shape
carat
color
clarity

what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
when communicating with a vendor about a purchase and this consultant says he will get back to you and he doesn''t answer any of your calls or emails (2 emails and one call) and it''s been 2 days..what do you do? The only reason I called and emailed was because he didn''t get back to me with the information he promised. Mind you this is the same consultant that misquoted me initially..then came back with new price 1k more than initial quote. Do you just shop elsewhere? If you like the vendor, do you just ask for another consultant? WWYD?
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 10:05:20 AM
Author:atroop711
when communicating with a vendor about a purchase and this consultant says he will get back to you and he doesn't answer any of your calls or emails (2 emails and one call) and it's been 2 days..what do you do? The only reason I called and emailed was because he didn't get back to me with the information he promised. Mind you this is the same consultant that misquoted me initially..then came back with new price 1k more than initial quote. Do you just shop elsewhere? If you like the vendor, do you just ask for another consultant? WWYD?
33.gif
If it was me, I would give them one final telephone call requesting the info or a response within 24 hours for example, then if nothing I would move on, but it depends on the vendor for me. If it was a vendor I liked and had worked with previously with a good result I would be more inclined to extend them the benefit of the doubt than I would with a new vendor.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:09:35 AM
Author: Lorelei

when communicating with a vendor about a purchase and this consultant says he will get back to you and he doesn''t answer any of your calls or emails (2 emails and one call) and it''s been 2 days..what do you do? The only reason I called and emailed was because he didn''t get back to me with the information he promised. Mind you this is the same consultant that misquoted me initially..then came back with new price 1k more than initial quote. Do you just shop elsewhere? If you like the vendor, do you just ask for another consultant? WWYD?
33.gif

If it was me, I would give them one final telephone call requesting the info or a response within 24 hours for example, then if nothing I would move on, but it depends on the vendor for me. If it was a vendor I liked and had worked with previously with a good result I would be more inclined to extend them the benefit of the doubt than I would with a new vendor.

Thanks so much. I will give one more call.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 10:14:24 AM
Author: atroop711

Date: 2/11/2009 10:09:35 AM

33.gif

Thanks so much. I will give one more call.
Glad to help, keep us posted!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I''ve been following your many eternity band dilemma threads (I feel your pain
39.gif
). I just wanted to bring up
something that someone mentioned in another thread that vendors are probably really busy right now
due to V Day. I know its hard to wait on any thing but maybe you should give them a little more time.
I would keep calling but just keep in mind it may take a while to get back to you because they are trying
to hit a V Day deadline.

Tyty

Cant wait to see pics of your ring (when you do get it! Hang in there!!!)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:06:24 AM
Author: tyty333
Hi,

39.gif

something that someone mentioned in another thread that vendors are probably really busy right now

due to V Day. I know its hard to wait on any thing but maybe you should give them a little more time.

I would keep calling but just keep in mind it may take a while to get back to you because they are trying

to hit a V Day deadline.

Tyty

thanks so much and yes I agree with the V-Day rush. I did FINALLY get through to the consultant. He apologized for not getting back to me but said he was not in the office yesterday. He still needs to get the info that I asked for and promised he will get back to me before noon.

UNTIL then I contacted another vendor (Dimend Scaasi) and they have been very nice and given me a quote too. They actually have the EXACT band I want but they are a tad more expensive than my initial vendor...so now the question is do I pay more (like $600 more) and get the exact setting I fell in love with http://www.dimendscaasi.com/wedding/forHer/pages/wed02F.asp
30.gif

or do I go with the initial vendor that I have experience with but the setting is not exactly what I want but a variation
http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/23902

oh the decisions...
33.gif
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 11:06:24 AM
Hi,
39.gif
to hit a V Day deadline.

Tyty

I know that is the case with V day, but even if they just drop a quick email saying "sorry we are so busy but we haven''t forgotten about you", would go a long way towards keeping the customer happy - I know it makes a difference to me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, a short email would go a long way...or an auto email saying they are out of the office and will be back at
such n such date would be a big help too.

Atroop - I''m usually a pretty pratical girl and would say go with the less expensive one but the lines on the
more expensive one reminds me of a Leon Mege ring...so fluid and yummy! So... I''m saying go with the
setting that you love (you plan on wearing this ring for the rest of your life???). Am I being a good enabler?
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:52:38 AM
Yes, a short email would go a long way...or an auto email saying they are out of the office and will be back at

Atroop - I''m usually a pretty pratical girl and would say go with the less expensive one but the lines on the

more expensive one reminds me of a Leon Mege ring...so fluid and yummy! So... I''m saying go with the

setting that you love (you plan on wearing this ring for the rest of your life???). Am I being a good enabler?
9.gif

Yes you are being the good lil'' devil on my shoulder...but I''m not sure what I will do yet. I did hear back from my initial vendor with the final price quote and it''s really making this hard on me. I''m off to take my daughter to school but I have to make a decision this afternoon. I will keep you posted

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:56:36 AM

9.gif

Yes you are being the good lil'' devil on my shoulder...but I''m not sure what I will do yet. I did hear back from my initial vendor with the final price quote and it''s really making this hard on me. I''m off to take my daughter to school but I have to make a decision this afternoon. I will keep you posted

TYTY I forgot to add....the setting that I''m not totally in love with comes with better diamonds...Hmmmm makes the decision HARD

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
Yep, I tend to get angry if I feel I am forgotten and just a quick line really helps. I am going through this with another company right now, I was assured they would call yesterday and nothing, now it is almost the end of the second business day for me and STILL nothing. I have emailed them to ask why I haven''t been contacted as promised so we shall see....

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
WELL I DID IT! I ordered the ring...So now it''s wait and see. Once I receive pics I will share them with you all. Wish me luck!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 2:47:50 PM
WELL I DID IT! I ordered the ring...So now it''s wait and see. Once I receive pics I will share them with you all. Wish me luck!
36.gif
YAY congrats!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:53:43 PM

36.gif

YAY congrats!!!

Thanks...now the waiting game
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 2:54:51 PM

Date: 2/11/2009 2:53:43 PM

36.gif

YAY congrats!!!

Thanks...now the waiting game
31.gif
LOL!!! Fun but frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results