shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s for dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I made eggplant parmesan and spinach salad tonight. It was my first time making eggplant parm and I found a pretty good recipe on allrecipes.com that use baked (not fried) breaded eggplant.

We just got a slower cooker as a wedding present and I''m excited to learn a whole new repetoire of cookinng with it! That beef sandwhich sounds like a great one!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Mush, mush and more smushed mush!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I ordered delivery pizza as a special treat. My oldest son is at a slumber party and my younger 3 kids were begging for it. We have not had it in ages and I figured my oldest was having it for dinner. I had it too. It was really good!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to eat Korean BBQ for dinner, but DH really was not in the mood to eat out so we ordered In N Out burghers to go......

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, to celebrate the end of the school year (ended on Friday), James and I are going out tonight for my favourite--Thai!! I haven't had it in over a year, and I am really excited!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 1:42:43 AM
Author: zhuzhu
I wanted to eat Korean BBQ for dinner, but DH really was not in the mood to eat out so we ordered In N Out burghers to go......
zhu, can you tell me what this is like, compared to "American" BBQ? I'm intrigued, never heard of it!

And bebe, what is mush? Besides what Eskimos say to sled dogs.
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Polish Kielbasa, veggies, and possibly pierogies.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow''s my brother-in-law''s birthday, and he basically liked macaroni and cheese, pzza, and bread.

I''m making a pancetta, bacon and cheddar risotto torte, DH just made a loaf of bacon and cheddar bread, and I''m going to make a side of sauteed spinach to have along with all of that fat and cheese.
3.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ham loaf (made by our local meat store, yum!), baked potatoes, green beans and homemade dutch apple pie for dessert
18.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s Viccino''s deep dish pizza for us tonight!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I made a yummy chicken casserole and a side of fried okra. It was yummy. I have been craving good old fashioned comfort food!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
just walked in the door from dinner out....

started with an iceberg lettuce wedge salad with fresh made blue cheese dressing, then a very nice bouillabaisse and a glass of chardonnay.

YUM.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
We are having chicken with alfredo pasta, and brocolli mixed in . One my all time fav''s. YUM!! We use grilled chicken, frozen brocollli and then wheat pasta with a low carb alfredo mix. SOOOO GOOOD!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH is getting the grill going as I type this. We''re having steak tips with a rosemary and sea salt rub and sauteed zucchini.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Grilled salmon with basil lemon butter, herbed rice, and fresh steamed green beans. Blueberry crumble w/ vanilla ice cream for dessert.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 8:18:37 AM
Author: Ellen

zhu, can you tell me what this is like, compared to ''American'' BBQ? I''m intrigued, never heard of it!

And bebe, what is mush? Besides what Eskimos say to sled dogs.
9.gif

Hi Ellen,

Korean BBQ is a table BBQ where you cook your meat directly on your table top. The servers will bring the types of meat you ordered (or vegetables for grilling), along with rice, salad, and typically 6-10 different types of cold "small dishes" which is traditional part of Korean meal. Very often you can order other items like seafood pancake, various types of soups/stews (often spicy). It is a wonderfully rich dining experience for me.

Picture is worth a thousand words so here you go! http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/5hQPJlDEmkR4QVETuF5rCA?select=FquMp3MwI9WP29AgvIimxA

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 10:00:24 PM
Author: cellentani
Grilled salmon with basil lemon butter, herbed rice, and fresh steamed green beans. Blueberry crumble w/ vanilla ice cream for dessert.
We are having salmon too! My FI caught 18 reds this past weekend
18.gif

Living in Alaska can be good at times...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 9:52:01 PM
Author: gaby06
We had nachos for dinne, totopos covered with beans, cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, queso fresco and jalapeños pickled in vinegar
26.gif
so yummy
9.gif

Gaby, what are totopos?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, thanks for the recipe on the shredded beef sammies! Will definitely bust out the slow cooker to try them.

Tonight, I am having a half pint of lemon gelato for dinner.
15.gif
It was a bazillion degrees at work (or 90, if you want to get technical), so food sounded vomitous all day, haven't eaten anything except an iced latte. And our apt on the 3rd floor is about the same. Cats is melted.

At least that means the boy is willing to barbecue a lot. Hudson Hawk, that's my favorite way to do steaks- sea salt & rosemary, and a bit of worcester sauce. Yum!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

I *love* going to Korean BBQ - it''s such a fun and social way to dine - and delicious
18.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scallops and whole wheat pasta with steamed veggies tonight!
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 10:33:28 PM

Hi Ellen,

Korean BBQ is a table BBQ where you cook your meat directly on your table top. The servers will bring the types of meat you ordered (or vegetables for grilling), along with rice, salad, and typically 6-10 different types of cold 'small dishes' which is traditional part of Korean meal. Very often you can order other items like seafood pancake, various types of soups/stews (often spicy). It is a wonderfully rich dining experience for me.

Picture is worth a thousand words so here you go! http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/5hQPJlDEmkR4QVETuF5rCA?select=FquMp3MwI9WP29AgvIimxA
Thank you so much for the pic, you're right, it says it all. That looks like so much fun!! And sounds yummers... We don't have anything like that near us. But then, living where we do, we don't have much of anything close.
39.gif

steph, you said the "O" word! *gags*
9.gif
2.gif

HH, could you be so kind as to elaborate on the steak rub pwease? (proportions especially)

LGK, you're welcome! Let me know how it goes. And that goes for others I know are trying it too! Yikes, it's hot there, don't blame you for having the "dinner" you did.

Musey, scallops are my favorite sea food.
18.gif

Some of these dinners sound so lovely and elegant. If I were younger, I'd be hounding many of you for the recipes. I used to love cooking and trying new things. However, since I've been cooking since I was about 12, I'm really burned out on the whole thing. Which is kinda sad...

Hubby likes to tell people I'm a wonderful cook, when I cook.
9.gif
11.gif
40.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:34:23 AM
18.gif
Me too! I like the jumbo guys, but I always buy the small bay scallops to cook at home. I don''t like them nearly as well.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, could you be so kind as to elaborate on the steak rub pwease? (proportions especially)

Oh it's super easy. I use this on a lot of stuff-chicken, lamb and beef especially.

The ratio/quantity isn't exact....just eyeball everything,

To make a batch to keep in the pantry (I do this in the fall for winter)-Take kosher salt or a medium grind sea salt (maybe 1 cup) and some fresh coarsely-chopped rosemary (maybe 2 tablespoons) and warm them together in a pan on medium heat. The heat releases the oils from the rosemary into the salt. Then you pour it into a glass or Tupperware container that you can seal well and let it cure for a few days. The salt becomes fused with the rosemary flavor/fragrance.

In the summer when I have fresh rosemary I just take a few sprigs and coarsely chop it up. Then I sprinkle that, sea or kosher salt, and pepper on the steak and rub it in a bit.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 3:18:01 PM
Author: musey

Date: 7/20/2009 8:34:23 AM
18.gif
Me too! I like the jumbo guys, but I always buy the small bay scallops to cook at home. I don't like them nearly as well.
Me too, and I haven't even bought any in ages. Once these boys move out, maybe I can start splurging again!
11.gif

I made this for my dads bday once, after having it in a restaurant. (not this exact recipe, but I figure Emeril would do it up right, as recipes can vary, this is close to what I used best I can remember-minus the dry essence) Heavenly. If you haven't had it/made it, try it, you'll like it!
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 4:26:37 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Oh it''s super easy. I use this on a lot of stuff-chicken, lamb and beef especially.

The ratio/quantity isn''t exact....just eyeball everything,

To make a batch to keep in the pantry (I do this in the fall for winter)-Take kosher salt or a medium grind sea salt (maybe 1 cup) and some fresh coarsely-chopped rosemary (maybe 2 tablespoons) and warm them together in a pan on medium heat. The heat releases the oils from the rosemary into the salt. Then you pour it into a glass or Tupperware container that you can seal well and let it cure for a few days. The salt becomes fused with the rosemary flavor/fragrance.

In the summer when I have fresh rosemary I just take a few sprigs and coarsely chop it up. Then I sprinkle that, sea or kosher salt, and pepper on the steak and rub it in a bit.
Awesome, thank you!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight I have no idea what I'm going to make. We have a little left over steak, but I can send that to work with DH tomorrow. It's not really enough for two people to have tonight. So my choices for protein are chicken, hamburger, salmon or swordfish. I'm thinking maybe salmon or swordfish...the salmon I could do in a packet with white wine and capers, or I could do the swordfish broiled with lemon sauce....hrmmm....I have lots of zuchinni or asparagus as well for veggies....Maybe I'll make zucchini pancakes....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hungry, will you make me a sammich please?
25.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am grilling boneless chicken breasts that have been marinating in a lemon garlic sauce. Will serve it with steamed green beans and brown rice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 4:36:29 PM
Author: Lorelei
I hungry, will you make me a sammich please?
25.gif
I dun have anything to make you one with. Sorry!

And I don't know what I'm having, will have to stop at the store after taking mom to the dentist.

Lisa, sounds good! My guys hate rice.
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results