shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do if a vendor privately solicited your business through your involvement on this sit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:46:46 PM
Author: Allison D.
Gypsy, I appreciate how difficult it must have been for you in knowing how to handle this, and I appreciate your consideration for my feelings.

When we were talking hypotheticals, I inferred the gist of your thread to mean 'some random vendor I've never had contact with before saw my post on PS and contacted me to solicit my business.' That would be a most clear violation of PS rules, and vendors who have done that previously have been banned.

The lines are less crystal clear it's communication to a customer who has previously initiated contact. It's pretty common in most businesses to reach out to people who've initiated a relationship with your company. I still hear occasionally from the realtor I worked with to buy my house four years ago. My mortgage broker drops me an email every now and then to tell me about things that might be helpful to me. When my hairdresser changed salons, she reached out to let me know. All of these are pretty standard and acceptable practices because I reached out to those people first to initiate some dialogue and therefore established a relationship. Even if I didn't end up buying from them (so wasn't technically a client), *I* initiated the contact.

I know most of you know that Debi is an extremely infrequent visitor to Pricescope territory; she enjoys the energy here, but as CEO of the company, she just doesn't have enough hours in the day. She relies on me (and John before me) to be the helpful Whiteflash voice on Pricescope. Since she isn't a frequent visitor here, she's not as thoroughly well-versed on what falls within the rules and what doesn't.

Seeing her email here, I recognize this as part of her recent efforts on customer outreach and maintaining the personal touch that people have come to love about Whiteflash. Her email wasn't an attempt to wilfully circumvent Pricescope rules, and it wouldn't be a breach of PS rules had she not specifically referenced Gypsy's recent thread.

That is where I feel it ran aground, and I'm sure this will be a learning experience for her. In fairness, though, I'll say that most of us who participate as vendor contacts here have made similar errors from time to time. PS Admin has been pretty intuitive in letting us know when we're straying into the wrong territory, and most of us have been very receptive to their correction. One would think the rules are pretty cut/dried, but they aren't always and one can still violate the rules even when he is acting with the best of intentions.

Debi sincerely wants to live within the rules here, so I know she'll learn much from this experience and I'm grateful that it's been brought to light.
Thanks Allison. I am sure she has learned a good lesson from this and then some. You keep her in lne, ok?? Just kidding.!!!
Have to infuse some humor here. It's a tough crowd.
5.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 11:33:40 PM
Author: Regular Guy
I don''t suppose now anyone will be more likely to hold them to the 30 day period for review she promised 2 months ago (bottom page 1).....

...no..check that. You couldn''t notice it if you weren''t looking for it...but by gosh if they didn''t jam in...in a different typeface, under where the headline is that you have 10 days...that you DO have 30 days to review their ACAs.
Ira, I have to confess that I was part of the delay in getting that verbiage up. Debi had asked me to work on content for the modification, but with my father''s recent heart attack, she was kind enough to back-burner a few things so I could be with my dad.

I know it''s not the prettiest modification; that''s likely due the fact that we''re trying to get our revised website visit-worthy, so cosmetics wasn''t as important to us as following through on our word to amend it.

I appreciate your diligent interest in it, though.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco's post had me in stitches. That woman has a dry wicked sense of humor.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
edit...

:)

Brilliant_Rock
My initial response was
23.gif
23.gif
- how did they get your email stalker type of response. Then ''oh, ok, well maybe there was a friendship outside of PS'' when other forums were mentioned, then you said no there wasn''t so I was back at
23.gif
23.gif

I think though, with more of the details/history known (and the actual wording of the email), I am more likely to take THIS PARTICULAR CASE as a flattering (towards you) attempt at a repeat partnership on what was probably a fruitful collaboration for them in the past. I think Debi just didn''t think too hard through it before she did it - it was very polite and did not come across as pushy. It would be weirder if there wasn''t that back history of you selflessly offering to help them (unsolicited) in the past. Now maybe somewhat of a genuine attempt to pay you back (albeit without any clear financial benefit to you although perhaps something would have been offered if the design was chosen to offer on the website) and come up with a new design to market for them too. Debi will probably feel bad when she realizes the situation. It may have just been felt that the boundaries were down since you had previously offered to help them when they had not had to solicit your help back then, and Debi did not fully realize the implications of her actions.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I was
23.gif
too, and still am. I don't know the details of Gypsy's jewelry-buying habits, but unless she was a repeat customer of WF who communicates regularly with them about possible projects, I think this is out of line. A request for a price quote several years ago, or even a one-time collaboration on a general (as opposed to personal) project does not constitute a "customer relationship" in my book. Especially if Gypsy hasn't been in contact with them in a customer capacity since those things happened.

I am on the e-mail lists of several vendors here (gemstone cutters and retailers) so I can hear about special sales and promotions. Does that mean I should expect a personal solicitation from them because I technically initiated the contact by signing up for their mailing lists? In my opinion, unless I have informed a vendor about a particular project I'm thinking about or a particular stone I'm searching for, they should not be contacting me about something so specific. General e-blasts on an occasional basis are something I'd expect as a consumer who initiated contact, but this is very different.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 12:47:43 AM
Author: Octavia
I was
23.gif
too, and still am. I don't know the details of Gypsy's jewelry-buying habits, but unless she was a repeat customer of WF who communicates regularly with them about possible projects, I think this is out of line. A request for a price quote several years ago, or even a one-time collaboration on a general (as opposed to personal) project does not constitute a 'customer relationship' in my book. Especially if Gypsy hasn't been in contact with them in a customer capacity since those things happened.

I am on the e-mail lists of several vendors here (gemstone cutters and retailers) so I can hear about special sales and promotions. Does that mean I should expect a personal solicitation from them because I technically initiated the contact by signing up for their mailing lists? In my opinion, unless I have informed a vendor about a particular project I'm thinking about or a particular stone I'm searching for, they should not be contacting me about something so specific. General e-blasts on an occasional basis are something I'd expect as a consumer who initiated contact, but this is very different.
You are absolutely right, Octavia, and I'm sure that point will hit home not only for Debi but for any others reading in a trade capacity.

We're here on Pricescope to be helpful and lend assistance where we can; we aren't here to make people feel as though we're looking over their shoulders or make them feel that they cannot talk freely. Prior customer relationship or no, specific discussions about given projects should only occur at the customer's prompting and initiation.

On behalf of Whiteflash, I extend our most sincere apologies to Gypsy and our assurance to everyone that we understand the need to be respectful and non-intrusive in our communications. We will certainly strive to improve.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Unless I misunderstood the details, it sort of creeps me out that Debi is so busy being a CEO but somehow she managed to be upon PS right when Gypsy''s project thread goes up, reads through it and offers a collaboration.

I would feel as though I were being stalked...

33.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 1:22:25 AM
Author: Allison D.

Prior customer relationship or no, specific discussions about given projects should only occur at the customer''s prompting and initiation.

On behalf of Whiteflash, I extend our most sincere apologies to Gypsy and our assurance to everyone that we understand the need to be respectful and non-intrusive in our communications. We will certainly strive to improve.

Thank you Allison and Whiteflash.

And everyone else... thank you for your guidance, insight, wisdom and for your support. I really appreciate it very much.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
edit

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Just a couple observations:

Allison D - You seem to have changed your tack after learning that Whiteflash was the vendor in question. Early on, you say that it should be "swiftly reported" and was an "egregious violation".

Not to fault you for trying to spin this, as it would be part of your job, no? And I guess, since being on PS representing WF is part of your job, I would wonder why your boss Debi was posting at all? Since you obviously know the rules and abide by them ... this whole thing could have been avoided.

I am curious what will happen now? It has seemed to me that WF has enjoyed a somewhat god-like status here. Will the rules be applied differently to you than to whomever it was who comitted the breach previously?

Maybe I'm missing some of the technicalities.

Edit to add ""

cccheel

Rough_Rock
I think some of you are going overboard on this.

There was a previously established relationship, and this person was solicitated for business. Do you not get unwanted credit card offers in the mail? And, yes, I know there is a difference between the two, but due to the previous relationship, I don''t think any major wrong was done. By some of the responses here, you''d think this was the worst thing that ever happened on PS...
20.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:12:33 AM
Author: cccheel
I think some of you are going overboard on this.

There was a previously established relationship, and this person was solicitated for business. Do you not get unwanted credit card offers in the mail? And, yes, I know there is a difference between the two, but due to the previous relationship, I don''t think any major wrong was done. By some of the responses here, you''d think this was the worst thing that ever happened on PS...
20.gif

After you spend some more time here you will learn that it is *very* nice that PS is a place where vendors can share expertise but not solicit you for sales. How obnoxious would it be if every time you posted about something you had 10 vendors harassing you about buying from them? There are some forums like that and trust me it gets old very fast.

It''s a slippery slope and whether in this situation it was acceptable or not is a VERY fine line. She might have contacted the vendor previously about another project but if she had not contacted the vendor about THIS project, it wasn''t acceptable to use her post on PS to solicit business. Period. All the PS vendors agree to this, that''s the issue here.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Butterbean, thanks for asking more about my intent. I''m happy to be as transparent as I possibly can.

You seem to have changed your tack after learning that Whiteflash was the vendor in question. Early on, you say that it should be ''swiftly reported'' and was an ''egregious violation''. No, I haven''t changed my tack at all. Gypsy''s initial post gave no specifics; it just said "what would you do if a vendor solicited your business through your involvement on this site." Based on that very generic question, my answer was (and still is) "I''d report it to PS Admin. and it''s a violation (egregious violation) of PS rules." My response was based on my belief that her question implied being contacted by a vendor she hadn''t ever initiated contact with herself.

Back in the early days of Pricescope (when I was a consumer and when PMs existed), that did happen. It happened to me directly. I posted on PS about a pendant project I was beginning to consider, and a vendor (who lurked but didn''t never posted) sent me a PM with possible diamond candidates for my project. had never contacted that vendor in any way prior to that. That''s part of why PMs don''t exist anymore. It is that context that I had in mind when I answered her very vague hypothetical question.

My response hasn''t changed since learning the rest of the story. I still think Gypsy was right to report it to PS Admin, and I called Andrey myself to personally apologize on our behalf swiftly. It made her uncomfortable, so she was absolutely right to report it to PS Admin., and I support her action to do so.

Was it a violation of PS rules? That''s a PS Admin judgment call, not mine. Whether or not it violated the rules, it made Gypsy uncomfortable and it breached the spirit of what PS is about. That''s enough for me to say we''re in the wrong regardless of intention.

Not to fault you for trying to spin this, as it would be part of your job, no? Actually, no. My job is to provide helpful information about us and about general topics to the extent that we can, and to be a touchpoint for WF. That role doesn''t require me to be dishonest; if it did, I wouldn''t have accepted the job. If I think we''re wrong (whether it''s technically wrong or just FEELS wrong), I will say so candidly, as I''ve done here.

And I guess, since being on PS representing WF is part of your job, I would wonder why your boss Debi was posting at all? She didn''t post. She wrote an email to someone (Gypsy) who''d been generous to us in the past with her input and wanted to reciprocate the kindness.

I am curious what will happen now? It has seemed to me that WF has enjoyed a somewhat god-like status here. Will the rules be applied differently to you than to whomever it was who comitted the breach previously? My guess (and my expectation) is no; the rules should apply to us as they do to everyone else. Every respected vendor on Pricescope has, at some point or other, encroached on the rules and policies. When it happens and PS Admin is confident it wasn''t a willful or malintentioned act, they contact us (just like they do with consumers) and say "hey, this didn''t feel right so I''m calling it to your attention for correction." We take that correction in the spirit it''s meant - to preserve and improve the climate on Pricescope.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:01:41 AM
Author: neatfreak

It''s a slippery slope and whether in this situation it was acceptable or not is a VERY fine line. She might have contacted the vendor previously about another project but if she had not contacted the vendor about THIS project, it wasn''t acceptable to use her post on PS to solicit business. Period. All the PS vendors agree to this, that''s the issue here.
I emphatically and fully agree, and it''s why I feel we are in the wrong.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 12:47:43 AM
Author: Octavia
I was
23.gif
too, and still am. I don''t know the details of Gypsy''s jewelry-buying habits, but unless she was a repeat customer of WF who communicates regularly with them about possible projects, I think this is out of line. A request for a price quote several years ago, or even a one-time collaboration on a general (as opposed to personal) project does not constitute a ''customer relationship'' in my book. Especially if Gypsy hasn''t been in contact with them in a customer capacity since those things happened.

I am on the e-mail lists of several vendors here (gemstone cutters and retailers) so I can hear about special sales and promotions. Does that mean I should expect a personal solicitation from them because I technically initiated the contact by signing up for their mailing lists? In my opinion, unless I have informed a vendor about a particular project I''m thinking about or a particular stone I''m searching for, they should not be contacting me about something so specific. General e-blasts on an occasional basis are something I''d expect as a consumer who initiated contact, but this is very different.
I would have to agree 100% here.

Call me synical but I would loath a sugary sweet email about how much golly gosh fun it will be for me to do business with someone. Like dont try to be my best friend to get me to buy as that is alittle insulting too. And yes, dont tell me how much fun it will be!!!!!
29.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I have to put my two cents on here because this really made me some angry and I can see why Gypsy was so P-O''d. All the rules and regulations of Pricescope etc aside there are two things that stand out here (to ME):

1) Gypsy had said in her post that her MAXIMUM budget was $1,200 but she would ideally like to keep it under $1,000 and preferabally around $700 if possible. Yet Ms. Wexler immediately stated "I see your budget is in the $1200.00 area". That''s not real cool to me....... Wouldn''t it have been MORE apppropriate to say "I see your budget is in the $700 TO $1,200 range?"

2) If Ms. Wexler had JUST written her and said "I see that you have a pendant project in the works, we would love to work with you on it, please keep us in mind" I think that''s ONE thing (and forum rules aside, I think contact like that is at least akin to an ongoing relationship with a realtor etc), but to jump from "I hope this isn''t too presumptuous" to "Let us know if you like yellow gold, white gold, color stones, diamonds" and "This should be loads of fun" is just...... I dunno, it''s almost CREEPY to me. It''s WAYYYYYY too pushy for my tastes. But then again I''m Canadian..... we just don''t work that way up here.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 9:54:48 AM
Author: ButterBean
I am curious what will happen now? It has seemed to me that WF has enjoyed a somewhat god-like status here. Will the rules be applied differently to you than to whomever it was who comitted the breach previously?

Thank you for asking this question. The same thing went through my mind as well.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

First of all my apologies on thinking it may have been because of another forum. For my own quick perusal awhile back, I noticed your cat av and also the names of other familar faces including vendors. My mistake in thinking you actually post there.

But I break the PS rules by talking about that, so let''s just talk about breaking PS rules for a sec....

In your situation Gypsy, I agree WF overstepped their bounds. I am a little less alarmed because you did contact them and they had your info, but it was inappropriate regardless and should be dealt with.

However, being the numbnut that I am, I would also like to point out you broke PS rules by posting WF''s communicating to you verbatim.

"You will not copy and retransmit any information out of these forums without first getting the permission of the original author of the message. The only exception can be using the materials for solely educational purposes with appropriate acknowledgement. "

Two wrongs, don''t make a right, right?

I''ll go out on a limb again to say you''ve been here long enough to know that wasn''t kosher. Knew it enough to report it yourself. In a situation like this, maybe ask Andrey or Ali in ADVANCE of posting it before the damage has been done. That''s like saying, "This might be a boo-boo, but here goes! Erase it after everyone''s read it, thanks!"

You posting the email makes me almost as uncomfortable as the original sin here. We all use email because we want to document our transactions. Well, I would be MORTIFIED if a PS vendor posted something I meant only for her eyes on Pricescope for all to see. If this were a vendor posting a customer''s email, everyone would be in an uproar. Just because Debi was completely out of line, does it make your posting that email OK? Email privacy is a big thing with me, and we live in a scarier and scarier world where what comes out our mouths can be replayed for others. It can even be altered and twisted when it''s posting email (not saying you did this at ALL btw).

You''re normally quite the classy lady in my book. This is just a slip up, and I think you did it with good intentions (wanting to educate the Pricescope community). Perhaps you can give Debi and WF the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their mistake.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:52:38 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Gypsy,

First of all my apologies on thinking it may have been because of another forum. For my own quick perusal awhile back, I noticed your cat av and also the names of other familar faces including vendors. My mistake in thinking you actually post there.

But I break the PS rules by talking about that, so let's just talk about breaking PS rules for a sec....

In your situation Gypsy, I agree WF overstepped their bounds. I am a little less alarmed because you did contact them and they had your info, but it was inappropriate regardless and should be dealt with.

However, being the numbnut that I am, I would also like to point out you broke PS rules by posting WF's communicating to you verbatim.

'You will not copy and retransmit any information out of these forums without first getting the permission of the original author of the message. The only exception can be using the materials for solely educational purposes with appropriate acknowledgement. '

Two wrongs, don't make a right, right?

I'll go out on a limb again to say you've been here long enough to know that wasn't kosher. Knew it enough to report it yourself. In a situation like this, maybe ask Andrey or Ali in ADVANCE of posting it before the damage has been done. That's like saying, 'This might be a boo-boo, but here goes! Erase it after everyone's read it, thanks!'

You posting the email makes me almost as uncomfortable as the original sin here. We all use email because we want to document our transactions. Well, I would be MORTIFIED if a PS vendor posted something I meant only for her eyes on Pricescope for all to see. If this were a vendor posting a customer's email, everyone would be in an uproar. Just because Debi was completely out of line, does it make your posting that email OK? Email privacy is a big thing with me, and we live in a scarier and scarier world where what comes out our mouths can be replayed for others. It can even be altered and twisted when it's posting email (not saying you did this at ALL btw).

You're normally quite the classy lady in my book. This is just a slip up, and I think you did it with good intentions (wanting to educate the Pricescope community). Perhaps you can give Debi and WF the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their mistake.

My post was soley for the educational purposes of this forum and it's members and I gave complete attribution. I do not feel I have violated the rules at all, since educational intention and attribution are stated as express exceptions to this rule.

Edit: Also, if you note the portion in green it says: out of these forum. Not into. I did not copy anything out of this forum without attribution.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
This particular private exchange between Gypsy and Whiteflash is not a violation of forum polices because we cannot moderate private contact or institute business practices outside of Pricescope.

This type of contact is very different from the examples of unsolicited contact instituted when Private Messaging and personal information was available on the forums. This is the reason we do not allow personal information or PM''s on the forums to this day. Previously when private messaging was allowed, if a vendor or trade member contacted a member without their consent, it would be considered a violation of Pricescope policies. To avoid this situation today, we do not allow personal contact information to be posted for this reason.

That said, while the consensual exchange of personal information and subsequent correspondence is not a violation of Pricescope forum policies, vendors should respect the privilege of the information available on the forum.

We would hope that vendors will use their best discretionary judgment with this information and understand that this type of contact from Whiteflash, although not intended, does cross the line of the trust forged on PS.

Pricescope is a unique site and our goal is to have everyone use the forums in the positive spirit of Pricescope.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:00:28 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 2/24/2009 2:52:38 PM
Gypsy,

But I break the PS rules by talking about that, so let's just talk about breaking PS rules for a sec....

However, being the numbnut that I am, I would also like to point out you broke PS rules by posting WF's communicating to you verbatim.

'You will not copy and retransmit any information out of these forums without first getting the permission of the original author of the message. The only exception can be using the materials for solely educational purposes with appropriate acknowledgement. '

Two wrongs, don't make a right, right?

I'll go out on a limb again to say you've been here long enough to know that wasn't kosher. Knew it enough to report it yourself. In a situation like this, maybe ask Andrey or Ali in ADVANCE of posting it before the damage has been done. That's like saying, 'This might be a boo-boo, but here goes! Erase it after everyone's read it, thanks!'

You posting the email makes me almost as uncomfortable as the original sin here. We all use email because we want to document our transactions. Well, I would be MORTIFIED if a PS vendor posted something I meant only for her eyes on Pricescope for all to see. If this were a vendor posting a customer's email, everyone would be in an uproar. Just because Debi was completely out of line, does it make your posting that email OK? Email privacy is a big thing with me, and we live in a scarier and scarier world where what comes out our mouths can be replayed for others. It can even be altered and twisted when it's posting email (not saying you did this at ALL btw).

You're normally quite the classy lady in my book. This is just a slip up, and I think you did it with good intentions (wanting to educate the Pricescope community). Perhaps you can give Debi and WF the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their mistake.

My post was for educational purposes and I gave complete attribution.
Wow, so that negates the permission part. OK, my bad. You did nothing wrong.
20.gif
3.gif

Sorry Gypsy, I don't think this entire thread was meant for educational purposes. The title is "what would you do?" I'm not saying you were wrong to bring it to light...in fact, I think it was a good thing. But posting that email was unkosher IMHO and I hope it doesn't become a trend on PS.

If you were going to expose WF, then it might have been better to say it from the get go instead of putting some kind of dangler out there. Sometimes Gypsy, you (collectively, not you personally) have to go through issues and quandaries about PS vendors in your own head and just post the end conclusion. Doing otherwise sparks the "drama" that this thread turned into. I'm saying this from experience, trust me (the going through it all in your own head bit). I know how you feel to read something you think is unnerving and want to get feedback before doing anything. But in doing so, it creates the impression of a bigger hoopla than it actually is.

I say this with EDUCATIONAL (lol) purpose. EVERYONE on PS with potentially dodgy encounters with PS vendors should feel brave about bringing them to light. While it might be tempting to post communications so there are no misunderstandings in communicating what the original post/email/whatever said, to do so without consent is at worst, a breach of privacy, and at best, just tacky.

ETA, I should specify that that rolling eye icon was directed at myself. Word to self, use caution when using that icon! (I meant it for me because I obviously didn't read the entire "rule" carefully.)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Am I reading the rule wrong? It says not to transmit OUT of these forums. As in you are not allowed to copy what has been written ON PS, not the other way around. Gypsy didn''t violate anything.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:11:59 PM

I say this with EDUCATIONAL (lol) purpose. EVERYONE on PS with potentially dodgy encounters with PS vendors should feel brave about bringing them to light. While it might be tempting to post communications so there are no misunderstandings in communicating what the original post/email/whatever said, to do so without consent is at worst, a breach of privacy, and at best, just tacky.
Hmm, that''s interesting. I never realized businesses had a right to privacy when they solicited me for my money (without permission no less). I understand the need for privacy on behalf of the customer, but the other way around? Perhaps I need to read the fine print on these websites to see if I''m agreeing to such terms.

debi wexler

Rough_Rock
I want to begin by offering my sincerest apologies to both Gypsy and the Pricescope community.

Gypsy, it was never my intention to make you feel uncomfortable. I rarely get the opportunity to drop by Pricescope, and on the recent occasion I did, I saw your post and the frustration it conveyed about trying to find the right design. Because you were so generous to us with your past input, my first instinct was to reach out and offer our help to you, and I acted on that instinct. It didn't occur to me that my email would cause you discomfort, and I'm truly sorry.

I want to reasure both you and the PS community that neither I nor Whiteflash want to consciously violate the rules here. Pricescope's rules exist to preserve this community, and we respect those rules greatly. I acted on my first impulse to help, and it wasn't the right impulse.

I appreciate the candid discussion, and I'm glad this thread exists. This is how we constantly learn what our customers expect from us and how we can do right by them, and it has been a valuable opportunity for me to better understand PS.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I thought that clause that TGal is citing is saying that we can''t copy someone''s *PS posting* essentially. Am I totally misreading it???

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:36:00 PM
Author: debi wexler

I want to begin by offering my sincerest apologies to both Gypsy and the Pricescope community.

Gypsy, it was never my intention to make you feel uncomfortable. I rarely get the opportunity to drop by Pricescope, and on the recent occasion I did, I saw your post and the frustration it conveyed about trying to find the right design. Because you were so generous to us with your past input, my first instinct was to reach out and offer our help to you, and I acted on that instinct. It didn''t occur to me that my email would cause you discomfort, and I''m truly sorry.
38.gif

I want to reasure both you and the PS community that neither I nor Whiteflash want to consciously violate the rules here. Pricescope''s rules exist to preserve this community, and we respect those rules greatly. I acted on my first impulse to help, and it wasn''t the right impulse.

I appreciate the candid discussion, and I''m glad this thread exists. This is how we constantly learn what our customers expect from us and how we can do right by them, and it has been a valuable opportunity for me to better understand PS.

Thank you Debi, I appreciate the apology.

Also, since the Moderators have stated that your solicitation email was not against the forum rules, please remove my email from your lists for future communications as I do would like to avoid this confusion going forward. If I do want to work with Whiteflash in the future, or purchase from them, I will reach out to you myself.

Thank you,
Layla

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:24:11 PM
Author: MoonWater

Date: 2/24/2009 3:11:59 PM

Hmm, that''s interesting. I never realized businesses had a right to privacy when they solicited me for my money (without permission no less). I understand the need for privacy on behalf of the customer, but the other way around? Perhaps I need to read the fine print on these websites to see if I''m agreeing to such terms.
I should clarify. I meant a breach of privacy on a PERSONAL level. Copying and pasting someone''s words...their voice. I realize at this point WF is a business. But I''m just talking about all of us, as people. I would be miffed if it happened to me. But I realize I''m the consumer, not the business.

Vendors are here to make a buck. Consumers are here to save a buck. That shouldn''t be a surprise to anyone. There are a lot of gray areas in the middle of those two statements...the dilemma is how we all coexist on this forum fairly and treat each other with respect.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:40:27 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I thought that clause that TGal is citing is saying that we can''t copy someone''s *PS posting* essentially. Am I totally misreading it???
Could be. English is not my first language.
2.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:46:05 PM

Date: 2/24/2009 3:40:27 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
Could be. English is not my first language.
2.gif
Well, it is mine, but that doesn''t keep me from confusing things whatsoever!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results