shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your M.O. when it came to the stroller madness?

What your the method to your stroller madess?

• Snap and Go, then umbrella stroller later

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Snap and Go, umbrella stroller later and a walking stroller like BOB

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Deluxe stroller from the get go, BUT had to get a umbrella later.

• Other

• Total voters

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
So with strollers always being a hot topic for new moms, thought it would be interesting to see what PS moms did, and whether they were happy with their choices. When commenting, please note what type of mom you are (suburban vs urban).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Suburban mom here who loves to walk outdoors with the kid. I did the SnG, BOB, Maclaren combo. Never regretted the decision, and it was perfect for me.

E B

Ideal_Rock
We just had the UppaBaby Vista for the first 5 months with a separate piece that allowed his infant carseat (Graco Snugride) to snap into the UppaBaby frame. At 5 months, we got a Combi umbrella stroller. We use (and like!) both.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Suburban / Snap and Go, umbrella stroller later and a walking stroller like BOB
Love all my gear!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
baby jogger mini with the car seat adapter for the first 9 mos or so. once baby was in the britax we removed the adapter and used the stroller as is.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um, well when my first was little, we had a britax car seat and a graco stroller. After the second was born, we bought another britax and got a double peg perego.

I was a suburban mom who walked the kids to the store and all that.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Urban mom who used the snap n go and then maclaren quest. Worked great for us! Now with baby #2 on the way I''m trying to decide if I should get a double stroller and what kind.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I had a Mamas and Papas travel system- it was a gift and it was great for a newborn, using the carseat or pram, but I didn''t like the stroller configuration. It didn''t have a height adjustable handle and it wasn''t comfortable to walk with. I live in a fairly rural village with some woodland and costal walks nearby, but I also took it into town a lot, so it needed to do a bit of both.

I would just have put up with it, except that I was in a store that sold the city mini jogger and I laid A down in the display model for a moment when I was harassed trying to pay for some diapers. She fell asleep instantly, so it came home with me. I did not care at that point if it was useful, practical, comfortable to push or anything else. It was the first time she''d napped without being held in nearly 6 months, so it was coming home with me. I don''t think I even asked the price - I''d have sold our house to get it at that point. She''s two in a few weeks and she hasn''t used it in a couple of months, so I think we''re past the stroller stage, but I did like that one. It was comfortable to use and easy to steer, as well as being lightweight and easy to fold. It is fine on beaches, woodland paths and pavements and compact enough to push round shops.

My friend gave me her bugaboo stroller, which I used twice then quietly left in our garage. I think she did the same with it. It was too big, too heavy and people pointed and laughed at it. Where I live, a lot of people still buy these http://www.silvercross.co.uk/our-range/heritage-collection/ I think the bugaboo was just too newfangled for the folks round our way
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We live in an urban area, but we''re in CA so most people drive. We walk somewhere, even if it''s just the neighborhood, every day. We have one stroller, a Cybex (http://www.albeebaby.com/cybex-callisto-stroller-slate.htmlhttp://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=25816). It''s an umbrella stroller similar to Maclaren. The owner of Cybex worked for Maclaren and then started his own business. We''ve used it since she was 3 weeks old with a head positioner in the recline position; my husband and I both love it. I found stroller shopping overwhelming, so I asked the manager of the store where we registered (albeebaby.com) what she recommended and bought what she advised, based on our lifestyle. She said it''s the only stroller she''d put an infant in and it''s what she bought her daughter, who lives in Manhattan.

I plan on getting a jogging stroller when baby is big enough for me to start jogging with her in it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
suburban mom, but within walking distance to a few shopping centers so slightly urban. started with SNG lent from friend but knew right away it would not suffice. don''t have lots of space so wanted one stroller to as closely fit all bills as possible.

got the bumbleride indie as a walking/full-size stroller with real wheels that still fits in a tiny trunk, love it !!!! totally no regrets.

plan to get cheapie umbrella later for travel/small spaces etc.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uburban mom, lots of walking and taking the bus with the baby.

Used the baby jogger city mini with adaptor for first 3 months, then as is when Hunter got older and we got the Britax. That is our portable stroller. We got a BOB for jogging and longer walks when he was about 8 months.

Very happy, would do it all again for a first baby!

For number two we will get a Phil & Ted stroller so both kids can ride in it... maybe. Who knows.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i did the SnG, bugaboo, maclaren, BOB. way too many strollers!! haha. with both kids i used the SnG until about 4 months, i actually still use it for N right now. and we have both the single and double BOB. and we have 2 maclarens right now also for travel. i used both of them when we went to vegas with the kids last month.

only thing i would do differently is i probably wouldn''t have gotten the double BOB as it is so wide but still maneuvers like a dream. DH wanted the double BOB and we have probably used it about 3 times and those 3 times were all in the first few weeks we had it.

thank goodness we have a huge garage!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Suburban mom within walking distance of shopping centers, library, etc. We also have dogs who we like to take on long walks and runs.

I don''t fit well into any of the poll categories, but I chose one deluxe stroller because that''s what we ended up with.

We bought a second-hand snap-n-go and used it I think once before selling it. It wasn''t good for walks around the neighborhood (horrible horrible sidewalks) and when we went shopping, we tended to just put George in a carrier or to put the infant bucket in the shopping cart. We also had a Maclaren stroller that neither of us liked and so we sold that as well (also not well-suited for walks around the neighborhood with the horrible sidewalks, nearly impossible to collapse and so we didn''t want to take it in the car as it took up the entire trunk uncollapsed - I wonder if we had a defective one?). And then we got a BOB Revolution for the long walks/runs that we both lurve. We also have a BabyHawk carrier that we use quite a bit when out and about, which is how we get by with just the one big stroller.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Urban mom who walks everywhere, including pushing stroller at least 2 miles each day to and from daycare. Started out with Bugaboo and added Maclaren Volo later on for lightweight travel stroller. No regrets. Still love that freaking Bugaboo!

Of course, then I went ahead and had a 2nd child 17 months later and moved on to the Phil & Teds Sport and absolutely LOVE it too. I would recommend this stroller to anyone thinking about having 2 children close together as it can be used from birth.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
umm....my MO was to listen to the wise mommies here and just do what they said. So I got an Uppa, which we absolutely love and can''t wait to actually use it!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I have a SNG and Maclaren Triumph. Don''t plan on getting any other strollers. We drive everywhere and need a stroller that is easy to open, close, and move around. The Triumph is great for that. She hasn''t napped in it so I don''t know how well it will handle a sleeping baby but so far it''s great.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
With JT we had a Graco travel system and we got the same thing for the coming baby. I live in "town" but a rural area. I love the 4-wheeler perspective that allows us to get around easily on bad roads. We also go hiking and I like the graco because it''s easily maneuverable in those conditions and I don''t mind if it gets dirty or scratched since it wasn''t expensive. I just hose it off and throw it back in the trunk.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 1:40:52 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Suburban mom here who loves to walk outdoors with the kid. I did the SnG, BOB, Maclaren combo. Never regretted the decision, and it was perfect for me.

Ditto. I am a suburban mom but can walk to shopping and the BOB is perfect for those trips. Even with T''s 30 lbs you can push the BOB with one finger. I did have the chicco travel system and HATED the stroller. It was like pushing a shopping cart.

My Maclaren volo is GREAT for shorter trips/travel. So light. I love that I can open and close it with one hand.

S''nG, well I should work for them b/c I am SOLD. I used it until she grew out of her infant carrier. Great basket on it as well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 6:54:20 PM
Author: curlygirl
Urban mom who walks everywhere, including pushing stroller at least 2 miles each day to and from daycare. Started out with Bugaboo and added Maclaren Volo later on for lightweight travel stroller. No regrets. Still love that freaking Bugaboo!

Of course, then I went ahead and had a 2nd child 17 months later and moved on to the Phil & Teds Sport and absolutely LOVE it too. I would recommend this stroller to anyone thinking about having 2 children close together as it can be used from birth.
Curly can you jog with the P&T? Is it technically a jogging type stroller?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Urban mom in small city (can walk pretty much anywhere if i wanted to)

Only ever used/use my bugaboo
Perfect for me b/c :
--used the bassinet up until 4 mos and could swaddle my kid, lay him down for a proper nap and still go out for a walk
--Snapped the car seat into the frame for shopping trips (didn''t have to buy a SnG)
--Use the regular seat for everything else

Now, with kid number two i am so sad bugaboo doesn''t make a double stroller
but I found this stroller by Baby Jogger so i think iam going to order it!

Baby_Jogger_City_Select_Combinations.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas12, I almost got a Baby Jogger (not that version but their city elite) and they are great strollers. They had lots of nice options and the one you posted is so cool! I think it is a great option if you plan on having 2 closer together.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 9:25:49 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Date: 5/3/2010 6:54:20 PM
Author: curlygirl

Curly can you jog with the P&T? Is it technically a jogging type stroller?
dd, I don''t think it''s technically a jogging stroller but I know people that do jog with it and think it''s great. I''m not a jogger so I have no idea! I can only attest to the fact that it''s amazing on all different types of terrain and even with 2 toddlers in it, it''s easy to push. My small issue is with the location of the brake--it''s at foot level under the back seat (if you add the 2nd seat) and it''s a little hard to maneuver but in all honestly, I rarely use the brake anyway so it''s not a big deal. I can''t say enough good things about this stroller!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Suburban and we have a Graco double system, BOB, and Kolcraft.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Love our uppababy vista. Urban Mom - if going somplace by subway, I use my babyhawk or moby wrap (no elevator at our subway station). I could see us getting an umbrella stroller later on for when we travel more by plane so we have one that can be gate-checked. Am eyeing Guzzie and Gus for that...

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Suburban mom that can walk to a few shops and can walk my kids to school.

SnG, hated it's bulkyness and it was hard to drive around...

Bumbleride Indie (thanks Mara and Mandi), so far love it. I take slow jogs or walks in it almost everyday. I will be walking my older son to school next year (a 10 min. walk on sidewalk) so we will be taking it for that. And I will be using it on shopping trips. I figure at some point I will get a Maclaren umbrella stroller to keep in the car for shopping trips and keep the Bumbleride in the garage for all of our outdoor activities, but I probably won't do this until he's at least a year or so.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 9:53:18 PM
Author: Jas12
Urban mom in small city (can walk pretty much anywhere if i wanted to)

Only ever used/use my bugaboo
Perfect for me b/c :
--used the bassinet up until 4 mos and could swaddle my kid, lay him down for a proper nap and still go out for a walk
--Snapped the car seat into the frame for shopping trips (didn't have to buy a SnG)
--Use the regular seat for everything else

Now, with kid number two i am so sad bugaboo doesn't make a double stroller
but I found this stroller by Baby Jogger so i think iam going to order it!
Urban mom-to-be and this is the stroller we are planning to get! Equally as sad bugaboo doesn't make a double stroller, but after doing a ton of research, this stroller is the closest thing to a bugaboo and will be perfect for our twins.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I got the Graco travel system and an umbrella stroller. I''m glad I got both of those, but I still really regret not getting the Snap and Go as well. I needed a heavy duty stroller for walking my dog around the apartment (and wanted one the infant seat would work with) and the Graco is good for that. I still use it when we''re doing more heavy duty walking, but I don''t need one of the really expensive strollers like a BOB, so for us, the travel system worked.

But a lot of times, when ds was younger, I didn''t go out because I didn''t feel like lugging the travel system stroller to and from the car. By the time I realized I really wanted a snap and go, I figured he''d be out of the infant seat soon and we''d just use the umbrella stroller, but we actually didn''t need to go from infant seat to convertible until around 8 months, plus I could have gotten a snap and go on craigslist for under $20. One of my biggest regrets, definitely!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not the best place for this question - but any suggestions on a good stroller that can be easily pushed with one hand? It''s really important to us that we be able to walk our (very big) dog and the baby at the same time so one-handed pushing is a must for us. I''ve basically ruled out any strollers that have two handles and those that have one-hand fold where the *button* is in the center of the push-bar. Any ideas?

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I actually used a sling exclusively when mine were little. By the time they were too heavy for me to carry in the sling, they were old enough for an umbrella stroller.

Urban* with the first two, suburban with the third. We walked around a lot.

*We lived right downtown, although it wasn''t a terribly urban downtown. No subways or skyscrapers
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 9:44:27 AM
Author: puppmom
Maybe not the best place for this question - but any suggestions on a good stroller that can be easily pushed with one hand? It's really important to us that we be able to walk our (very big) dog and the baby at the same time so one-handed pushing is a must for us. I've basically ruled out any strollers that have two handles and those that have one-hand fold where the *button* is in the center of the push-bar. Any ideas?
Puppmom, we got this onehttp://www.bumbleride.com/collection2010/indie-home.php and love it. It pushes really easily. Look around for deals on the 2009 version and you can get it for a reasonable amount. I got ours at mystrollers.com. It came with free shipping and they price matched the lowest price I found on the internet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results