shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s for dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 4:50:01 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/20/2009 4:36:29 PM
Author: Lorelei
I hungry, will you make me a sammich please?
25.gif
I dun have anything to make you one with. Sorry!

And I don''t know what I''m having, will have to stop at the store after taking mom to the dentist.

Lisa, sounds good! My guys hate rice.
39.gif
39.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
DH made 2 london broils on Saturday when we had company. As long as he didn''t eat it all for bfast today, we''re probably having leftovers tonight. One was marinated in miren and vinegar and then salt/peppered before grilling and then sprinkled with sugar just as it came off. It was wonderful. The other one was marinated in wine (i think) and then dusted with his special spice mix (no idea what''s in it) and grilled. It was good too.

I''ve got some sweet potatoes, some broccoli and some asparagus to round it all out.....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 4:52:11 PM

25.gif

And I don''t know what I''m having, will have to stop at the store after taking mom to the dentist.

39.gif
39.gif
I''ll be happy to make you something Lorelei.

I like white rice but not brown rice. I know brown rice is good for ya, so make it for DD and DH. I will be skipping it myself, LOL.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 4:57:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh

I like white rice but not brown rice. I know brown rice is good for ya, so make it for DD and DH. I will be skipping it myself, LOL.
I like both but prefer brown. I never get either, unless I order it out.
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 4:57:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 7/20/2009 4:52:11 PM

25.gif

39.gif
39.gif
I''ll be happy to make you something Lorelei.

Thank you Kaleigh, I am starving. I only had a measly lean cuisine pizza....
15.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
what''s for dinner tonight ladies? I ended up not making dinner last night because I was toooo tired. So we had cereal instead. So tonight I''m making swordfish picatta and I think I''m going to try to make zucchini pancakes to go with it.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
bbq''d chicken breasts, roasted potatoes and just freshly picked corn on the cob!
18.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 4:56:26 PM
Author: April20
DH made 2 london broils on Saturday when we had company. As long as he didn''t eat it all for bfast today, we''re probably having leftovers tonight. One was marinated in miren and vinegar and then salt/peppered before grilling and then sprinkled with sugar just as it came off. It was wonderful. The other one was marinated in wine (i think) and then dusted with his special spice mix (no idea what''s in it) and grilled. It was good too.

I''ve got some sweet potatoes, some broccoli and some asparagus to round it all out.....
hmmmm...those marinades sound great. I''ll have to try those.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
DH made a huge pot of New Orleans Red Beans with Louisiana sausage
served over brown rice.

I will have to give it a whirl in the blender to eat it. It smells sooooo good.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
tonight is roast chicken, but last night was a fabbo beef casserole. started by frying sliced onions and bacon, then added the steak till lightly browned, then simmered it all in red wine, tomato puree, a little brown sugar, mixed italian herbs and a little brown gravy powder. added sliced, dried mushrooms, then cooked them in the sauce till fattened, occasionally adding a little water to keep it the right consistency.

had it with glazed carrots and steamed asparagus - YUMMO!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Had bratwurst, sauerkraut and Sam Adams beer. It was very good
18.gif
- I hope I don''t regret it later! LOL!

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
I love reading about what everyone has for dinner but it always makes me feel so hungry!
18.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I again didn''t have what I planned on having. I hurt my neck the other day and I worked from home this afternoon because of it. I took a cyclobenzaprine and promptly passed out for two hours. DH was already home and fed when I woke up. So I had green bean almondine for dinner and the fish is in the fridge for dinner tomorrow.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re grilling tonight!
Salmon (for DH)
Chicken (for me)
and
Spaghetti squash and asparagus sides

Mmmmmm.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 8:18:09 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Well I again didn''t have what I planned on having. I hurt my neck the other day and I worked from home this afternoon because of it. I took a cyclobenzaprine and promptly passed out for two hours. DH was already home and fed when I woke up. So I had green bean almondine for dinner and the fish is in the fridge for dinner tomorrow.

Success!!! We finally had the swordfish and zucchini pancakes. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 8:01:52 PM
Author: Haven
We''re grilling tonight!
Salmon (for DH)
Chicken (for me)
and
Spaghetti squash and asparagus sides
Mmmmmm.

OH MY GOSH!

Spaghetti squash = heaven. It might be my new favorite food.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I made some garlic spinach risotto and had some chicken breast

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 8:18:22 PM
Date: 7/21/2009 8:18:09 PM

Success!!! We finally had the swordfish and zucchini pancakes. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Zucchini pancakes? That sounds DELICIOUS! Care to share your recipe?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m making Stuffed Bell Peppers, with a Parmagianno Risotto and some ground sausage, mushrooms, leeks, etc.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re yummy and super easy.

2 medium zucchini
1 tsp garlic powder
salt + pepper to taste
1/4 cup flour(i use rice flour)
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup parm cheese
cooking spray

Shred the zucchini on top of a cloth dishtowel
once shredded, squeeze the towel over the sink to get the water out of the zuchs
Put zuch into a mixing bowl.
Add S+P, garlic powder, flour and parm cheese and mix
Add beaten egg and incorporate into the mixture

Preheat your pan-medium to high heat add cooking spray
Place heaping tablespoons of mixture onto the pan and spread out using the spoon. Pancakes should be 1/4-1/2 thick.
Cook until brown on one side and flip to cook the other side (time depends on your pan and heat) You''re looking for a deep golden brown
when done, place pancakes on a paper towel to remove any extra oil and condensation from cooking (this also keeps them somewhat crisp).

Serve with sour cream or yogurt sauce. I like making a curry sauce (mix yogurt/SC with 1 tsp curry powder) and serving them with that.

These are super good and pretty good for you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren those sound yummy. Are you stuffing the peppers with the risotto??

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
we just finished dinner! poor BF was stuck at work late and i didn''t get to go to the grocery store, so i did a fridge & freezer raid. i made a frittata with ground turkey, spinach and a bit of shredded cheese. i made a salad with some white rice on the side and it turned out really good! it was a great way to clean out the fridge too.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight we''re grilling steak pinwheels made with spinach and provolone. I love Whole Foods, they have such great stuff!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
HH, that sounds sooo yummy! We had seafood pasta! It was delicious!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spinach Lasagna from Costco, deeeelicious!
18.gif
I also had a bowl of cherries!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Sorry ladies that I haven''t been keeping up with this thread..

Tonight, we had home made burritos with free-range chicken breasts (with spice-mix) put together with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red capsicum, fresh corn off the cob plus salsa
and grated cheese.
18.gif

For dessert - (and yes, this is the main reason I posted, lol) - I have discovered *the most amazing* icey poles at my local Asian Deli - I thought I would share as I know many members love Asian-style treats like Bubble Tea as much as I do...

They are imported from Korea, the brand is "Binggrae" and my favourite is the "Melona" or Melon flavoured Ice Bar
5.gif

man - these things are incredible! Tastes just like a honeydew/watermelon mixed and with and awesome texture.
3.gif

They also do a Green Tea or Red Bean flavour, the latter of which actually has lil chunks of red beans through it...sooooo yummy!!

I have no idea if anyone will have these over there, but if you love quirky Asian foods and desserts you *must* find one
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been trying to keep up as best I could, but no one else was posting and I felt like it was becoming a "What''s HH had for dinner" thread ;-)

So the night before last we had steak kabobs with zucchini, red peppers and onions and I served it with a side of quinoa.

Last night we had chicken with peanut/sesame sauce and broccoli and ginger sauce.

Tonight we''re having burgers. Maybe tex-mex burgers or cheese burgers, not sure which...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Somebody here made zucchini pancakes last week, so I decided to look up a recipe and I made a variation of these the other night: zucchini, sweet potato and feta pancakes.
18.gif

FI almost died and went to heaven. Who would have thought savory pancakes could be THAT good?!

So anyway, thanks for the suggestions!
35.gif
36.gif

eta: ahhhh! It was YOU HH. Thanks!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome! Those sound super yummy
18.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 9:45:54 PM
Lauren those sound yummy. Are you stuffing the peppers with the risotto??
Steph, just saw this because I''m horrible at searching PS for where I''ve been asked a question.
3.gif

Yes, the peppers were stuffed with risotto and a ton of veggies and the ground beef. They were pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results