and of course your kitties! I especially love your wedding photos..because you can see the joy in both of your faces..

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My most challenging experiences (there are more than one) would be giving birth to both of my children, and celebrating those moments, alone. Both engagements went sour, both pregnancies were abusive, and I raised my son by myself for the first 13 years, and my daughter by my self for the first 3 years. Welcoming my babies into the world were the first joyous moments of my life, in spite of being alone. :love:
261155A1-0077-4D73-A928-560A89225553.jpeg

I thought nothing could compare...until DH proposed. :mrgreen2:
30DFC5B4-ADC5-4327-8B65-AD2645A6A22B.jpeg 5B8D8381-2983-477B-B4E6-50E21D9C9A2E.jpeg

Watching my mother & best friend slowly die has been excruciating; Alzheimer’s is heartbreaking. I’m still forced to struggle with her disease, and watch her disappear, a little at a time. She qualified for home hospice care, again, last week. This is the second time she has qualified for extra care, and I am extremely grateful. She now weighs 127 lbs, and she was last measured at 5’, 7” tall. She is skin & bones, but, again, it’s the disease. She has lost her appetite, and she has no interest in eating. This rapid decline is heart-wrenching, and I pray for peace for her, every day.
F20BBE57-6BA7-4259-8783-C3B3F6FA2D64.jpeg
My world will crumble, when it’s her time to cross over, and I have to lay her in her final resting place. :(2

I agree with others, above: watching my children grow from tiny bundles into adults has been my greatest joy. I’m experiencing this, now, with my son. I am so excited about this new phase of his life, and I am bathing in his joy, as he pursues his Pharmacy Degree, and plays Lacrosse at the College Level. Watching him become a fully-functioning, responsible man, and setting goals for himself has been extraordinarily rewarding, especially since it was just the two of us for the first 10 years of his life.
#TCSe7en
A0162381-0F60-44A7-B0AB-847DD579E046.jpeg
4617680E-A4B6-4F3F-A44B-11D999B86000.jpeg
FC711D68-45A2-4E6E-98E5-FA4AA9E06FEB.jpeg
I’m looking forward to what life has in store for my daughter (she’s 9). I can only imagine what’s in her future. :kiss2:
All of us were fortunate that DH came along, when he did, because he has been a gift to all of us.
The day we married was a dream come true. It took me a while to fully grasp, and accept that I was finally the bride. It was something I had always wanted, but never thought would ever happen...until it did. I needed to pinch myself...lol! It was a beautiful day in November, and it was the most amazing day of my life, next to welcoming my babies into the world, and his amazing proposal. The best part of our wedding day was being able to share that moment with my mother, while she was able to remember us, enjoy the moment, and participate in the ceremony.
07DD3A12-8426-4445-90E9-D21F8D5AA097.jpeg 9CE72BF9-AF11-4B4F-AA49-D0C027E82B39.jpeg B7F8F3E5-41FF-421E-925A-0F76EE431BC2.jpeg

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had many major challenges..I don’t know why I’m still a happy person..I’ve had two brothers that committed suicide. My youngest brother did it at home where he lived with my mother. I flew home to New York from Texas to help my mom...I had to clean the room where he did it because no one could do it at the time..It was horrific..He shot himself in the head. I was told I would get PTSD..but although traumatizing I got through it because of my son with Autism. He was a year old at the time and not fully diagnosed but the doctors were sure he was. He needed me so I had to be there for him.
As bad as that was I think the most challenging and rewarding experience was to have my son with Autism. He broke my nose..kicked me,...was extremely difficult when he was very young..breaking windows, etc. I worked very hard with him and taught him to read before he spoke words...and spent every waking hour with him...trying to help him control his behavior and learn. He doesn’t have a normal
IQ but he can reason and learn like a very young child. He’s 33 years old now..obviously still Autistic but he earns a small paycheck in a supervised job..goes to dances..loves to travel and stay in hotels..and enjoys his life. I can take him anywhere and I don’t have to worry about a meltdown. I’ve had to develop a thick skin because he's different and people are curious..but it truly doesn’t bother me anymore. He still lives at home with us..He’s innocent and sweet but still a daily challenge because he constantly tests the boundaries...What is amazing is we have a bond where I understand him. I’m able to love him deeply even though he doesn’t have the capacity to love me back equally. He is definitely my most challenging and rewarding experience by far..

I have really enjoyed meeting you on here. You are always so quick with a compliment and kind in every interaction. I can only imagine what a great mother you are, even through difficulties. Thank you for sharing your stories ❤️
I am so sorry for the loss of your brothers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 you are a beautiful person and I cannot imagine all you have been through. So glad you found your true love and soul mate. So sorry about your mom and the struggle with Alzheimers. It is a disease that robs one of who they are. Their very essence. Heartbreaking as it gets. Sending you love and (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have really enjoyed meeting you on here. You are always so quick with a compliment and kind in every interaction. I can only imagine what a great mother you are, even through difficulties. Thank you for sharing your stories ❤️

@Mamabean I ditto all that @jbake has written. It's a privilege to meet such a lovely woman. And to meet so many wonderful PSers like you @jbake.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS! yes PS is. I feel so lucky to meet people who are all so nice.

@Matthews1127 I love your caring, your diamond! you information and you had a had road to happiness, but girl you so deserve it and I consider you an EC queen! glad to know you.

Most of us have experienced this horrible pain and wonderful high of life.

@missy is the hub and I am a spoke and I feel soooooo lucky to have met this hub girl :)

@Austina I am so sorry you experienced this pain.. I sincerely hope it's all past now..

@Mamabean girl you are amazing..

everyone here is just wonderful and you all make my spirit rise.

All stories moved me, moved me in that life can smack you down but we get up.

Happy sunday!

Pricescope is full of so many wonderful people ❤️ I’m so glad I stumbled onto it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @jbake I feel the same way about you..:kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 you are a beautiful person and I cannot imagine all you have been through. So glad you found your true love and soul mate. So sorry about your mom and the struggle with Alzheimers. It is a disease that robs one of who they are. Their very essence. Heartbreaking as it gets. Sending you love and (((hugs))).

@missy, you are beautiful inside & out!! I love your creative threads, and how you open doors for PSers to connect on a different level!
I believe, as women, we can relate & connect on so many levels...even in times of great struggle.
As women, we are born fighters; gender bias is still an obstacle we all encounter, in one way or another.
In my case, I am stronger because of what I’ve survived. My children will be better people because of my experiences, as well.
Our experiences do not define us, but how we handle those experiences certainly does.
I thank you for your words of encouragement in these last stages of my mother’s disease. Support & love are greatly appreciated. A lot of who I am is a testament to her, and how she raised me. My father passed when I was 6, and she raised me, and my brother, by herself. She never re-married, so it’s my turn to care for her, and see her through, until the end.
PS is an amazing community, and I feel connections with so many.
Thank you to everyone who has shared so much, here!!

@Tekate: you are so special, and I thank you for being such an inspiration!!! ((((BIG HUGS)))) :kiss2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread shows what truly amazing women we have here.

@Austina, I’m so glad you have Colin in your life. I’m so very sorry for what you have been through.

@Matthews1127 , Enjoy every moment you get to spend with your mom. We helped a lot with my husbands dad when he suffered with Alzheimer’s. I consider it such a gift to have had that time with him and have been able to help take care of him. I took great comfort in just being able to hold his hand and have him with us, even when others would make remarks that he wasn’t really with us. If he got upset I could calm him down very quickly. If nothing else he knew someone was being kind to him, even if he didn’t remember who I was. It made me feel like somehow I still had a place in his life. Somehow I think you will understand exactly what I’m saying.

Your story with your husband reminds me of that saying “It’s never too late to live happily ever after”.

@Mamabean and @Sandeek , I can’t imagine the heartache you have been through. I’m so sorry.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 Aww thank you an Back at you!!!

I always enjoy your posts and your knowledge and your kindess Matthews, Truth lady.. thank you so much for your kind words. What you say about Missy is sooo true also.. she's the hub.. we are the best and also your knowledge and love of step cuts is immeasureable and I love your ring(s). :) xo

@Tekate: you are so special, and I thank you for being such an inspiration!!! ((((BIG HUGS)))) :kiss2:[/QUOTE]

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I sure didn't take this long to do a thesis for reason of happyness; now, here I have it getting from manuscript to LaTex. Other things were too hard & I am all for the easy road...

Today, I'd take a scythe to the past - & a few of its dwellers; oddly, the letter seem equally dreading peaceable heils. I take this is how one makes strangers.

[digressing: taking a scythe to tall grass is like a dance - it doesn't work unless you move right from toes to ears... arrgh - stuff that I miss!]

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 , @Tekate , @Sandeek, @Mamabean- Thank you for your warm and loving comments. I feel the same way about you. You lovely ladies meet each challenge in life with grace and strength and your kindness never wavering. You women rock
rockon2.gif
and I am so grateful for Pricescope for bringing us together.

I appreciate all the many wonderful people here. Pricescope is an awesome community and truly is so much more than bling.:kiss2:

friends.gif

But the bling isn't bad.:sun::halo::love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Matthews1127 , @Tekate , @Sandeek, @Mamabean- Thank you for your warm and loving comments. I feel the same way about you. You lovely ladies meet each challenge in life with grace and strength and your kindness never wavering. You women rock
rockon2.gif
and I am so grateful for Pricescope for bringing us together.

I appreciate all the many wonderful people here. Pricescope is an awesome community and truly is so much more than bling.:kiss2:

friends.gif

But the bling isn't bad.:sun::halo::love:

I’m thinking the same @missy I came here to talk about bling because no one I knew loved jewelry like I did..and I found a wonderful group of people who I plan on knowing forever. I don’t think I could put together such a warm group of friends if I could. I’ve said this before..but the fact that we’re all different ages doesn’t seem to matter. The fact that we all share the love of bling is icing on the cupcake!
46445BDB-D436-420C-A242-0820DF65A923.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to add, while the break up of marriage/divorce was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through, it was like a surgery to cut out a tumor where it is ugly and messy and painful, but necessary for the patient to survive. I will most likely always have some emotional scars of what I went through, and some anger of the unnecessary pain he put me through. At the same time I also wake up each day grateful for my life. I am so appreciative of just normal every day things that most other people take for granted, because I've known what it was like to not have those things.

Something i wrote in my journal: "When you have subsisted on crumbs and told that's all you get, all you only wanted, the most you deserve, to the point you have forgotten yourself and your wants, to have the feast of the entire world laid out before you, is like a miracle."

ps hugs to you all!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to add, while the break up of marriage/divorce was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through, it was like a surgery to cut out a tumor where it is ugly and messy and painful, but necessary for the patient to survive. I will most likely always have some emotional scars of what I went through, and some anger of the unnecessary pain I went through. At the same time I also wake up each day grateful for my life.

Something i wrote in my journal: "When you have subsisted on crumbs and told that's all you get, all you only wanted, the most you deserve, to the point you have forgotten yourself and your wants, to have the feast of the entire world laid out before you, is like a miracle."

That’s a great analogy and I totally get what you mean. Everything seems so much brighter and more wonderful after all the trauma you’ve been through. Like going from black and white to technicolor. Here’s to continued better and brighter days filled with love and friendship and kindness. (((Hugs)))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stalked, robbed and harassed. Changed my life irrevocably, and not for the good.

Sharon

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Someone who I thought was a dear friend was sexually inappropriate with my belongings on a daily basis.

We had been friends since school, he helped me get my job, I was close with his wife. I knew that he has bipolar disorder and there were times where he would skirt the line as far as what I was comfortable with. I would call him out on it and he would always agree to see his doctor. I let it go when I shouldn’t have. Then one morning the cleaning staff caught him defiling my coffee mug. HR reviewed the available video and it turns out that this was a daily ritual for him.

He lost his job. His wife left him. I was stupid enough to entertain some of his apologies. Not exactly thinking we could ever be friends, but that maybe he is just very sick and can someday be an ok human. Not so much and he ramped up his behaviour. This time spamming my email with disgusting photos.

It also turns out that he had several girlfriends while this was all going down. He actually moved in with one of them after his wife kicked him out. I forwarded the inappropriate photos to his girlfriend and warned her about what she was getting herself into (the girl is 22). She decided to follow me to the gym and freak out at me in front of everyone for trying to ruin her relationship. I’m just jealous. Right.

I was afraid to go anywhere without DH for months. I didn’t trust anyone. I was embarrassed for being a “homewrecker” even though I didn’t do anything. This all happened last winter to spring and I’m only now starting to take back my life.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Most rewarding was the Pikes Peak Marathon. I have colitis and used to have an awful time maintaining hemoglobin levels. I finally met a specialist who sorted me out and now I feel like a normal person! I can walk for extended periods of time. I can work out. I can run! I decided to challenge myself with an altitude race. I didn’t exactly do well, but I beat the cutoff by over an hour and i’m so incredibly proud of that. They give all of the finishers a pin, and I keep mine in my purse to remind me of what I can accomplish if I don’t give up.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Most challenging experience currently bothering me:

I was on the train, sitting next to an elderly lady. At her stop, she couldn’t stand. I helped her get up, only to realize she couldn’t hold her weight at all. Her voice slurred and she said she was just tired and needed to go to her car. Someone told me to let her go, but if I did, she would fall. I asked if anybody called the conductor. No. :rolleyes: I asked someone else to hold her and ran to the conductors in the other car. They immediately rushed over and assessed the situation. The ambulance came at the next stop and took her to the hospital. It turns out the EMS thought she had a stroke! What really made me mad was that other people didn’t think the situation was serious and thought I was making a scene. :x2 What would have happened to the poor lady if she didn’t have immediate medical attention? The conductors thanked me and the train moved on.

The other was probably when we got robbed. It stuck in my mind for quite a while in that I didn’t feel safe in my home anymore. However, it was resolved when someone told me the robber was arrested years later.

Joyish experience: Hrm... probably getting my first real job during the 2008 crisis. Having no job or social skills was very depressing. However, the new job opened up many doors and I slowly got out of my shell, meeting new people and developing social skills, with help from therapy. An old friend contacted me and was surprised at how outgoing I am now. I thanked her for being there for me when I was depressed and we had a great time together.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most challenging experience currently bothering me:

I was on the train, sitting next to an elderly lady. At her stop, she couldn’t stand. I helped her get up, only to realize she couldn’t hold her weight at all. Her voice slurred and she said she was just tired and needed to go to her car. Someone told me to let her go, but if I did, she would fall. I asked if anybody called the conductor. No. :rolleyes: I asked someone else to hold her and ran to the conductors in the other car. They immediately rushed over and assessed the situation. The ambulance came at the next stop and took her to the hospital. It turns out the EMS thought she had a stroke! What really made me mad was that other people didn’t think the situation was serious and thought I was making a scene. :x2 What would have happened to the poor lady if she didn’t have immediate medical attention? The conductors thanked me and the train moved on.

The other was probably when we got robbed. It stuck in my mind for quite a while in that I didn’t feel safe in my home anymore. However, it was resolved when someone told me the robber was arrested years later.

This is so disheartening but not completely shocking. I take the subway often and I see things that bother me every time. Elderly people, pregnant women, others in need, standing while young (and seemingly able bodied) people are sitting. But I always thought (and hoped) that if someone was in crisis others would rush to their assistance. But I guess one never knows til that time comes if people will help or ignore. I know one thing @strawrose that woman was super lucky you were on that train that day with her. And I also know if other Pricescopers were there they would have helped too.

During 9/11 strangers rushed to help each other and I always like to think should another crisis occur the same camaraderie and altruistic behavior would prevail but it would be nice if during every day life others would act as empathetic and compassionate. We are all in this together and life is precious. To ignore someone in potential trouble is heartbreaking.

I'm sorry you experienced the robbery. That is a traumatic event and it does change one's perspective. It is a violation and something that stays with you. Glad they caught the criminal. That helps with peace of mind.

Joyish experience: Hrm... probably getting my first real job during the 2008 crisis. Having no job or social skills was very depressing. However, the new job opened up many doors and I slowly got out of my shell, meeting new people and developing social skills, with help from therapy. An old friend contacted me and was surprised at how outgoing I am now. I thanked her for being there for me when I was depressed and we had a great time together.

Good for you! That was no easy feat and you not only met it you exceeded expectations and developed a whole new set of important skills. 2008 was a very difficult time for many of us and you successfully overcame those challenges. :appl:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This thread has basically made me think of the last 12 months.

My parents have both had their lives fall apart; Dad basically went bankrupt and I had to take him in, look after him and financially support him from mid-way through last year until early this year. Then my mother was found by the police in a state of psychosis just after xmas and has been in healthcare since. I visit her as often as I can and am trying to help her adjust to come back to normal life when she can. So that has by far been the most challenging part for me, just trying to be a good son for both of my parents and be there for them in every way I can.

And while it hasn't happened yet and is due early July, my first born is on the way and I'm really excited about it. As far as rewarding goes, it's helped to keep me sane knowing this little bundle of joy is growing while it feels like the roses are wilting around me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has basically made me think of the last 12 months.

My parents have both had their lives fall apart; Dad basically went bankrupt and I had to take him in, look after him and financially support him from mid-way through last year until early this year. Then my mother was found by the police in a state of psychosis just after xmas and has been in healthcare since. I visit her as often as I can and am trying to help her adjust to come back to normal life when she can. So that has by far been the most challenging part for me, just trying to be a good son for both of my parents and be there for them in every way I can.

And while it hasn't happened yet and is due early July, my first born is on the way and I'm really excited about it. As far as rewarding goes, it's helped to keep me sane knowing this little bundle of joy is growing while it feels like the roses are wilting around me.

Jordy I am so sorry about the challenges our parents are facing and they are lucky you are there for them. And I am certain that your baby to be will bring all of you so much joy and happiness.

This is what life is. Ups and downs, highs and lows. Life is filled with happiness and sadness and joy and tragedy. Truly is a roller coaster and the best any of us can do is meet each challenge the best we can and be there for each other and take it one day at a time. Living in the moment and taking joy where we can and riding out the hardships one day at a time. As my dad and grandma used to say. "This too shall pass"

Wishing you and your family much happiness and joy and all the best with your soon to be little one. The littlest pricescoper to be...:appl:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jordy I am so sorry about the challenges our parents are facing and they are lucky you are there for them. And I am certain that your baby to be will bring all of you so much joy and happiness.

This is what life is. Ups and downs, highs and lows. Life is filled with happiness and sadness and joy and tragedy. Truly is a roller coaster and the best any of us can do is meet each challenge the best we can and be there for each other and take it one day at a time. Living in the moment and taking joy where we can and riding out the hardships one day at a time. As my dad and grandma used to say. "This too shall pass"

Wishing you and your family much happiness and joy and all the best with your soon to be little one. The littlest pricescoper to be...:appl:

Thanks @missy just trying to be the best person I can for everyone. The way I see it is if I can be strong for all of them and help them through then it also strengthens me for the other storms life will throw at me in the future. I just try to hit the water when I can to help keep me happy too.

I can't wait for bubs to arrive, I'm already getting Opals for when they can learn how to cut and polish gems :lol:

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
I am so touched by these posts. At some point I will share my own story - but in the meantime, know that I am sending hugs and prayers to each of you. What an amazing community this is. Missy - thank you for starting this thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results