shape
carat
color
clarity

What's in your purse?! Photos welcome!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in the process of downsizing and cleaning out my purse to make the transition, and as I do that, I am trying to pare down. It's surprising me as I clean my wallet out to get stuff into my smaller one how much is in here! It's also crazy just how much I carry in two zip pouches...the walking Walgreens, if you will.

It's also a really good thing I did this because i discovered something leaked in my clear plastic pouch that fried my portable backup battery. So now I am replacing that unexpectedly right before my Girls' Weekend trip! I'll be keeping the new one in a ziploc for extra protection...

So, spill it! Ill list it for now, and then post a new pic when I get home since I am doing the switch tonight. This is my current bag....

THIS bag is the Linea Pelle Dylan Medium Tote in Scotch (I LOVE it, I just need a smaller bag near where I work and want a change)
--Wallet is from Roots, I just bought it. It's smaller version of my beloved Tumi travel zip wallets. Needs to be further pruned...
--iPhone 6 with a Speck Candyshell (not shown) that I keep in a little pouch from SeaSideSew on Etsy (I own MANY of her pouches. I LOVE them. I buy a couple new ones every few months!) I am overprotective of my gizmos.
--Zip pouch is Le Sportsac and is overstuffed and needs further pruning...
--Sunglass case and long zip pouch (rings) are from Vera Bradley. I have a smaller pouch on the way for my rings.
--Cortisone tube I keep in there bec I get my shots and if I put that on immediately after shots the welt is only baseball sized vs melon sized!
--EOS Lip Balm
--Keyprop (a little gizmo that helps you prop your phone up to watch movies/play games)
http://integrald.com/keyprop.html
--kleenex (I am allergic to breathing.)

Not shown, new battery pack, earbuds, business cards. It'll be about the size of a deck of cards and go into a small zip pouch (and ziploc...)

When I get home and get everything loaded up Ill take a new photo and "adjust"...

So what's in yours? I am nosy and love to know what people lug around.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1429213340.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very little I carry a small coach purse, right now there is a small wallet, kleenex, tube of lipstick and a small hair bush..that is it. the only I add when going out is my cell phone. Oops forgot to add a small holder for some ibuprofen and migraine meds.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondrnglover|1429213429|3863105 said:
Very little I carry a small coach purse, right now there is a small wallet, kleenex, tube of lipstick and a small hair bush..that is it. the only I add when going out is my cell phone. Oops forgot to add a small holder for some ibuprofen and migraine meds.
that little zippy thing on the right (the navy dot one), has my meds, a gazillion wipes, bandaids, my emergency inhaler, makeup I think Ill remove (a mini powder, brow pencil, mascara), mini tweezers and nail clipper, nail file, contact drops. I can't remember what else. But it's got way too much in it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I switch bags a lot, so I usually only carry necessities that include wallet, keys, phone, & a lip gloss.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1429214970|3863117 said:
I switch bags a lot, so I usually only carry necessities that include wallet, keys, phone, & a lip gloss.
I have gotten into the habit of keeping my keys ON me in a pocket so that if my purse gets stolen I can at least get home ... Lesson learned the hard way.lol

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My work bags are large because I bring gym clothes, breakfast and lunch to work on most days. If I'm just running errands or going to the playground/park, I don't bring a bag. My phone case fits everything I need and I just stick the keys in the pocket.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1429215297|3863119 said:
I have gotten into the habit of keeping my keys ON me in a pocket so that if my purse gets stolen I can at least get home ... Lesson learned the hard way.lol

I usually carry my keys on a lanyard around my neck. I've locked them in the car before so now when I pull the key out of the ignition
I put the lanyard around my neck. If I have something nice on, I'll stick them in my purse. My keys are much easier to find now
with a lanyard hooked to them. It works for me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My purse is small and holds only a few things...small wallet, my cell phone, a couple of lip sticks, gum, Tic Tacs, pens, and usually a bunch of crumpled receipts that I normally collect when I'm out running errands on the weekends...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh no!!! That's a hard lesson to learn.

For a long time, I kept an extra copy of my car key in my purse so if I had my purse in my hand and locked my keys in my car, I could still get into my car (that I also learned the hard way!)...now my car has a keyless entry so I just make sure to have my key in my purse at all times and (knock on wood) haven't locked myself out yet :) ...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a minimalist when it comes to my bags and I don't always carry one. I usually just have my wallet, phone, checkbook (for the rare occasions I need it), a pen or two, a mini brush, and Tylenol or other medicine. I try to leave my keys in my pocket.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I've never thought about carrying keys separately from a bag. Good idea.

I'm not into purses and I try to carry the smallest, non-leather one I can get away with. My bag always has my wallet, phone, comb, lipstick, pen, facial blotting papers, hand sanitizer, and my son's two epinephrine injectors. That's about all I can deal with.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The key thing was something my mom would always say. I never listened til it was too late!

Last night I spent a couple frustrating hours trying to load the new smaller bag and realizing it is too small for me. AND that I "need" more in a day than I want to admit.

I really want this bag to work for me, but it might not. I carry an inhaler in that little makeup bag, and that HAS to be on me. My backup battery is about the size of a deck of cards, and that is something I prefer to keep on me as well so I am not in a situation where I cannot make a call in an emergency. I am going to make another attempt today, and if I can't make it work I will sadly have to send it back. I REALLY like this smaller bag, but I might need something with about 1-2" more on it.

I will say though that I've pared down just enough that my current bag is, like, way lighter. To the point where I am like "am I missing something?" My wallet just weighed more than an infant before...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I can I try not carrying a pocketbook and if I am with my dh I can get away without one as he holds my lip balm and my phone. That's all I need.

I used to never carry credit cards or my driver's license with me (as long as I wasn't driving that is) due to in case of being stolen but I have since changed that due to my dh's insistence. I had my bag stolen in my early twenties and fortunately all that was in it were my keys lol. The thief got nothing but my bag, lip balm and my keys. HA. I was on a date at the time and in those days I just never brought anything of value with me (except the bag which I was sad to lose as it was from my grandmother's collection).

For work however I carry a larger bag and it has my cover up makeup (necessary these days unfortunately) my lip balm, my phone which has a credit card and some mad money for emergencies, my house keys and my work keys, my sunglasses and their case (huge), my vitamins that I take at work with food, pain pills just in case, hair bands and clips because you never know what my hair will do that day lol, an extra pair of contact lenses just in case, rewetting drops for my eyes, moisturizer for my face and hands, tissues, and I think that about covers it. I carry a separate bag to work with my food for the day. I like to be prepared. :bigsmile:

I also have many smaller pocketbooks for when I need more than just lip balm and a phone and I don't want to make my dh carry it all or for when I am without my dh. Bags that just fit my lip balm phone and any makeup I need to take. Small crossbody bags are my favorite these days. Light weight and hands free. Way to go for me.

Ame, I hear you. I just cannot tolerate heavy things these days. I am not as strong as I used to be and I am in too much discomfort with anything weighty on my shoulders. My back and neck start bothering me. Thanks for the reminder re the inhaler though as both my dh and I always forget that item and it can get hairy at times. Thank you for reminding me!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work in a school on the fourth floor with no elevator, I gave up on daily fashion for work a long time ago and use a backpack. There are a billion school papers, some notebooks, big wallet, kindle, all kinds of meds, breakfast, lunch, water, soda, phone, two sets of keys, various school supplies, sunglasses, umbrella, and a mini purse for happy hour after school :dance:

Normally I carry next to nothing. Often I go out with just a coach minny skinny or an LV cles. Just a little cash, credit card, ID and keys. That plus the phone is in my pocket. And a Chapstick of course.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
How big is the little makeup bag with the inhaler?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1429272063|3863439 said:
How big is the little makeup bag with the inhaler?
It is in that little polka dot bag and I believe it's 7wx5h. It's totally flat when empty.

I tried my last attempt and could not make it work so I emailed the company for the RA number and will be sending back. Ill be on a shopping misadventure next week so Ill have the opportunity to look for something new. I like my current bag (Ok LOVE) but I do want something smaller and less "obvious".

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have almost nothing--since my new purse is small. But I never carry much regardless of size of bag--which all tend to be smallish. I often end of putting my keys in a coat pocket.

cheers--Sharon

ponder

Brilliant_Rock

I do this too, although I've never had a lesson.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love keyless ignition. Keys just go in my pocket and stay there all day. Cell phone slips into another pocket. Depending on the day, I will either stick my licence and a couple of cards in my pocket or in a small purse recently. The purse is a recent thing. Only carry sometimes. It has an inhaler, pulse oximeter, chap stick, and antacid.

Car has stash of stuff since I usually have it with me. I also carry a laptop bag at school with a few things.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I had a shoulder injury a few years back, and learned not to carry a purse. Most days it is just phone (my case has room for credit cards and drivers license) and my keys. If I need a little more storage I have a couple of small clutches/wristlets for lipgloss, powder, tampons etc (my favourite being a Dooney and Bourke Haunted Mansion wristlet because it makes me smile and think of happy times). I was amazed to discover how little I actually need to carry with me after years of doing the full on "mom" purse with everything but the kitchen sink!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only person who carries a leather-bound black hole on this forum?

The only way I soothe is through the propaganda that creative people thrive in a messy environment...since I can't let my home get that way, I have to keep it to my purse. ::)

ETA: ame, your purse is a thing of beauty!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry quite a lot in my bag. I have large bags and find them very useful when going round town running errands.

- Pouch containing lip balm, lipstick, chapstick, mini hand cream, small round mirror, and a hook that you use to hang your bag on the table or the bar, and not on the back of your chair for thieves or on the dirty floor.

- Kindle

- Large wallet with all my cards: Library cards, three health cards, ID, loyalty cards, debit card, lots of change, bills, receipts. I do clean it out regularly.

- Sometimes a small umbrella and a hairbrush

- A book or a magazine, since I have subscriptions to TIME, Atlantic, etc.

- If I haven't cleaned it out in a while, a ton of receipts and coupons that come with those receipts like at CVS, and random paper bags that had goods in them once; candy wrappers.

- Leather tissue holder, stocked with tissues.

- Sunglasses/contact lens case/glasses, depending on the eyewear of the day.

- Phone

- Keys

Honestly, I feel much more secure carrying a large bag with everything I need in it.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lord...what's NOT in my purse! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, there's my wallet, 2 glasses cases (regular and sunglasses), FM transmitter, car charger and a power splitter so I can use both. A ziploc bag of all my receipts for the bathroom remodel (I've been returning things left and right), earbuds that I never use, my loupe ;)) , Eos lip balm, 2 cell phones (personal and work), iPod, iPhone charger, 2 Rx bottles, a Breo inhaler, my work ID and key card, a couple of pens, compact, lip gloss, eyeliner, shine-free papers, some OTC meds...I have a hard time closing it sometimes! LOL

24caratsequin

Rough_Rock
My handbag is a Bayswater bag from Mulberry in the softest fudge leather. Yum. Wallet, oyster card holder, iPhone 5S, house keys, notebook, tampons, lip gloss, lipstick, lip balm, backup battery, sunglasses, tissues, earphones, painkillers, nail file, my boyfriend's business card from when he was in NYC, and a bunch of receipts. And way too many pens.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat said:
Am I the only person who carries a leather-bound black hole on this forum?

The only way I soothe is through the propaganda that creative people thrive in a messy environment...since I can't let my home get that way, I have to keep it to my purse. ::)

ETA: ame, your purse is a thing of beauty!
thanks! It's not being retired anytime soon be my smaller purse idea backfired on me! I just have all my loose stuff in pouches somehow! :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one alone.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always carry a small-ish purse.
I just have the basics.
Keys, comb, lipstick, chapstick, pen, small hand lotion, debit card, a little cash, Advil, band aids, emery board, mini sewing kit, a mini tape measure, and a tiny Swiss army knife. What else does one need?
And of course, like Lil Misfit----the loupe!!!
You never know when someone may approach you with a diamond offer! This really happened to me once, and I was able to loupe a diamond, and then bought it on the spot from an acquaintance.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bag is filled with stuff and it's large. I need to carry less. Makeup bag (powder, blush, 2 lipsticks, Chapstick, eye pencil, shadow, concealer, hand lotion, perfume), large eyeglass case to carry sunglasses and reading glasses, large wallet, comb, keys, OTC medicine, bandaids, receipts are kept in side zip pocket. I really need to lighten up on the makeup bag. It is pretty ridiculous considering I have all my make up on when leaving the house.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
stracci2000|1429397145|3864228 said:
I always carry a small-ish purse.
I just have the basics.
Keys, comb, lipstick, chapstick, pen, small hand lotion, debit card, a little cash, Advil, band aids, emery board, mini sewing kit, a mini tape measure, and a tiny Swiss army knife. What else does one need?
And of course, like Lil Misfit----the loupe!!!
You never know when someone may approach you with a diamond offer! This really happened to me once, and I was able to loupe a diamond, and then bought it on the spot from an acquaintance.
I keep my loupe with my ring boxes. Always the 30x. Always.

I don't carry makeup, but I do have a lipbalm. I put blotting papers in there though I could probably remove that.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spent the weekend on a "spree" and carried my usual bag. It was made VERY clear that even with it practically empty that returning that too small bag was a bad choice. I should've kept it. I should have made it work for this trip. And I need to rebuy it and a smaller wallet and make that my daily driver.

My neck and back are. KILL.ING.ME. The weight of it on my neck going crossbody and the amount of walking was just too much. I didn't find anything small that I liked as much either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results