Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Square cushion

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • See results without voting

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Here's the best I could do. Tried to find a frontal shot of ring, but it is on someone else's hand. Should find VL, she does a really professional looking mockup.

img_93.jpg

img_95.jpg

img_95a.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think the tsav and the GOE spinel are very special and deserve custom settings. I have to back pedal because I do think the luc yen looks good in this setting too, even though I had to tweak its proportions in the photo. also I had changed the prong colors to yello for the cobalt but lazy beast that I am I did not change it for the luc yen. Its been a tough afternoon for me, but give me a few hours and I'll try to put the other color of the luc yen in a setting photo

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: Back to my original vote!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue spinel. I don't like the lavender with the yellow gold. I'm afraid it would wash out the delicate shade!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

_975.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Placing the cobalt next to the lavender so there's no need to flip pages to decide.

_977.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, are these the final 2 choices - lavender or cobalt ovals? Depends on what look you want - strong or soft. Personally, I would go for the cobalt (strong) option because the contrast is more dramatic. The lavender is nice, but its too 'soft' of a look for what I'd choose for myself.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to list out who voted for what because I messed everything up by being indecisive. :oops: We are now back to the two original choices and those who want cushions, your vote will not be counted. Sorry!

Blue oval
Enerchi, Thbmok (?), VL, Amelia, JewelFreak, MTG and Freke.

Lavender rectangle
LD and ???

If I missed someone or made a mistake, please correct me.

JewelJunke,
What was your vote? Also, VL is a guy. ;))

Thbmok,
I can't keep track of your vote, so I'm not sure which shape or stone you voted for again.

VL,
Thank you so much for taking the time to redo the lavender spinel. I have to admit that initially, I was leaning for the oval but after seeing your new mockup, I'm skewed towards the lavender spinel now. I agree that the big oval and tsav deserve something really special and I've decided to take them out of the running for this VC ring. BTW, what is your vote in this? Also, what is GOE spinel? Giant oval something spinel?

To all,
After calming down last night, I realized I was really hasty due to excitement over finally owning a die struck Van Craeynest piece that will soon no longer be made this way. The new ones are going to be cast due to die struck being very expensive and people understandably not wanting to spend $$$$ for something that is mostly metal and hardly any bling. The right thing to do is to wait until the setting arrives next week, then place the stones on the setting to see which is best.

Enerchi,
Yes, we are back to these two choices. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the review, Chrono!

I'm definitely the blue oval - so I'm back to my original vote (sad to see you go, green tsav :(sad ) Geesh, I think I owe you $0.10 now!!

It will be beautiful - that VC setting is gorgeous! When can we hope to see the final finished product?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: My vote was originally for a square cushion. Switched it to the blue oval, and switched back to the green square cushion. I missed your post that the green square cushion is no longer an option, so I'll switch it back to the blue oval again. 8)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
thbmok|1348226730|3272121 said:
:lol: My vote was originally for a square cushion. Switched it to the blue oval, and switched back to the green square cushion. I missed your post that the green square cushion is no longer an option, so I'll switch it back to the blue oval again. 8)

Yay "Team Blue Oval"! ;))

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
I like the small lavender. The last photoshop Mr. VL did was a clincher. :appl:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Realized I didn't vote. Blue oval gets my vote.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the square cushion, but just saw that you no longer consider it as an option. Anyway, I really like seahorsegurl's e-ring (the one Jeweljunke linked to), which is the same setting as yours but with a #4 head. These floral prongs are my all time favorite.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pulled the stones from the vault yesterday and the setting was shipped today. There'll be another update by midweek.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Originally I voted for the cobalt spinel. After doing the photoshop I am changing my vote to the luc yen. While the cobalt looks great in the setting, it is also somewhat...expected, common, pedestrian....it isn't really those things but Im not sure how to say it. It just looks like a really nice sapphire ring. The luc yen, however, in the setting looks like it is something special and unusual...which it is. I had thought the stone too soft in tone for the strong color and decoration on the ring, but after photoshoping the prongs yellow too, i think it looks good...does not overpower or unbalance the delicacy of the stone, actually makes it simultaneously more delicate and nuanced, AND strong. I dont know how to change my vote in the poll, so it is not reflected in those results. By GOE I meant kingdom of red spinel, and my acronym was erroneous.

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
I'm casting my vote for the lavender. It's more delicate and elegant and seems to match the setting to me. The cobalt is a more bold look and I hesitate to use this word but can't think of a better one right now - ordinary. Okay, I know it's not ordinary, but I definitely prefer the softer lavender and gold combination, especially with the fine scrollwork.

Apparently I was posting at the same time as VL and we were both trying to say something similar.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL,
Thanks for the well thought out response. Your photoshop with the yellow prongs swayed my decision for the same reasons. We'll see when I put the three together. I've allowed the option to change your vote, so just pick a different option and the vote will re-tally the results without counting it as an additional vote.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1348367656|3273064 said:
I pulled the stones from the vault yesterday and the setting was shipped today. There'll be another update by midweek.

Phew, I'm glad I waited and dithered on this one then :bigsmile:

Personally I feel the blue seems to be in competition with the setting and I much prefer the spinel, though I would like to see that absolutely stunning Luc Yen in something a little more streamlined.

Pending midweek I think I've settled on the tsav...oh that's right we're back to lavender and blue. There's nothing for it. You're just going to have to buy another cushion tsav to fit it. ;)) The shape was right and the colour was strong and held it's own against the richness of the setting and the oblong diamond settings it sits between. It just looked so right somehow.

So I voted rectangular cushion.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, everything is blurry and hence can not understand If we stll have three choices. Sounds that we do, so I voted square cushion. if not, blue spinel.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will list a recount tomorrow but to the nine who voted square cushions, please change your vote if you want to be counted. What I have will not fit and I prefer to set what I already own. So, please, NO cushions. :angryfire: :halo:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Changed my vote- I'm back to my original oval. I'll try to get over the fact we'll not be viewing that gorgeous green tsav cushion in that setting.... I'll try...

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Blue oval! ;))
~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I've throughly confused everybody over the weekend. :twirl:
Cookie, what is your vote?

Here's the new voting breakdown for each colour.

Blue Oval:
Enerchi, Thbmok, Amelia, MTG, Freke, Arkteia, and Justin.
3 un-named voters

Lavender Rectangle:
LD, JewelJunke, VL and Bluebirrd

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having trouble photographing the lavender spinel - it keeps reflecting too much light back and all I see is sparkles instead of colour. Surely that's a good thing but it doesn't help when I am trying to make a colour choice. ::)

There are quickie snap shots which are blurry and the stones weren't wiped down properly.

spinels_and_emerald.jpg

_1014.jpg

trio_indoors.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I also voted rectangular cushion i.e. the lavender spinel.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue oval...so rich looking with the gold!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for re-voting and voting. The setting arrived this afternoon and I'll start a new thread (poll) with pictures of the stones plopped atop the setting since this I conducted this one very poorly.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, Chrono, but we need more options, so please be a little more selfless, think of us and go buy some more stones :bigsmile: A nice ruby. More blues of different shades and shapes. Then we can talk... ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results