shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s one product you cannot live without?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh this is tough. Because I am a notorious product-jumper (newer? more improved? I''m all over that) anything that I stick with long term is a definite keeper and likely to cause despair and head-bashing if discontinued. So I am cheating and putting more than one
31.gif
In no particular order (equal-opportunity addiction) - Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal; Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer; Children''s Motrin & Children''s Nyquil - lifesavers!! and . . . (whispers) o.b. products for my lady-days. Also, if I don''t use an eyelash curler, EVERYONE says "gee, you look tired."

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My blow dryer. I would never leave the house with curly, wavy, frizzy hair.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in that position right now. It''s Sally Hansen Moisture Plump Lip Balm. I love this stuff and like others have it stashed all over my house. This is from the Carmindy [TLC What Not to Wear] line. Unfortunately lately I can''t find it anywhere. I don''t know if it''s discontinued or not but I will not be a happy camper if it is.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Lancome Absolue face cream and any of several Olay skin cream/anti-aging products as back-up. Also, any of several body cream brands (I can''t make my mind up which one), most desired would be one with sunscreen. If all that is taken away, then, there has to be SOME sort of face and body moisturizer, even petroleum jelly will work for me. I will positively shrivel up without it!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
as of now...the Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo. My 5mo old loves it and gives me time (like 45min) to do things around the house. THANK YOU FISHER PRICE!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe how many of you said chapstick!!! I literally am addicted - I go fidgety and CRAZY when I don''t have it.

320880.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 2:00:44 PM
Author: HollyS
Well I would have said ''hairspray'', but everytime I get one I like, it becomes extinct. So I''ve learned to move on.

I have two products:

The only pantyhose worth wearing was GEORGE by WalMart. I have to wear PH in the winter; I get too cold. Never wear it when the temp is above 70. They are phasing it out. Completely. Every store is down to the last few pairs. There is nothing -- at all -- on the market, cheap or expensive, that was a better fit, better made, or more natural in color. I am completey bummed.

Starbucks Iced Tea. I''ve bought the same TAZO tea they use. I''ve tried to duplicate the taste at home. It would be so much cheaper. No can do. This is a must have; no other tea comes close. Well, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is an almost ran.

Oops, one more: Nexxus Diamatress Shampoo. Other products promise volume. Nexxus delivers. Now if I could just find the perfect product to banish ''humid-day hair''.
Holly, PLEEEEEEASE let me know if you find this!!! I have been desperate for years to find this!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just discovered this hand cream that I love. It''s Nivea Smooth Indulgence hand cream. It has the standard nivea scent, but it mellows into a really nice lingering scent that''s totally different. It softens really well and isn''t greasy. It also holds up relatively well to hand washing. I only have to reapply every 2 washes or so. Most creams I have to reapply every time I wash my hands. I think this is going to be my new go-to hand cream, and it was pretty cheap too! I think it was about $4 for a 3.5 oz tube.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Hummm, I like Nivea. I don''t think that I''ve tried that one yet. I must seek it out!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:41:20 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
I can''t believe how many of you said chapstick!!! I literally am addicted - I go fidgety and CRAZY when I don''t have it.

I have one in each bag and coat. Have to have it

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 4:06:14 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 3/25/2009 2:02:14 PM

Author: EBree

Thayer''s Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

ooooh...i just started using this exact product. my esthetician recommended it to shrink pore sizes
40.gif

It''s good stuff, jcrow! I found it after reading a ton of great reviews at makeupalley.com.

I love Aquaphor. Nothing else is strong enough for me. I would like to find a more natural alternative, though, so if anyone deals with chronic dry lips and has a more ''organic'' solution, please let me know!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 11:40:49 PM
Author: somegirl932
I wanted to say Kraft macaroni and cheese... um... I''m secretly a five year old in disguise...
Sweetiepie, that will NEVER be discontinued because you''re not the only one.

Another of my favorite "don''t let FI see me eat this" foods.
9.gif
10.gif
12.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it only says one but I''d be lost without anyone one of those products.
Oh, I know I only said one, but can you imagine how long our lists would be if I said list ALL the products you cannot live without?

Since posting this yesterday, I''ve been going about my activities noticing the numerous items that my life depends upon. . .

Bliss Peppermint Exfoliating Foot Patrol - the ONLY product that keeps my legs from itching. . .how would I survive without it?
What about if Lancome quits selling Bifacils eye makeup remover?
Life without Cetaphil?
Life without Urban Decay 24/7 eye liners?

One discontinued item I found on eBay was the Prada *clear* lip balms. They d/c those but still sell the shaded ones. I bought a whole box of the clear ones while I had a chance. Hopefully they don''t go bad before I use them all up!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 11:23:35 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/25/2009 11:40:49 PM
Author: somegirl932
I wanted to say Kraft macaroni and cheese... um... I''m secretly a five year old in disguise...
Sweetiepie, that will NEVER be discontinued because you''re not the only one.

Another of my favorite ''don''t let FI see me eat this'' foods.
9.gif
10.gif
12.gif
Oh, trust me, Kraft will never discontinue mac/cheese. Even if they get rid of the regular mac pasta, there always will be Pokemon shaped noodles. My kids practically live off of that stuff. They get it as a "treat" if they eat all their chicken and veggies.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I like Lucas'' Paw Paw Ointment...

Its an aussie thing, but you can get it at some online health shops i think.

I use it for lip balm, dry spots, when i have a cold (so i dont go all red and gross under my nose)....

I love love LOVE it! and its not tested on animals which is a must in my book.

Do you know i didnt know what aquaphor was but i looked it up and it sounds like a similar thing, if it makes a good lip balm too?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing really. I change products almost every time I buy something. The one item I''ve been using steady for about 4 years is The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash so I''d hunt around a bit. I also really like my current mascarca. I''m not brand or product loyal at all.

BodyShopTeaTreeFace.jpg

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Hi all - I love to try new things, but thing that I am always on the hunt for, that is only sold at Wegman''s Grocery stores, is Basis Face Wash. It smells so good, and works well with my oily skin.

Addy - I have the Tea Tree Oil Night Fading Cream, and it hasn''t faded any of my blemish scars over the past year. Have you tried this? What is the face wash like?

I too cannot live without chapstick or lipgloss, but always tend to lick it off after a few minutes. The boy also cannot stand kissing me if I have "sticky stuff" on my lips!
3.gif

Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber Body Spray is also up there on my list of daily necessities. I get so many compliments on it!

Does anyone have any recommendations for fading acne scars that won''t make me break out? Thanks!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
DevaCurl products! They''ve made such a difference for my curls!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 7:41:18 PM
Author: cinnamongurl

Addy - I have the Tea Tree Oil Night Fading Cream, and it hasn''t faded any of my blemish scars over the past year. Have you tried this? What is the face wash like?

Does anyone have any recommendations for fading acne scars that won''t make me break out? Thanks!

I don''t have blemish scars, just really combination skin. I use the face wash as body wash. The one that The Body Shop calls body wash isn''t as strong and has lemon it in, which I didn''t like. In the winter it dries my skin out too much so I use it every other day and use a face lotion too.

My DH had chicken pox late in life, plus really bad ance as a teen so he has some scars. He also has skin very prone to break outs. When he remembers, he uses bio-oil, it seems to help a bit, but he doesn''t use it often enough.

bio-oil-125ml.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 3:18:20 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Sugar Chapstick by Fresh...it''s my favorite. Pricey at $22.00 a tube...but amazing.

Italia, I bought this on impulse at Sephora once (it was in those little bins near the cash register... and marked "customer favorite," so of course I had to buy it). It is so wonderful - the texture, the scent, everything. I''m definitely addicted.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
toilet paper
9.gif

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
Lansinoh. I use it on my lips since I develop a reaction to practically everything else. I''d have to say my bespoke perfume. I''m a high end perfume junkie.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap!!! OMG, I cant live without this stuff!!! Makes you feel so fresh and clean when you step out of the shower! Its made out of all natural ingredients, and its great for sensitive skin!! You can find it at Health Food Stores, some supermarkets, The Vitamin Shoppe, and online!!! Love it!!!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=40925&catid=50257

drbronners.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 8:39:12 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 3/25/2009 2:38:51 PM
Author: klewis
and more specifically...
HI:

Very funny. BTW, I had lunch with my GF--the one who was just in NZ for a month--and she RAVED about your home (land) and the people. Marvellous vacay--now we MUST go!
35.gif

I must concur with Klewis here--if Caymus stops making their Zinfindel, well, life just isn''t worth living anymore.....
9.gif
emcocktl.gif

cheers--Sharon
Lush.
20.gif

I don''t have one. I''ve been burned so many times, I refuse to get dependant on anything. From make up, to jeans and everything inbetween. Story of my life.

Wait, I guess beer. There.
embeer.gif

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Oh shoot! The toilet paper may preempt my face and body creams...
23.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
St. Ives clear pore cleanser - LOVE it. Keeps me breakout free without drying my skin, and cut the oil on my face very well. Unfortunately I''m having a tough time finding it. I used to get it at Target... then I could only find it at Ulta... now I can''t seem to find it anywhere. I''ll have to start searching online!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Burt''s Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm
Anthony Logistics Face Moisturizer
Carol''s Daughter Hair Milk (Seriously one of the best hair products out there)

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Philosophy Hope in a Jar, my clarisonic, and benetint
1.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 8:49:47 AM
Author: Tuckins1
toilet paper
9.gif

Ever been to India?
21.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely CHAPSTICK! (or any variant thereof) If I leave without one I HAVE to go buy one or I will go crazy.
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results