shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I bought this pretty little pin on ebay for a steal! I was especially attracted to it because of the diamonds. There are seven oec cut stones, about 2.5mm each, with visible culets! The piece is just over 1 inch in length. Based on it''s size and shape, I have not worn it as a pin, just too small to be what I like. I love just looking at it, but I wonder if there would be another way to enjoy it. Does anyone have any ideas on a re-do of this baby?

IMG_061011.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and the diamonds look very nice. I would leave it as is or make it into a pendant. Those are probably natural pearls which are very rare these days.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
They are natural, and not quite round. How would you make it into a pendant? I''ve tried to hang it lengthwise on a chain and it doesn''t look good like that.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s very cool and the natural pearls make it even cooler! hmmmm I''d keep it as is for now. That''s a toughy. Very neat piece!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It''s just that I''m not wearing it as is. It is too beautiful to just sit in my jewelry box! I''m thinking maybe a baroque pearl dangle hanging under the middle diamond, and then a chain attaching at either end near the smaller pearls.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What about adapting this vintage pearl stickpin as a dangle?

stick pin.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This would be even prettier, I think. The diamond is 2.5mm, like the pin, and the pearl measures 8.5mmx8.0mm.

GarageSale_1231528338_31882.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
?

pin mockup 1.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That website is droolicious, coati!! It brought up another idea! My name means "honeybee" and I''ve always wanted to have a piece of jewelry that represented that. I love the idea of a little honeybee dangling from this pin. Can anyone help me find one??

17021M.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Shoot me now!!!! 4800 pounds!

pin mockup 2.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pin!!! I like your idea of adding a dangle and a chain, that bee pin is super cute! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 1:36:18 PM
Author: Upgradable
Shoot me now!!!! 4800 pounds!
6.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful piece! I love the idea of a dangle!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That honeybee is sooooooooo cute. I inherited one from my Grandmother but we were burgled and it was stolen. I was heartbroken and have always looked to see if I can find a replacement. Your idea of having one as a dangly on a pendant is lovely. I do hope you go with this idea.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just need to find a nice one that matches the era of the pin and doesn''t cost a bazillion dollars!!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
what a beautiful piece! I looove it!

Here''s a thought, not sure if it''s a terrible idea, but what if you added white gold thin double chains on each side. It would give it kind of a Georgian look. So coming off of each end would be two white gold thin chains. Perhaps the upper one could be shorter to create space between them and perhaps that kind of scalloped look of vintage necklaces. Anyone have any images that could help me explain this?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m seeing it, deco! Sounds very pretty and in keeping with the spirit of the piece. Any suggestions on the type of link?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Is this better or worse than the pearl dangle? I''d prefer the bee, but I can''t afford that route.

mockup3.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 11:24:02 PM
Author: LoveDeco
what a beautiful piece! I looove it!

Here''s a thought, not sure if it''s a terrible idea, but what if you added white gold thin double chains on each side. It would give it kind of a Georgian look. So coming off of each end would be two white gold thin chains. Perhaps the upper one could be shorter to create space between them and perhaps that kind of scalloped look of vintage necklaces. Anyone have any images that could help me explain this?
I think that pin is very pretty. LD''s idea is wonderful and inexpensive. It also keeps with the antique look.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the crude mock up, but how about a chain that attaches to each end, and then comes up to a point that can be a diamond, a gem, a pearl.

upgradablependantidea.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
TL, I love the idea!. I can play with a chain and see how it looks.

And Loving..... those bees are great!! I still am hooked on the bee idea!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Uppy,

how are those side pearls attached? personally, i love it as it is. i think a drop pearl and diamond would be stunning, but if it was me, at that point i''d take off the end pearls (which, granted, would be a big shame) if i were to add a center drop. there''s something about the pearls on either end *with* the drop pearl that kind of reminds me of an insect. or a robot. or something. but this is just me!

so i''d leave it as is. i think the pearls either end are quirky and nicely balanced. but i think if you add a third pearl the pearls start to out-weigh the diamonds and you lose the more streamlined approach. if it was my pin, and given that i wear my hair up a lot, i''d probably have it made into a hair clip. i think there is nothing more romantic than jewels in a woman''s hair. :)

anyway, i love it, Up - what a great find!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 6:49:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Sorry for the crude mock up, but how about a chain that attaches to each end, and then comes up to a point that can be a diamond, a gem, a pearl.

What about flipping this around and dropping a baroque pearl off of the point? I would then have the chain attach to both ends of the pin at the top.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have an aversion to altering antiques, but I have tons of brooches and rarely wear them. Lately I''ve been wearing the larger brooches on grosgrain ribbons around my neck, as chokers. It''s a dramatic look and not particularly fashionable, though, so I may look like a bit of a weirdo. Still, it''s a comfortable way of turning a brooch into a necklace.

I can see yours on either a wide black grosgrain choker (vertically, as the clasp in front), or horizontally on a thin pearl-pink satin ribbon with the ends floating down. Or you could use it to clasp a ribbon around your wrist as a bracelet.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Bracelet........ ooooooo, lot of new ideas simmering.

I would wear it as is, but the pin is large enough that it droops or hangs over when worn horizontally. It''s just suck a pretty little piece!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results