shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with a 31ct Australian Opal?

What should I do?

• Be wild for once & create a ring that is special & unique to you!

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • For durability create a pendant, plus it'd just look nicer on your neck than your finger!

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Don't EVER set it: keep it as a wonderful specimen!

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Sell that baby & use the money to create a small black opal ring!

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I dont know but I love it!!!

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
2 20 inch chains that a jeweler could connect? Depending on the type of chain. I imagine you will want something substantial.

Can I ask if you will wear it double? I'm tall and 40' is maybe 2 inches above my belly button...and that is without a gorgeous and huge pendant at the end!

I wont wear it doubled. I'm one of the odd ones that lovbe wearing a long chain. It looks very witchy and bohemian to me!
I own 3 ss ones that are 40 & I love wearing my crystal pendants on them!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I wont wear it doubled. I'm one of the odd ones that lovbe wearing a long chain. It looks very witchy and bohemian to me!
I own 3 ss ones that are 40 & I love wearing my crystal pendants on them!

I agree long chains are very lovely and bohemian. However, the visual impact of having a gem on the chain ruins the bohemian look for me, particularly one as large as your opal.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So I am officially selling the opal as Ive found another opal that would be more suited to a ring.

It has a smaller spread but is 47cts instead of 31cts & is nice and thick.
It is also Australian and comes from the same local as well and has even better color play for a white opal.

I decided that creating this beautiful pendant would be futile as I would only ever wear it on a long chain, & while I'd love the visual of how it'd look, I'd be too worried of smacking it on something and thus Id never wear it.

So this thread will still stay the same but change the 31 to 47 & I will be making a more wearable ring with the thick opal! It is still pretty large on the hand, for anyone but is much more suited for a ring than my large one.

I'll be listing the opal soon on LT and my instagram if anyone is interested & when I have the next opal in hand will upload some shots!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had a gem that shape and size, I would make it into a convertible pendant and pin. I think it would be a beautiful pin, and less likely to get hit. Might look wonderful with amethysts, rhodolite garnets or green stones for a halo, to contrast or complement the green flashes. A hair pin would also be cool

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to come & share the fabulous ending that this opal endured!

So I loved and adored this opal but just never was quite sure about wearing her and something in me never full felt like she was mine!

So....
I decided to put her back on the market and my great aunt ended up purchasing her for a big birthday of hers! She's a fellow CS lover and has only ever owned little mediocre opals so this was a huge dream come true for her!

Shes having it set into a pendant right now and boy was it meant to be!

The sweetest thing is that she told me that she's putting the opal to me in her will....it made me tear up a bit as she knows how much I loved it!

So happy and appropriate ending for all!!!! It stayed In the family ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to come & share the fabulous ending that this opal endured!

So I loved and adored this opal but just never was quite sure about wearing her and something in me never full felt like she was mine!

So....
I decided to put her back on the market and my great aunt ended up purchasing her for a big birthday of hers! She's a fellow CS lover and has only ever owned little mediocre opals so this was a huge dream come true for her!

Shes having it set into a pendant right now and boy was it meant to be!

The sweetest thing is that she told me that she's putting the opal to me in her will....it made me tear up a bit as she knows how much I loved it!

So happy and appropriate ending for all!!!! It stayed In the family ❤️

Great news indeed !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results