shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s Growing in PSer''s Garden

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it MC!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thought i would see some illegal plants.
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great photos Mochi! The colors are gorgeous, and the bunnies are so cute.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi, you have the most beautiful backyard. I love all of your pictures that you post, especially on the colored stone thread too.

And just look at that little bunny
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. Tee hee, big brown eye. I would just want to pick him up and cuddle him.
36.gif
36.gif

Your flowers are gorgeous, love all of them. Thank you so much for posting these gorgeous pictures.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, gorgeous flowers and cutie patootie bunnies, yay spring! The only thing I have blooming in my garden right now is tulips. We brought back these from Amsterdam last year.

cmstulips001.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More tulips......

cmstulips2.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And some more tulips.....

cmstulips03.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you say we like tulips?????
9.gif

cmstulips4.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 3:53:13 PM
Author: Catmom
Can you say we like tulips?????
9.gif

Oh Michelle!!! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
tulips. Yours are soooooooo beautiful. How lucky you were to get Holland tulips. I so envy you.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Linda...the bunnies are so darn cute. Max found them when they were first born. He was carrying them around like a kitten. As soon as we put one back, he was carrying another one. They are getting bigger. Just took the pictures yesterday, so I''ll take another one in a few days just to see how much they have grown.

Catmom...I love tulips! Your''s is very colorful. We can''t grow them here in Florida, so sad! I love that rock with the potted plant in the middle....

mochi

Ideal_Rock
MC...I love your Panda!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could have a garden... I have two small pots of herbs, one is basil and the other thyme, that are currently dying...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I planted this 2 weeks ago. I cannot believe how much the pink petunia''s are taking off!

flowers 002pinkWave.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Red Knock Out roses that need a trim, like everything else in that bed. It''s on my to do list in the next week.
The bird house is made by a guy here in Texas. I like all the "found" objects on it.

flowers 004redbirdhouse.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Another birdhouse I bought in Canton, Texas this past week. Same guy made the red one.
It will go up in a flower bed this weekend.

flowers 006birdhouse1.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:28:26 AM
Author: mochi
Unfortunately alot of my daylilies'' name tag was destroyed by the lawn guy''s with their weed trimmer or pulled up my Max(my baby boxer)...
7.gif
But I don''t recognize those names as ones that I own. I have seen strawberry candy...it''s gorgeous.

I''m going to be ordering a bunch more in a couple of days from California. I love gardening, it''s one of my passions. You must also be a gardener, knowing the names of the daylilies.
Hey Mochi,

Yes, love gardening. I do it for a living! Hemerocallis (Day Lillies) and Clematis are my absolute passions. Thank you so much for starting this thread, I hope it keeps going through the season. I am starting outside work on Monday (less PS time now!). As things develop in all of my gardens, I will take pictures and post them.

Have you tried the Daylily "Pardon Me"? I swear it continued to bloom for over a month last year. I had over 20 stems and masses of blooms. I''ll try and find the photos. They are on my desktop I think. Can''t look now, because I''m headed outside to make a start on my own garden!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
these are cool little guys. I wish they would hang around for longer than a few weeks though.

Gailey, you have to post pics! I love Day Lillies. Are you a landscaper?

flowers 005StellaDoros.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 9:50:53 AM
Last one for now...some wild bunnies growing under my guava bush..
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lori

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Bebe...your garden is beautiful. I love your bird houses...
30.gif
30.gif

Gailey... I looked up that daylilly, it''s very pretty. I''m going to have to add that to my list. You really need to post some of your pictures. I really liked the steps that you posted before, you know, the stone steps. That is what I want to do in my back yard.
31.gif
31.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 6:19:54 PM
Author: bebe
these are cool little guys. I wish they would hang around for longer than a few weeks though.

Gailey, you have to post pics! I love Day Lillies. Are you a landscaper?
Bebe

Your little guys look to me like Stella D''Oro. Generally considered to be a high performer, at least here in Calgary (Zone 3). Now there are literally thousands of varieties, so you might not have a "Stella". Maybe buy a "Stella" this year and see if a) they are the same, or b) looks like yours but performs better. Newer varieties of Daylillies are being develolped all the time to be repeat bloomers, these are worth looking for.

Where I live, landscapers are generally considered to be companies that predominantly cut your grass. Baby Gailey is a landscaper - he couldn''t tell a pansy from a petunia or a pittosporum from a philadelphus! But he''ll put wicked stripes in your lawn and trim the edges to perfection. When people ask, I always say I''m a gardener and try explain the difference. Of course a landscaper could well be someone with a lot more gardening knowledge where you live, so I stopped myself from writing, "Bebe, wash your mouth out with soap and water"!!!

By the way, just love your ring, I hope it''s growing on you.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 5:41:47 PM
I planted this 2 weeks ago. I cannot believe how much the pink petunia''s are taking off!
Bebe,

Your petunia pot is lovely. Are those Caladiums beside them?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 3:45:42 PM
Author: Catmom
Aww, gorgeous flowers and cutie patootie bunnies, yay spring! The only thing I have blooming in my garden right now is tulips. We brought back these from Amsterdam last year.
Catmom, you got more than me blooming right now! AND you''ve got green grass - life could be much worse!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 5:44:15 PM
Red Knock Out roses that need a trim, like everything else in that bed. It''s on my to do list in the next week.
The bird house is made by a guy here in Texas. I like all the ''found'' objects on it.
And I just love your bird houses. Does the maker have a website Bebe?

Does your rose have red stems and lots of hips in the winter?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 9:37:52 PM
30.gif
30.gif

Gailey... I looked up that daylilly, it''s very pretty. I''m going to have to add that to my list. You really need to post some of your pictures. I really liked the steps that you posted before, you know, the stone steps. That is what I want to do in my back yard.
31.gif
31.gif
Huh? Can you remind me?

I can post some pictures, but they won''t be inkeeping with your thread, as they aren''t in bloom now. Shall I start another thread?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 10:04:19 PM
Author: Gailey

30.gif
30.gif

31.gif
31.gif
Huh? Can you remind me?

I can post some pictures, but they won''t be inkeeping with your thread, as they aren''t in bloom now. Shall I start another thread?

No...it''s growing right?? Would love to see pictures.
36.gif
36.gif

I thought you were the one that posted pictures of stone stepstones, but I maybe confused...it doesn''t really take much...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 10:30:53 PM

Date: 5/1/2009 10:04:19 PM

30.gif
30.gif

31.gif
31.gif
Huh? Can you remind me?

No...it''s growing right?? Would love to see pictures.
36.gif
36.gif

I thought you were the one that posted pictures of stone stepstones, but I maybe confused...it doesn''t really take much...
OK, well I''ll start with this one because it''s my favourite. These are Leucanthemum ''Crazy Daisy''. This image is on my business cards in honour of my beloved friend Shirley who encouraged me to start a business. I lost her to breast cancer 8 years ago and now every garden I work in gets one of these as a gift.

crazy dasies 85 percent.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
This beauty is a paeony called Duchess de Nemours. Should be in bloom next month. As of today, it is barely out of the ground!

Paeony Duchess de Nemours.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Another favourite in my own garden is Iris germanica ''Supreme Sultan''

I will get to the daylillies, gottta find them and resize them though!

Iris germanica Supreme Sultan.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
This was actually 3rd July 2008. Not the best colour combo I know, but I tend to use my own garden to test drive plants these days. The daylily that I mentioned earlier - Pardon me is in this shot, just not in bloom yet.

Now don''t be polite, if I get carried away and post too much stuff just give me a bit of an e-slap ok!

Iris & paeony.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:11:56 PM
This was actually 3rd July 2008. Not the best colour combo I know, but I tend to use my own garden to test drive plants these days. The daylily that I mentioned earlier - Pardon me is in this shot, just not in bloom yet.

Now don''t be polite, if I get carried away and post too much stuff just give me a bit of an e-slap ok!

Oh my goodness, no... I''m enjoying the pictures! I love the daisy, I found a place to get some seeds.
1.gif

The peony and the iris is absolutely stunning!! Too bad I can''t grow it here in FL...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results