shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do? Knife edge solitaire vs. three stone with pear shaped sides...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ana, I did not realize there were varying versions of the Tiffany setting. I love the one you posted, though! If it had blue florescence instead of yellow, I might consider that specific ring as I think it has perfect proportions for me! But I still think I can choose a diamond and get it made for less than that. It would be neat to have a real Tiffany at a discount, though!

I aksed for a price on the Vatche setting to get something to compare to custom. I sure do wish we had PM''s. Jeremy, you wouldn''t want to give us an idea of how much a WF tiffany pear setting is, would you? (I realize I can call them, but I hate to get so involved with several vendors when I am not sure who I''ll end up going through).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2006 8:26:45 PM
Author: jldunn
DiamondSeeker,

I went with my girlfriend to Tiffany's to try these on, it was a lot of fun. She has a size 4 finger and the biggest that looked decent on her finger was a 1.3 center with 0.3 sides (each). The next size up they had was a 1.6 center with 0.6 on each side, to give an idea of the proportions they had.
Jeremy, those are the size ranges that I am looking for as well. I think you made a super choice to get WF to custom make it, though! I am going to try to find your thread now to look at your wax.

Ok, I remember it and thought it was perfect! Jeremy, you need to start your own thread on "show me the ring". Post the wax photos and then post the ring when you get it, and then hand shots, of course!
36.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''m going to go for it!

I just got off the phone with Lesley and she is waiting to hear back from Leon to see what matched pairs of pears are available from their cutter right now. This is so exciting. Thanks for your support everyone and I''ll be sure to post photos of the pears once I get them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I found out that the Vatche pear setting is over $4000. I am sincerely hoping that you will be able to tell me that WF charges a lot less than that!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
The good news is that the WF version will be less. The cost depends on the size of the pears you want and their quality. I wish we still had PMs. Once you are ready just call or email Lesley and she can provide a custom quote. It shouldn''t take more than a day or two for her to get back to you with pricing. Today was my first time talking to her and she seems really nice. I love her accent.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock

Cpster

35.gif

vote for 3 stone.
because if you are not going to wear wedding band or eternity.
only solitaire is something missing or too simple from my experiance.
however if I wear you I would not for big pear for not kill the center stone.
Lisa''s ring is very beautiful balance
30.gif
and setting
30.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Flower,

I agree, Kaleigh (Lisa''s) ring is very pretty! I''m going for the pears. Hopefully by next week I''ll have more details on the pear side stones. Here is my current E-ring. Sorry the photos are a little blurry.

47b6dc39b3127cce97d27a335ddc00000017100AaN3Dlu3ZMWNg

47b6dc39b3127cce97d265d79c9f00000017100AaN3Dlu3ZMWNg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, cpster, I love your diamond...so big and pretty!
30.gif

I think that since you don''t plan to wear a wedding band with your new setting, a three stone makes more sense. Otherwise people will be asking you when the wedding is.
2.gif

And Kaleigh''s ring is SO gorgeous! Yours will look like hers since you have such a large diamond.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you are going for it. You will love the look. I adore mine. I never get tired of it. I am really looking forward to seeing my ring's twin!!!
1.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely love the three-stone setting! And if you think your fingers are chubby at 6 3/4 I think I had better hide in the corner with my size 9 ring finger
39.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
cpster!
your E--ring is big and beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I was just about to place my vote for the pear sidestones when I decided I ahd better read page 2, in case you made a choice!!
Yeah!! I think that it will look really nice! I might have missed it, but what size pears are you lookng for?

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I should have put my diamond band into the photos too.
1.gif
After searching PS many times for all of the round brilliants with pear side stones I think that a pair of pears with a total weight between .60 and .70 will be ideal. Kaleigh's beautiful ring has .68 total. I can't wait unit I hear back from Lesley at WF to see what well matched pairs are available right now. I'm really concerned about the cut.

jldunn

Rough_Rock
cpster,

Congratulations on making the first contact :). It is very exciting. I get a tinge of cold feet every now and then with the long wait between making the order and completion, but a quick look at the pricescope price search tends to help comfort me that I''m getting a good deal and plugging some numbers into the holloway cut advisor reassures me that I''m getting a nice rock.

Diamondseeker,

with ~0.5 cttw F sides the setting was a little over $2,200

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Jeremy--Your ring is going to take your soon to be fiance''s breath away! I can''t wait to see it. When will it be done? You must post pictures!!!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 9:36:32 PM
Author: Patty

I think that since you don''t plan to wear a wedding band with your new setting, a three stone makes more sense. Otherwise people will be asking you when the wedding is.
2.gif
I didn''t wear a wedding band at first with my 3 stone ring (with pear sapphire sides), and I still got asked all the time when the wedding was! I finally just gave in and had a diamond and sapphire wedding band custom made to curve around the e-ring. Of course, I''m not complaining about getting more bling!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2006 10:28:24 PM
Author: jldunn
cpster,

Congratulations on making the first contact :). It is very exciting. I get a tinge of cold feet every now and then with the long wait between making the order and completion, but a quick look at the pricescope price search tends to help comfort me that I''m getting a good deal and plugging some numbers into the holloway cut advisor reassures me that I''m getting a nice rock.

Diamondseeker,

with ~0.5 cttw F sides the setting was a little over $2,200
Thank you, Jeremy! I think that is terrific! What a deal over the Vatche, plus it''s custom! Can''t wait to see your finished ring!

I really want to go visit WF. Do I recall that some of the PS ladies are going this spring?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I know you made a decision but just wanted to chime in that I actually went to Tiffany''s today and tried on the real deal. They had a couple of different sizes in their display case, to my surprise, and the 2ct had .75cwt pears; the 1.5ct center had I believe .6cwt pears.

I tried on the solitaire too, and if I were to ever get a solitaire again, that would be it. It is really the prettiest solitaire I have ever seen.

FWIW - I think you made a great choice going with the pear sides.
1.gif

jldunn

Rough_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results