shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do? Eternity or Loose diamond

kmystery

Rough_Rock
Hi

I just wanted to get some idea of what other people would do.

My husband and I are coming up to our anniversary and we have decided to treat ourselves (he love guitars, I love diamonds, its a good match!).

I am stuck between getting a half-eternity band with French cut diamonds, or whether I could get a loose diamond which I would set at a later date. I love pear diamonds and have researched and for the price of the half-eternity, I could buy an almost 1 carat D (I am very colour sensitive) pear diamond, which is much bigger than I ever expected.

The problem is which one to go for?? The loose diamond might not be set for a couple of years, but the half-eternity would be ready to wear and custom made.

Such a silly (and very lucky) thing to be worrying myself over really to have but I would love to know other people's opinions.

In terms of jewellery I already have, I have a three stone engagement ring (0.64ct in total), a five stone ring (1.22ct in total), two solitaire rings (both 0.5ct, one a radiant and one an oval) and a 3/4 pave diamond wedding band.

Thanks

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhm, it doesnt sound like you need any more rings. How are you in the pendant department? I'm going to suggest a 1 carat pear
pendant which depending where you live can probably get mounted for $300plus or minus. So that would be my vote unless you
already have a pendant that you love and wear constantly.

kmystery

Rough_Rock
Thank you, that is a really good idea! I suppose I was juts caught up with the ring idea, I didn't think of anything else. Or some earrings??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do a one carat pear in a really affordable pendant setting NOW, so you can wear it. And then if you want, set it into a ring for later. Or keep it in a pendant.

Color sensitive or not, you probably don't need a D, unless you just want one. An F will be plenty white if the stone is a nice performer and is GIA graded.

As for earrings. Depends on your budget. You didn't say what that was.

I definitely think you are okay on rings though. I would go for something other than a ring.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, with your "inventory" lol, I would look at WF tennis bracelets. I love mine and wear it 24/7. I heard someone use the word "staple" here and had to chuckle. But I do see my wrist rainbow it as a basic part of MY "inventory"!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1463277833|4031815 said:
I would do a one carat pear in a really affordable pendant setting NOW, so you can wear it. And then if you want, set it into a ring for later. Or keep it in a pendant.

Color sensitive or not, you probably don't need a D, unless you just want one. An F will be plenty white if the stone is a nice performer and is GIA graded.

I definitely think you are okay on rings though. I would go for something other than a ring.

^^ Agreed!

A pear pendant would be really lovely. If you're into bracelets, I'm also reminded of these cute bangles!
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/70ct-vintage-pear-diamond-single-stone-bangle#.VziLXSMrK2x

But given the size, maybe it would be wiser to get a slightly larger F, wear it in a pendant now and then keep that flexibility for a ring at a later date. As Gypsy said, a lot depends on your budget (and style too!). :)

kmystery

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone. your comments have been very helpful. I think that a pear pendant is indeed the way to go. I also take on-board the comment about colour. I would think that in a pendant, I could maybe even consider a G as I won't be looking at it on my hand all the time.

thank you

Q

Queenie60

One suggestion - I recently had a pendant made and had the chain made to be adjustable - 16", 17" and 18". It's a great feature as I can wear it with different neck lines. You may want to consider doing this. Good luck - a pear pendant will be beautiful :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1463277833|4031815 said:

That is a really good idea. PUtting it into a pendant lets you wear it now, but still lets you get the pear. And you don't have a single stone over 1 carat so this is a nice addition to your collection.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1463330614|4031980 said:
One suggestion - I recently had a pendant made and had the chain made to be adjustable - 16", 17" and 18". It's a great feature as I can wear it with different neck lines. You may want to consider doing this. Good luck - a pear pendant will be beautiful :wavey:

I ditto this. I thought I wanted a 16 inch necklace but once I got it and started wearing it full time decided it was just too short for me. I'm now having to use an extender to get the extra couple of inches I need. If I had to do it again I would order 17 extended to 18. I'm 5'8" so I really do need the extra length.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results