shape
carat
color
clarity

whats on your colored stone short list

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just because I''m bored, and I''m browsing so many colored stone sites that i want everything. However I have a few in mind for my next gem shopping spree wallet permitting of course
9.gif
do share what you''re either brewing up or on your list.

-Garnet- maybe a spessartite, or umba
Thats pretty much it for now.

Then, as for cuts. Would love
-emerald, and portuguese rb.

and the mother of all... Richard Homer famous Concave.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
yes most definetly a spess(for TL''s sake and mine
9.gif
) but also a cobalt spinel and a tsavorite..

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 12:13:31 PM
Author: amethystguy
yes most definetly a spess(for TL''s sake and mine
9.gif
) but also a cobalt spinel and a tsavorite..
ok. that too!
9.gif
maybe I''m just collecting ideas now... so I can continue adding to my very short list

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmGuy- You changed your Avatar! whats the gemmy in there?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I want something super green, and big, and maybe EC. Not too picky about what kind of stone though lol.

I also want to eventually get a really good sphene. A BIG one.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 12:18:58 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I want something super green, and big, and maybe EC. Not too picky about what kind of stone though lol.

for collecting or Jewelry?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a pink Barry Asscher, and a teal Tourmaline Asscher from Gene. Also, a JW assher sapphire, but I''ve recently had to pass on one (1.35 ct.) because I''m on a jewelry buying halt for at least 2 or 3 months. Boooooo!!!!!
6.gif

I REALLY want a bright orange 2 ct.+ Spess in either a cushion or rectangular shape, and a 2 ct. + Tsav, preferably a cushion or oval.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I have been changing it back and forth...I use an ammy as my avatar on all the other forums but I am also a lover of tourmaline..very much so..this forum is more about cut gems so a piece of rough is a little off kilter so I went with some afghan stones offered from one of my "dudes" over there..color is fantastic..I hope it fits in a little better here. hey, MP I love how you said super green and BIG LOL Big is good!
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 12:24:04 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I want a pink Barry Asscher, and a teal Tourmaline Asscher from Gene. Also, a JW assher sapphire, but I''ve recently had to pass on one (1.35 ct.) because I''m on a jewelry buying halt for at least 2 or 3 months. Boooooo!!!!!
6.gif

I REALLY want a bright orange 2 ct.+ Spess in either a cushion or rectangular shape, and a 2 ct. + Tsav, preferably a cushion or oval.
OOOhhh.. I''m so in the same boat after seeing redfaerythinker''s tourmaline...
30.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
A pad sapphire.
30.gif

A spess. I also really really want a bright colombian emerald like the ones from BB (unfortunately he doesn''t ship to here)
8.gif

A good quality moonstone.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I really need to set some stones....

But I would like a blue green tourmaline

Nothing big until next year....right now the plan is a bright pink sapphire or spinel.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 12:42:03 PM
Author: kribbie
A pad sapphire.
30.gif

A spess. I also really really want a bright colombian emerald like the ones from BB (unfortunately he doesn''t ship to here)
8.gif

where''s here Kribbie?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 12:43:18 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Nothing big until next year....right now the plan is a bright pink sapphire or spinel.
so when are yah going to set them? and which ones... ooohh

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 12:33:37 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 6/10/2009 12:24:04 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
6.gif

OOOhhh.. I''m so in the same boat after seeing redfaerythinker''s tourmaline...
30.gif
No kidding! That stone is a stunner!!!!
30.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
kribbie I forgot about a pad....good one...only in my dreams though

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 12:48:00 PM
Date: 6/10/2009 12:43:18 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

so when are yah going to set them? and which ones... ooohh

SOON!!!!

I think I am going to get in contact with hearts of water about my aqua. That pill box setting looks perfect for it.

If I end up getting a blue-green tourmaline, I will send that to one of the etsy vendors for a bezel setting. If I don''t, I will start working on making a custom setting for my spess. I took it to a couple jewelry stores while on vacation and put it next to a few settings, and got some good ideas. The thing that annoyed me is that they wanted more to set my stone than it cost to by their setting with a stone already in it!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 12:22:54 PM

for collecting or Jewelry?

For a pendant! But I want it to be a really good sphene, good clarity and lots of sparkle. The one I have is pretty, but not what I had in mind. Plus I want it to be round
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

MP: I love sphene. I would love a big one too. Pandora, I think it is her, has a gorgeous one.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 12:24:33 PM
hey, MP I love how you said super green and BIG LOL Big is good!
1.gif

LOL I want something big for once! Most of my gemmies are teeny little buggers.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 1:02:32 PM
Author: Linda W

MP: I love sphene. I would love a big one too. Pandora, I think it is her, has a gorgeous one.
I went off to look for her''s and that sure sparkles! hmmm,, a sphene huh? now I gotta go and read up on those
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I am so indecisive that I cannot even decide what is on my short (soon-ish) list. A nice tsavorite will probably will out for my next nice / pricey stone.

I also need to work on setting what I already own!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 12:47:14 PM

Date: 6/10/2009 12:42:03 PM
Author: kribbie
A pad sapphire.
30.gif

8.gif

where''s here Kribbie?
South Africa.
1.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 12:50:38 PM
kribbie I forgot about a pad....good one...only in my dreams though
I love pads. They are so beautiful.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I can''t say one of each
11.gif
?

I love garnets, tourmalines, and sapphires and would love to have them in every color.

I love Pads but as they are so pricey I would settle for a beautiful sunset or peach tourmaline that mixed all those yummy colors together.

I had and lost a round demantoid necklace
7.gif
. I''m going into withdrawal not having a round green stone necklace (I have alot of green clothes).
Simple and nice option would be to replace with a chrome or other lighter green tourmaline, or a "mint" garnet.

However I would love love love to replace it using a high quality round demantoid (Russian if possible) around 5.5 mm. I just find demantoids mesmerizing. As that would cost a grand (or more
6.gif
) I have been laying the groundwork for this with my husband, possibly for anniversary next year. However that means no extra gem/diamond purchases the remainder of year. It will be hard (been checking out the gemstone and etsey threads) but I have something to save for.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 2:24:49 PM
Author: part gypsy
11.gif
?

I love garnets, tourmalines, and sapphires and would love to have them in every color.

I love Pads but as they are so pricey I would settle for a beautiful sunset or peach tourmaline that mixed all those yummy colors together.

7.gif
. I''m going into withdrawal not having a round green stone necklace (I have alot of green clothes).
Simple and nice option would be to replace with a chrome or other lighter green tourmaline, or a ''mint'' garnet.

However I would love love love to replace it using a high quality round demantoid (Russian if possible) around 5.5 mm. I just find demantoids mesmerizing. As that would cost a grand (or more
6.gif
) I have been laying the groundwork for this with my husband, possibly for anniversary next year. However that means no extra gem/diamond purchases the remainder of year. It will be hard (been checking out the gemstone and etsey threads) but I have something to save for.
oh yeah,, I forget about demantoid.. I found a few from GeMline but only one was auctioned, and didnt keep track of it. so sorry about your loss on that one.. must have been a beauty. hope you get a replacement one soon.

Kribbie- you are so near the source for so many gems, but silly me, I don''t know the state of South Africa and how the gem trading is, if its even possible for you to get to see and purchase any?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a demantoid thread that mentioned gemline (sic) and they have some beauties, especially as I want one in a round. However it is not in the plans to get one at this time I don''t want to torture myself by looking too much. I bought an oval demantoid for $77 including shipping off ebay and it just whetted my taste for a really nice one. I don''t mind if it is lighter in tone than the ideal or has a little yellow, but want it pretty clean, well cut with nice color display.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
ahh..I forgot about demantoid..the green diamond...so expensive for a good one..ouch..would still love to have one..I do have 2 mineral specimens with demantoids crystals on them...but alas they are not good enough to cut...good one gypsy..alomost forgot about the sparkly greens

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 1:04:47 PM
Date: 6/10/2009 1:02:32 PM

Author: Linda W

I went off to look for her''s and that sure sparkles! hmmm,, a sphene huh? now I gotta go and read up on those
9.gif

I love Pandora''s sphene, it was the one that got me interested in them. I would LOVE to have one like hers! She said she gets compliments on it all the time, too.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 2:31:09 PM

Date: 6/10/2009 2:24:49 PM
Author: part gypsy
11.gif
?

7.gif
Simple and nice option would be to replace with a chrome or other lighter green tourmaline, or a ''mint'' garnet.

6.gif
oh yeah,, I forget about demantoid.. I found a few from GeMline but only one was auctioned, and didnt keep track of it. so sorry about your loss on that one.. must have been a beauty. hope you get a replacement one soon.

Kribbie- you are so near the source for so many gems, but silly me, I don''t know the state of South Africa and how the gem trading is, if its even possible for you to get to see and purchase any?
i know!! I should be right in the action, but unfortunately most of the good stuff is not made available to us first, if at all.
7.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....I think I want an opposed bar cut blue-green tourmaline next (it''s the cut that looks pixelated). I just think it''s neat.

But for now, my gem craving is pretty satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results