shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you buy with $1899 CAN?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So. Here's the situation: my husband and I will be debt free, $10,000 from now! Yaaaaaay! We are young and happy and saving every penny to kick our student loans to the curb. We've already crushed about $100,000 - so we're on the final stretch. Hooray!

When we got married, we were extremely money conscious and spent as little as we could. My ring was $175 and my husbands was $60. Very frugally-minded choices, I'm sure you'll agree. But we'd like to celebrate our impending debt-free status, and DH will be buying a macbook. Macbooks go for roughly $1899 Canadian. I will be spending roughly the same amount on a little gift for myself :naughty: ! But I'd love some ideas. I'm finding it's not a big enough budget to buy the kind of diamond ring I'd like. I could save up the difference, or, I could get a necklace! Earrings! Pearls! The world is my oyster :D

If it were you, what would YOU buy with ~$2000? [P.S. - Yes of course we'll save up a small safety fund first. But I didn't eat rice and beans for four years to never splurge :dance: ] Can't wait to see your ideas!

njs86

Rough_Rock
you must listen to dave ramsey..congrats on the debt free. good luck

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds exciting!!! May I ask, what is your dream diamond ring? I wonder if we can help you find something close or suggest you really do save for a bit longer to have something you love!!

If you decide against a ring, I'd opt for earrings. You could get something really pretty!!! Have you got some inspiration pics?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Save and get the ring of your dreams I have dozens of items I have bought to pacify my diamond craving which add up to a ot of dosh when I might has well have saved fir my dream ring

What stone is the ring in your avatar ??? Dream ring, Topaz, fake

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Me personally? I'd buy pearls. White south seas are on sale at Pearl Paradise this month! :drool: But that's just me.

I like the idea suggested of continuing to save for that ring of your dreams, if that would bring you pleasure. The real question isn't what would someone else do, but what would make your heart sing? What do you already have in your jewelry wardrobe and what are you missing? What suits your particular tastes and lifestyle? What would you wear a lot?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
njs86 said:
you must listen to dave ramsey..congrats on the debt free. good luck

I like him well enough, but as a Canadian I prefer Gail Vaz-Oxlade. I also like Mr. Money Mustache! :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk said:
Sounds exciting!!! May I ask, what is your dream diamond ring? I wonder if we can help you find something close or suggest you really do save for a bit longer to have something you love!!

If you decide against a ring, I'd opt for earrings. You could get something really pretty!!! Have you got some inspiration pics?

You're so sweet! But I have to say, this makes me laugh (at myself) because my dream ring changes every week. But in general, it would be cool if I had a diamond ring close to one carat, I love David Klass, I love platinum and white gold metals, I appreciate coloured diamonds and some sapphires and spinels. I like rounds, marquise, cushion, pear, and emerald cuts. Love the old European cuts!

I'll stop there... As you can see, I'm all over the place. Maybe I'll have to go try some on in person! Mainly, I'd like a good deal for everyday wear. Loving this thread for inspiration. What would YOU buy? :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sphene said:
Save and get the ring of your dreams I have dozens of items I have bought to pacify my diamond craving which add up to a ot of dosh when I might has well have saved fir my dream ring

What stone is the ring in your avatar ??? Dream ring, Topaz, fake

This is good advice. I may have to take it! But I wonder if I would feel comfortable wearing an expensive ring. No one in my social circles has one...

The one in my avatar is a lovely pear diamond ring, and not mine :)
My engagement ring is a pear labradorite and silver ring, so I do have special feelings for pears but I despise bow ties!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EvangelineG said:
Me personally? I'd buy pearls. White south seas are on sale at Pearl Paradise this month! :drool: But that's just me.

I like the idea suggested of continuing to save for that ring of your dreams, if that would bring you pleasure. The real question isn't what would someone else do, but what would make your heart sing? What do you already have in your jewelry wardrobe and what are you missing? What suits your particular tastes and lifestyle? What would you wear a lot?

Great questions! Let me do some soul searching and try to answer them in depth :) I'll post some inspiration pics:

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444231704.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444231730.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444231767.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444231800.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I would purchase a preloved/Estate Cartier band, rolling ring or Tiffany diamond band.

cheers--Sharon

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pear photos are of my existing set. I could always have it remade in platinum with a more durable stone. Hmm.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444231844.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444231912.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444232004.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1444232082.jpg

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pearaffair|1444231811|3935806 said:
Great questions! Let me do some soul searching and try to answer them in depth :) I'll post some inspiration pics:

I'd get this but in rose gold with white gold bezels. This :naughty: "might" :naughty: be what I emailed David Klass about and got an amazing quote (was close to your amount).....

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk said:
http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/1-dot-16cttw-14k-princess-cut-halo-engagement-ring;7162

This is listed in Canadian dollars I think and is a lovely ring! Being sold by a pricescoper too!

Seems like a great deal, but I'm not crazy about princess cuts. Thanks for posting it though :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results