shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you just need to wear it in thicker fabric. Or put a piece of felt behind your blouse (or whatever you''re pinning it to), so there''s something thick for it to go through. That might keep it sitting straight.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
beautiful pin. I think i would make it into earrings.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:36:44 AM
Author: glitterata
I have an aversion to altering antiques, but I have tons of brooches and rarely wear them. Lately I''ve been wearing the larger brooches on grosgrain ribbons around my neck, as chokers. It''s a dramatic look and not particularly fashionable, though, so I may look like a bit of a weirdo. Still, it''s a comfortable way of turning a brooch into a necklace.

I can see yours on either a wide black grosgrain choker (vertically, as the clasp in front), or horizontally on a thin pearl-pink satin ribbon with the ends floating down. Or you could use it to clasp a ribbon around your wrist as a bracelet.

I bet you do NOT look like a weirdo! That sounds like a great idea, if my neck was longer I''d rock that look too. Have fun wearing what you have, your stuff always sounds amazing.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, I wore the pin ''as is'' today to church. Glitterata was right that if I gave it thick enough fabric to go through it wouldn''t droop. It looked very nice!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Excellent! I bet you got a lot of admiring glances.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 3:54:27 PM
Author: Upgradable
Well, I wore the pin ''as is'' today to church. Glitterata was right that if I gave it thick enough fabric to go through it wouldn''t droop. It looked very nice!

nice one, uppy :) i''ll bet it looked great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results